Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-05-2018, 08:07 AM

Default Greenpeace Bridge protesters: Update, Two are from Edmonton

The gas price thread got me to thinking about the possibility that the Greenpeace protesters actions might have had an effect on the commodity markets. I think the government should come down on them like a pile of bricks with every and any charges possible, including the costs related to their apprehension. The thing is if it’s the BC gov’t rather than the feds the police might get directions from Horgan & his minions to minimize charges. I’m hoping that prosecutors and police find all manner of things to charge them with and that they’re kept in pre-trial custody for as long as possible. The foreigners should never be allowed back in Canada and in my opinion should be jailed until trial due to being such obvious flight risks.

It was noted in the Globe & Mail that the protesters were from across Canada but also Washington State, Mexico and the United Kingdom. I believe that the law should come down especially hard on foreign protesters, being they are not Canadian at all it should garner some additional charges. Acts such as this affect us all directly by affecting our international trade and transport, if these saboteurs are not dealt with harshly then not only will it affect market prices, but it will only encourage similar behaviour from the brainwashed enviro fundamentalists.

I realize this subject will draw up a lot of ire, but please keep commentary to what can be accomplished legally; I noticed a lot of comments sections in news articles noting violent ways to get the idiots down, it might just be venting but it’s not productive. And besides, someone already said it anyways!
Old 07-05-2018, 08:10 AM

Foreigners interfering with Canadian business is called terrorism. Incarcerate them, charge them and deport them never to return.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:26 AM

Very simple solution, RCMP bring out a good knife and drop them into the Fraser River. Let them come walking out like a wet cat on muddy bank of the Fraser!
Old 07-05-2018, 09:40 AM
Banned

100% professional activists being paid for by Tides Foundation.

Either that or all the out of work Rope Access Techs are fed up and decided to get new jobs lol

Soyboy eco-tards don't just learn to rappel and tie propper knots overnight. It's ridiculous that the law isn't being enforced for this stuff.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
Very simple solution, RCMP bring out a good knife and drop them into the Fraser River. Let them come walking out like a wet cat on muddy bank of the Fraser!
My thoughts exactly.
Under Section 83 of the Criminal Code Green Peace has met the definition of a terrorist group and should be dealt with accordingly. If they are interfering with maritime law does that make the pirates as well?
Anyone remember the opening scene in the Expendables?
Barney Ross: What the hell's he doing?
Lee Christmas: Hanging a pirate.
Barney: Don't be ridiculous. Gunnar, what are you doing?
Gunnar Jensen: Hanging a pirate.
Toll Road: This is seriously demented.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 07-05-2018, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
If they are interfering with maritime law does that make the pirates as well?
Yes
Old 07-05-2018, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet Ranch View Post

Either that or all the out of work Rope Access Techs are fed up and decided to get new jobs lol

Soyboy eco-tards don't just learn to rappel and tie propper knots overnight. It's ridiculous that the law isn't being enforced for this stuff.
Why are you surprised? The can't even fix a broken fence on our border.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
Incarcerate them, charge them and deport them never to return.
what he said.
Old 07-05-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Foreigners interfering with Canadian business is called terrorism. Incarcerate them, charge them and deport them never to return.
Exactly for the foreigners. For the Canadians charged and prosecuted with costs for whatever damages (delays to shipping), police and rescue put on them.

Ronald Reagan was interesting to listen to on complaints of being to hard on protesters when he was governor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgle_7BhlHI

Last edited by 2 Tollers; 07-05-2018 at 12:42 PM.
Old 07-05-2018, 12:45 PM

I would pay money to see their suspension cables cut and watch them go for a dip in the Pacific.
Old 07-05-2018, 12:48 PM

Look piñatas pass my bat and hold my beer!
Old 07-05-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Look piñatas pass my bat and hold my beer!
What sort of range can you get with a paint ball gun?

