Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-30-2016, 09:51 PM

Default Marcum Pancam

Well, I must have really bad luck...My 5th replacement on this camera is a bad one...Pan motor bad and the camera took on water. Not sure where to go from here...any suggestions?
Old 01-30-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcward View Post
Well, I must have really bad luck...My 5th replacement on this camera is a bad one...Pan motor bad and the camera took on water. Not sure where to go from here...any suggestions?
Wow that is unbelievable!
How long are they going to continue having problems?
Sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble with it.
They appear to have little to no quality control anymore.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:50 AM

Had same types of problems. After going through 3 straight out of the box. I have up and returned for refund
Old 01-31-2016, 09:28 AM

Default What did you end up getting

Quote:
Originally Posted by old dog View Post
Had same types of problems. After going through 3 straight out of the box. I have up and returned for refund
What did you get to replace it?
Old 02-01-2016, 04:45 PM

I sill have my vexilar from a few years ago. But when I returned the pancam I bought a Aqua vu micro 5c. Love it. Hangs around my neck and so portable. I was worried about the smaller screen but seems to work. Even for my old eyes
Old 02-01-2016, 07:16 PM

Quote:
I sill have my vexilar from a few years ago. But when I returned the pancam I bought a Aqua vu micro 5c. Love it. Hangs around my neck and so portable. I was worried about the smaller screen but seems to work. Even for my old eyes
How long have you had the Micro? I went through 3 camera head returns due to leaking in water. If you have just started using it...good luck. I do agree with what you are saying. I already miss mine just for how simple it was to setup and get going. sigh

As for the Marcum, long since gave up on that. Same thing, leaking camera head and stopped panning. I have a vexilar too and that thing has never had an issue - 5 years strong. Still prefer AquaVu though over any for cameras.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:01 AM

No problems with my Aqua vu. Camera seems good. Have used it lots in two years. It's quick and easy to use I use it mostly to see what is down there vs fishing with it. The flasher does that part. Sounds like your vexilar is same age as mine. Your pancam had same issues as mine. You would think the price we pay for this stuff the quality would be better.
Old 02-02-2016, 05:35 PM

Quote:
No problems with my Aqua vu. Camera seems good. Have used it lots in two years. It's quick and easy to use I use it mostly to see what is down there vs fishing with it. The flasher does that part. Sounds like your vexilar is same age as mine. Your pancam had same issues as mine. You would think the price we pay for this stuff the quality would be better.
Yeah, agreed. I'm glad to hear one good Micro story. I might revisit it after a couple of years. I couldn't agree more on how easy it is to use and the quality of the picture...
In down view, because of the size, it makes fishing for whites on a place like Gull indispensable. Many times of kept the rod in one hand and one-handed the Micro out of the hole to continue to fight the fish. Try doing that with the Vex!!