Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 07-17-2016, 07:47 AM

Default Help for Blue Green Algae

The lakes and potholes that are prone to high nutrient loads leading to the growth of blue green Algae,can now be cured with the use of ultra sound.
I fight blue green all summer long with the use of beneficial bacteria and in extreme cases,use alum with a sodium bicarbonate buffer.
Last winter some exciting new ultra sound machines came onto the market.They are way more powerful than the existing machines and can treat up to 320 acres per machine.The head(transducer) has a 4 way directional system.
A couple of weeks ago,the machines finally arrived.They are 24 volt solar powered,Ac models are also available.The timing was perfect as I had a bloom starting.The transducers were installed and started.In 3 days there was a dramatic reduction in bloom density.After 8 days,most of the algae is gone.
I have avery tough time believing in something I can't see,hear,feel or smell,however these things flat out work.
If people would not disturb or destroy them,they could be adapted to large lakes like Pigeon that are prone to blooms every summer.