Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-03-2016, 10:29 AM

FWIW I got a VS380 used for $150. Not sure I ever would have dropped more that $300-$400 on a new one but I might someday after using this one.
Mines Black and White but very good video. Very light and compact, and the bag with fold out sun-shade / hood is awesome.
You have to be mindful of the cables but if you keep the tv end of the spool short it's easy to manage.
I had the TV in the truck and the panner remote also. And when I went to pack it up I had 3, 10 foot lengths of cable that turned into spaghetti, but I'll do better if I decide to try the long distance viewing again.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayDoh View Post
So I'll admit after using the Marcum camera I just got, that I'm a fan now also. It's still kind of a hassle, but much less if one compared to my GoPro. I suppose I could have fab'ed up a better rig for the GoPro but with the couple second delay you get with it, the marcum is way better.
The hood for the screen is essential and the video is very good. I have a new found respect for minnows and other Pike prey after seeing one emerge from the murk and slowly stalk my lure. I actually felt a ting of fear for the lure, lol.
Reminded me of one time when I was a teenager fishing for pike using a large spinner-bait, casting from a boat. As I was retrieving it I caught sight of the lure about 10 feet underwater. Slowly I also caught sight of these eyeballs swimming right behind it. It freaked me out and I ripped the lure out, like it was my hand or something. I laughed and kicked myself for not wanting the fish to bite my lure.

Anyways, I found myself rarely looking at the flasher, and I was glued to the TV. Not suggesting my flasher isn't as useful but it's much less interesting than the cam. When the water clarity and daylight permit. Even before sunset the camera became useless, but damn it's fun.
I joked that I was watching MFN (my fishing network), a play on WFN.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayDoh View Post
FWIW I got a VS380 used for $150. Not sure I ever would have dropped more that $300-$400 on a new one but I might someday after using this one.
Mines Black and White but very good video. Very light and compact, and the bag with fold out sun-shade / hood is awesome.
You have to be mindful of the cables but if you keep the tv end of the spool short it's easy to manage.
I had the TV in the truck and the panner remote also. And when I went to pack it up I had 3, 10 foot lengths of cable that turned into spaghetti, but I'll do better if I decide to try the long distance viewing again.
Glad you are liking the camera! Little bit of a hassle but worth it.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.