Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 02-10-2017, 12:41 PM

Default CBC's Fifth Estate tonight. Feb. 10: The hunter and the hunted.

Might want to watch Fifth Estate tonight, Feb 10 on CBC. Canadian big game hunters are under scrutiny on the show.

There are people in the show are who sort of representing what our hunting is becoming. Might be informative. Might put some up in arms.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 02-10-2017, 12:48 PM
Banned

It is the CBC it will be full facts.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:55 PM

There is already a story out about it with comments open to get the anti hunters all riled up.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/trophy...esko-1.3974716
Old 02-10-2017, 01:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
CBC - Can't Believe Chit!

BW
Communist Broadcasting Co-operative

There I fixed it for you
Old 02-10-2017, 01:39 PM

I thought it was the Canadian Brainwashing Corporation?
Old 02-10-2017, 01:45 PM

I'm almost scared to watch. Might be best for the blood pressure to avoid it.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolftrapper View Post
I'm almost scared to watch. Might be best for the blood pressure to avoid it.
Like quite a few things on CBC, avoid the comment section and it will help keep your BP down lol.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:14 PM

I'll record it save it for the next time l over-eat and need to make some room.
Old 02-10-2017, 08:21 PM

I watched it, Yuck. Trying not to get drawn into a rant BUT!!. All I can say is I find her such a disappointment in so many ways. Granted, if the CBC is going to grill you over blood sports then your dead in the water before you even start. Unfortunately main stream media will paint this cheap tattooed gipsy with a brush that slaps all female hunters in the face. My own daughter (a shooter and a hunter) got up and walked away from the TV with comments that I won't print here. Anyone so artificial that lathers on that much make up and nail shellac for the cameras while on hunt (if that's what they consider a hunt) is just another Kardashian hopeful. Gross
Old 02-10-2017, 09:39 PM

It wasn't a very flattering portrayal of hunting,like I'd expect any better from leftard cbc.Half truths and biased figures,ie;quoting the reduced population of certain species over the last century,while neglecting the fact that African safari hunting,the economic benefits of same,anti-poaching and conservation efforts LED BY HUNTERS is likely the ONLY reason many species aren't extinct today.Bob McKeown was blatantly biased against hunting and baiting her....then there's the whole Kardashian thing as posted above^^......she does in fact make lady hunters look like spoiled rich brat Barbie dolls wearing too much makeup....then some fun facts at the end of the story after the "Cecil" clips,ie;"USA has banned the importation of lion trophies while Canada still allows the practice"....obvious attempt by CBC to stir that hornets nest and bait public outrage and protest.
Again,I'd expect no better from CBCand wasn't disappointed....buncha leftard pukes.Quite likely THE WORST mainstream enemedia coverage of hunting that I've ever been unfortunate enough to witness.

EDIT:Oh and fwiw,just googled Fifth Estate website and not surprisingly,the Twitter feed is blowing up with anti-hunting comments,threats and curses for this woman.
Great job CBC.....Commie Brainwashing Corp strikes again.

Last edited by catnthehat; 02-10-2017 at 09:52 PM.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:41 PM

Yeah im not going to watch. I rather with make the choice to maintain a positive attitude, and support the ambassadors of our rich heritage.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:52 PM
Banned

Gotta agree with West O'5 summary and save myself some typing.

Pretty much what I'd expect from the CBC, and more specifically The Fifth Estate. They'll tell you what to think.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardBias View Post
Yeah im not going to watch. I rather with make the choice to maintain a positive attitude, and support the ambassadors of our rich heritage.
Your not missing nothing unless you like getting and high BP.

Last edited by catnthehat; 02-11-2017 at 08:07 AM.
Old 02-11-2017, 07:40 AM

Wow was that interviewer anti hunting.I thought he was gonna snap when he interviewed the ink huntresss.lol
What a loser.
Old 02-11-2017, 07:55 AM
Banned

I thought the interviewer was going to start crying when he was talking with inkhuntress ,

Where does he think his McNuggetts come from,,,,

What a biased and hypocritical moron! Go CBC ,
Old 02-11-2017, 09:18 PM

Do not watch, it was terrible. Another Spoiled trust fund baby with unlimited money to "hunt". It bothers me that people like this get sponsored by any company, I couldn't believe how smug she was through the whole interview.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:46 AM

I watched it and thought she failed to explain what hunting and trophy hunting is all about and the conservation efforts. I am sure even if she did though they would have edited it out to make a more controversial show.

