Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-01-2016, 11:46 AM

Default Fishing Resorts <3 hrs from Edmonton?

Hi,

I'm thinking about taking my girls (8&6) out late May for a couple nights to catch some walleye and pike. Anyone have a good suggestions? I don't have a boat so I am looking for a place with rentals, decent cabins and of course plenty of fish...

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers,
Herbecm
Old 02-01-2016, 12:14 PM

Slave lake. Maybe Roland's on the river? Or Winifred lake lodge on Winifred lake.
Old 02-01-2016, 01:16 PM

No offence but you dont take your kids to Winefred unless they LOVE fishing because there isn't much up there isn't much to do there aside from fish and its also 5.5 hrs away through some very rough terrain ( not everyone is equipped vehicle wise)

I would say Pierce Lake Lodge, just inside Sask, east of Cold Lake. very friendly staff there as well as excellent lodging. Also Lac Des Isles which is about 40 mins past Pierce Lake on the same stretch of Hwy. Pretty good places and affordable
Old 02-01-2016, 05:45 PM

If you are just looking to go out for a day with your kids, I would suggest that you go with a guide who operates around Edmonton. Some guides also do multi day trips.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Slave lake. Maybe Roland's on the river? Or Winifred lake lodge on Winifred lake.
The people who own lake the resort at winefred have turned into @$$holes. i wouldn't suggest going there
Old 02-02-2016, 10:34 AM
Banned

X2. Go to winefred outfitters and save your axles on albertas crappiest road ever known to man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlson View Post
The people who own lake the resort at winefred have turned into @$$holes. i wouldn't suggest going there
Old 02-02-2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbecm View Post
Hi,

I'm thinking about taking my girls (8&6) out late May for a couple nights to catch some walleye and pike. Anyone have a good suggestions? I don't have a boat so I am looking for a place with rentals, decent cabins and of course plenty of fish...

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers,
Herbecm
Shaws point on NW side of lesser slave lake.

Cant miss...its a nice campground with lots of trails and a couple playgrounds, mini golf etc. Boat rentals right out of the marina and a restaurant on site.

Cozy little cabin rentals too.

Been going there since i was a kid and everyone always has a good time and the fish are very abundant throughout the summer without much of a boat ride. Just go before the real HOT days into august and you wont have to travel far for good fishing.
Old 02-02-2016, 12:37 PM

I wonder if Roland's is still around. It's been years since I was there but it used to be a great location to fish out of, the walleye action was nonstop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Old 02-02-2016, 05:11 PM

Smile Thanks

All much appreciated for the replies. I'll have to get on the horn and see about rental availabilities against my schedule and go for it!

Cheers,
Herbecm