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 07-05-2018, 02:17 PM

I supposed this would devolve into this, despite my pleas otherwise. I was hoping to get some constructive suggestions, and perhaps ask that you contact your respective MP's about ensuring the application of law and how imperative it is that we clamp down on unlawful protests and blockades as it contributes to driving away business investment. What rational foreign company would want to do business with a nation where anarchy is virtually unchecked? These treasonous fundamentalists are already walking free among us, though perhaps treason is not the correct term to apply to the foreigners among them.

Trust me, I have thought the easy thoughts regarding possible actions when the group was dangling from their web, them having been in such a vulnerable position does encourage the mind to wander. That being said and in stark contrast to the protesters, of course our officials took the high road in their apprehension, sadly the courts being what they are there is not a lot of hope for justice. We do need to make sure such things do not happen again, these weirdos are just being emboldened by their followers. They want to be seen as heroic and truly believe that they are when they're quite the opposite.

I can't get over yet another irony with these dolts that all of their fancy climbing gear and 2/3's of their clothing was sourced from the petrochemical industry (the ropes) or mining (carabiners, etc). They protest that the pipeline twinning would bring increased tanker traffic when they don't realize that without adding capacity they will STILL get tankers, the only difference is that they would be inbound tankers rather than outbound tankers; after all, BC's population is not shrinking. Their tunnel vision is beyond comprehension
Old 07-05-2018, 02:17 PM

I remember a few years back these nut bars tried this in Russia, I think it was to do with whaling or the seal hunt.
They DID NOT get treated as we treat these pieces of human waste, quite the opposite actually.
Made me laugh!
Cat
Old 07-05-2018, 02:39 PM
Banned

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
The gas price thread got me to thinking about the possibility that the Greenpeace protesters actions might have had an effect on the commodity markets.
The fellow I fish with has had to secure another job, as we in the fishing industry pretty much all have to these days.
His function now is to run the tugs that drag the fuel barges over to the Island. Those barges are The Source for gasoline, diesel and oil for the whole of the Island.

Due to these professional protesters, they could not run the tugs under the bridge in question. So, the the fuels could not be delivered. And shortages were right on the edge. My partner called yesterday to say Nanaimo would be without gasoline at most major stations within 48 hours tops, and the cascade effect from there would be hitting the entire Island very shortly thereafter. Of course The Missuz & I fueled the truck and car to the nines in response.

Then we watched as the Mounties cut them down from their lofty perches...

I strongly agree with your position regarding these idiots.
Lock them up, and deport the foreigners with the Persona Non Grata label please & thanks!

Cheers,
Nog
Old 07-05-2018, 09:51 PM

I have sent my MP (Kent Hehr) an email regarding this incident in hopes that something, anything might be discussed or acted upon with regards to individuals and groups who undermine Canada's reputation to the foreign business community. If anarchists and anti-capitalists go unchecked, foreign investment will flee more than it already has due to certain provincial administrations.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:27 PM

What I can't fathom is why the government didn't step in immediately and eliminate the problem. They are too soft of everything in this whole west coast fiasco.....pipelines, now this....get some balls
Old 07-05-2018, 10:42 PM

At least their convictions are expressed in a proactive way. Probably more effective than voicing their opinions on a BC Green Forum.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:49 PM

All foreign protesters should be deported, and banned from entering Canada. They should all be charged with every charge that they can make stick, and given the maximum sentence allowed for each charge.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonob1 View Post
At least their convictions are expressed in a proactive way. Probably more effective than voicing their opinions on a BC Green Forum.
You're back again?

You have a curious definition of 'proactive'. Most civilized people choose to call it criminal. That is not how rational law-abiding people behave; if that were remotely acceptable then so would the suggestions proposed regarding how to get them down quickly, as those were all simple and proactive suggestions too. They also would have been much less expensive in respect to the extensive police and emergency services costs. Some would have even solved the recidivism aspect as well, but we're civilized here.