From her pictures though she differs from most TV host where she's actually involved in the not so pretty part of hunting (field care) and such.

Me personally I thought she was did a decent job of representing herself and the hunting community should support her instead of smack talking her tattoos and the fact that girls wear makeup or her dads a gazillionaire.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:33 AM

I'm not convinced the CBC or the interviewer are to blame for how hunting was portrayed on the Fifth Estate, if as a hunter you offer yourself up to the media for scrutiny and purport to represent hunters and hunting you had better be prepared. Those interviewers are as relentless, ruthless, and experienced if not more so than RCMP interogators or lawyers. It's their job and she was not up to the task, in fact bias aside on the part of CBC she did a terrible job of representing the hunting community and female hunters in particular. My 13 daughter who is right now taking her CORE(hunter training in BC) would have answered most if not all questions better and has a better grasp of how hunting is used as a valid management tool. Personally I enjoy many of the shows on CBC(lean a bit to the left myself) and the challenge I see for us as hunters is that they are a reflection of how a portion(how large is hard to tell because anti hunters are very loud and very well funded) of society thinks. In many cases, particularly TV Hunting personalities for certain we are often our own worst enemy. Many of the hunting shows(if you can even call them that) are awful, so little respect for the animal or the tradition of hunting.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
It is the CBC it will be full facts.
Quoted like a boss.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:53 AM

Obviously the CBC is biased against hunting and the interviewer even more so. If they were provided with a competent person who could articulate the hunters perspective effectively the CBC wouldn't have presented the interview. They pick someone who only seems to know enough to be dangerous (or perhaps they edited out any reasonable discourse that she may have presented) but she was not self aware enough to understand how what she said could be viewed and skewed in a negative light. Of course the interviewer and editors took full liberties to present the hunting community as a bunch of blood thirsty thrill killers who have no respect for wildlife..
Old 02-12-2017, 09:02 AM

In the interview he implied that Cecil the lion was lured from the park and also implied that the hunt was illegal. When the facts of the hunt came to light both of these things were proven to be false. He should get his facts straight.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:03 AM

Dont we all try to lure animals out of private land, military bases and parks? Hunter haters are ignorant jackwads.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:39 PM
Banned

Default I have a different perspective !

I'm no fan of trophy hunting but if it's legal to each her own .
As for the ink huntress ,I thought she was relentless and cool
under fire , she held her ground . The part with the children
was very well done . Her dad was very reserved and kept it
Sane and plausible .
I was waiting for the host to lose it , he came close !
I have no problem with rich people spending on the
hunting of their choice.
I had already made up my mind, I was going to hate it .
But I didn't,I don't know how you could get the idea across
that hunting is a personal choice . This is another thing leftys
will never get . Except Putin ,he gets it !
Old 02-14-2017, 05:01 AM

As much as l didn't like the weasel interviewer, l do agree that use of the word "harvest" in place of "kill" is weak P.C. BS.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:47 AM

Not using kill is a mistake I think.
Hunters kill. Period. Take ownership of that.

But killing happens everywhere.
Be it your polyester pants that are made from oil that involves extraction and using up formerly natural places, leather shoes that come from the hide of an animal bred for this product or a cotton shirt that is created from a plant that is farmed on cultivated land that would otherwise be used by animals .

There is no free lunch. But at least hunters realize this fact and understand what killing is.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 02-14-2017, 10:53 AM

Caliphate
Broadcasting
Corporation
Old 02-14-2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
As much as l didn't like the weasel interviewer, l do agree that use of the word "harvest" in place of "kill" is weak P.C. BS.
I don't agree with it either and never have , but it has become an accepted term in hunting , the same as "took" , "dropped" , etc......
Cat
Old 02-14-2017, 12:22 PM

I just wish they'd have interviewed someone who was more well spoken and could articulate ideas about hunting better. Jim Shockey, Cam Haynes, Steve Rinella, Remi Warren etc etc.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muirsy View Post
I just wish they'd have interviewed someone who was more well spoken and could communicate ideas about hunting better. Jim Shockey, Cam Haynes, Steve Rinella, Remi Warren etc etc.
The issue however was not with th vabove hunters named , it centred around this particular hunter as far as I know
Cat
Old 02-14-2017, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
The issue however was not with th vabove hunters named , it centred around this particular hunter as far as I know
Cat
Oh for sure - I just think her answers to some of the specific questions she got (which would have been similar no matter who they were interviewing) could have been better. Ah well