Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-17-2017, 10:52 AM

Default Whidden Dies

Anyone out there using them? I just bought a set and they seem impressive. I am not sure how to properly set them up. They are full length and neck sizing dies that use bushings. I want to set them up to be only neck sizing. Any help or advice is appreciated.

The instruction that come with them are limited, and I couldnt find any videos on youtube on how to set them up.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:41 PM

If you're on Facebook, there's a few fellows on The Canadian Reloading Room page who use Whidden dies. Closed group - just ring the bell for entry: https://www.facebook.com/groups/783798901672652/
Old 02-17-2017, 11:59 PM

I use them. You want your bushing with number side down and 1/4 turn loose so bushing is free to move. Set die so it doesn't push shoulder back but only does neck.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:52 AM

Whidden has been great answering any emails I have sent with questions. I had triuble with my seating die, it was sent with the wrong plug inside. One call and a new one was in the mail that day. Setting up the seating die can be a bit difficult, I actually prefer the redding seater, but the whidden is very well made.