There is a reason that such fundamentalists choose Canada for their activities, its because our legal system is largely toothless, the worst they can expect from our courts is a mediocre gumming. They would not try this in Russia or Saudi Arabia, both of whom have far more dismal environmental records (and as such SHOULD be primary targets for environmental groups), they do not because they do not have the intestinal fortitude to answer to the punishment that those authorities would institute. They only have the guts to go for soft targets and that's pretty much the opposite of bravery, not unlike a robber who only targets cripples and senior citizens.

Foreign protesters should be identified and stopped at the border. I know it has happened and a fair while ago too, back when Kananaskis hosted a G8 Summit in 2002 there were known protester poop-disturbers turned around & sent straight back to the US from the Calgary airport.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:06 AM

Quote:
You're back again?
Yes I'm back.

How things with you? Everything good still between you and Wild Bill?
Old 07-06-2018, 06:22 AM

I'm all for the rule of law, but truly I would see how they swim.

Last edited by sns2; 07-06-2018 at 06:32 AM.
Old 07-06-2018, 10:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
I'm all for the rule of law, but truly I would see how they swim.
Those harnesses and boots would take on some water that's for sure.
Old 07-06-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
I remember a few years back these nut bars tried this in Russia, I think it was to do with whaling or the seal hunt.
They DID NOT get treated as we treat these pieces of human waste, quite the opposite actually.
Made me laugh!
Cat
I laughed as well, when the silly twit was bawling like a child to the media about their treatment. If all authorities treated them like that, there would soon be no protesters.
Old 07-06-2018, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet Ranch View Post
Interesting to read this morning that 3 of the people processed are from Edmonton with the poster boy for anything related to anti oil -- Mike Hudema being on one of the ropes. Just knowing he was hanging there would get my vote for either cutting him loose or leaving him there until he dried out.
Old 07-06-2018, 02:55 PM

Quote:
There is a reason that such fundamentalists choose Canada for their activities, its because our legal system is largely toothless, the worst they can expect from our courts is a mediocre gumming. They would not try this in Russia or Saudi Arabia, both of whom have far more dismal environmental records (and as such SHOULD be primary targets for environmental groups), they do not because they do not have the intestinal fortitude to answer to the punishment that those authorities would institute. They only have the guts to go for soft targets and that's pretty much the opposite of bravery, not unlike a robber who only targets cripples and senior citizens.
You are 100% spot on here.

I support the right to protest, peacefully and in any manner unobstructing.

Clearly these guys not only obstructed traffic and commerce but they also endangered rescuers and first responders.

They should all be charged, and if convicted, do some time. For those who are not citizens, after they are done serving their sentence they can be deported never to return.

As much as emotionally I would have loved the "cut the rope" or play ship mast piniata with these clowns - there are effective ways to deal with this nonsense. We just need to encourage our elected legislators to take action.
Old 07-06-2018, 03:40 PM

What galls me the most is this went on for almost 2 days before anything was done! Authorities should be on this like white on rice right from the get go and not a minute later. Sadly Canada's laws are not enforced in a consistent nor timely manner and we become the laughing stock of the world as a result.
Old 07-06-2018, 05:42 PM

Quote:
What I can't fathom is why the government didn't step in immediately and eliminate the problem. They are too soft of everything in this whole west coast fiasco.....pipelines, now this....get some balls
You can't have balls here, you might offend somebody
Old 07-06-2018, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CritterCommander View Post
What galls me the most is this went on for almost 2 days before anything was done! Authorities should be on this like white on rice right from the get go and not a minute later. Sadly Canada's laws are not enforced in a consistent nor timely manner and we become the laughing stock of the world as a result.
If they were going to leave them this long they should have left them a week or two. Block off the area and restrict their access to food/water and bathroom breaks. I'm sure their stunt would get old quick. It's a shame that the media makes these clowns look like vigilante heroes.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:38 PM

Perhaps an aside, but does the crown have better lawyers than those requiring defense? Tax payers must voice for proper/ better representation. Imagine going after the Roman Catholic church or some other entity.

Some organizations have more money than god, so to speak.