Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-18-2019, 07:38 AM

Default Ordering online for Christmas. THE gong show.

Is anyone else as fed up with this as I am? Can no one get anything done properly? I’ve got two items that have been ordered for weeks that haven’t shipped yet, you order three things from Amazon and they manage to put that into four separate boxes it seems, opened a box from the US yesterday and two of the three items ordered were wrong (stuff the Canadian Government just brutalized me on). And of course in most of these cases there is zero provision to communicate with a human being about it. Wanted hunting equipment for someone that’s being advertised relentlessly on Instagram. No stock. Why are you advertising it then? Well we hope to have it before Christmas. Well it won’t arrive by mail in time. Buy a digital gift certificate then. No thanks. Now it’s off to the big city to fill in the holes. Called around last night to bricks and mortar establishments and even most of the things on their websites are online only.

And we tried to keep it simple this year!

-Billy Molls
Old 12-18-2019, 07:42 AM

I find lots of items are being drop shipped. On amazon I always look at the get it before date and it seems to help. I try to only by from the people that sell through amazon prime even though I am not a prime member. This way amazon has the product and it is really easy to return.
Old 12-18-2019, 07:54 AM
Banned

Ya I chewed Amazon a new 1 a few times. Advertising a product with a 2 day delivery guarantee and it's in stock when I order then doesn't ship for a few days and tell me it's out of stock . Hmmm not likely. Think I'm up to 50$ in Amazon bucks for a few phone calls
Old 12-18-2019, 07:54 AM

I am not having much luck this year either. My Protektor shooting bags were delivered to Burnaby somewhere with a clear shipping label for my correct address in Jasper, my Canpar order from Budget Shooting Supply arrived in Calgary 4 times and processed through the facility 3 times, and a few of my Canada Post orders seemed to have been in limbo for some time with no updates on shipping in 6 days. 'Tis the season I guess!! Merry Christmas all!!!!
But I did get a new rifle delivered in 2 days from Edmonton so that was surprisingly fast!!!

Protect the oppressed even if an enemy, never forgive the traitor especially if he is your friend
Old 12-18-2019, 08:30 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

so far so good...no issues to date.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-18-2019, 08:34 AM

I never stepped foot in a store and ordered all my stuff on Amazon. Didn’t start till last week and everything will be delivered by Friday. Didn’t pay a penny for shipping either. I have a Prime account and it easily pays for itself.
Old 12-18-2019, 08:45 AM

No issues at all, but most of my stuff is prime.
Old 12-18-2019, 08:46 AM
Banned

Hmmm...since 2008 I've amassed 776 Amazon orders. Never once had anything 'never' show up and the times things don't show up on time they always give me a months free Prime.
Did all my Christmas shopping off Amazon and have everything wrapped for two weeks now. If you leave it to the last minute (or week before Christmas) you only have yourself to blame if there are issues.
IMO at least.
Old 12-18-2019, 08:52 AM

My Sitka orders now 2 boxes, shipped by UPS, received a email that said yesterday , now waiting today for the 2 boxes, will see if they will delivery today
Old 12-18-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
I find lots of items are being drop shipped. On amazon I always look at the get it before date and it seems to help. I try to only by from the people that sell through amazon prime even though I am not a prime member. This way amazon has the product and it is really easy to return.
My strategy as well. While, I have never been left hanging, some stuff can take forever coming from a random distributor in the US or China.
Old 12-18-2019, 10:06 AM

This isn’t an Amazon issue.

-Billy Molls
Old 12-18-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
you order three things from Amazon and they manage to put that into four separate boxes it seems,

Then?

Old 12-18-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
you order three things from Amazon and they manage to put that into four separate boxes it seems,

Then?
As much as I like shopping on Amazon I do hate the amount of boxes I receive. A huge box for 1 small item. We don’t have pick-up recycling so I usually have a mountain of broke down boxes in my garage that I have to try and take to the dump, if I can match up the hours they are open to when I’m not working. By the time I get there I usually have a truck box full.
Old 12-18-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbiddy View Post
As much as I like shopping on Amazon I do hate the amount of boxes I receive. A huge box for 1 small item. We don’t have pick-up recycling so I usually have a mountain of broke down boxes in my garage that I have to try and take to the dump, if I can match up the hours they are open to when I’m not working. By the time I get there I usually have a truck box full.
ya but chuck said he had no problem with amazon yet seems he did....confused just a bit...

Old 12-18-2019, 01:15 PM

Quote:

Then?
Amazon is not the only one I mentioned. And I was kidding about the four boxes. I just find it amusing that an entire order fulfilled and shipped by Amazon can come in as many boxes as they do.

Not to mention the street address/PO box nightmare.

-Billy Molls
Old 12-18-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Amazon is not the only one I mentioned. And I was kidding about the four boxes. I just find it amusing that an entire order fulfilled and shipped by Amazon can come in as many boxes as they do.
I wonder if it is because they come from multiple warehouses? Usually when I order from there it says how many different shipments. Regardless I have got lucky as so far and it is just the cheap stuff with cheap shipping that I ordered from aliexpress that is taking forever to come.
Old 12-18-2019, 01:20 PM

Quote:
My mom was complaining about this the other day. Won't ship to her post office address but will to the hospital where she works.
Old 12-18-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:

ahh I see...more boxes the bigger the fire in the burn barrel....had two little boxes put into a huge box...but it got here as advertised so yahooooo

Old 12-18-2019, 01:49 PM

Quote:
ahh I see...more boxes the bigger the fire in the burn barrel....had two little boxes put into a huge box...but it got here as advertised so yahooooo
Just read the original title and post and you will be fine.

-Billy Molls
Old 12-18-2019, 02:26 PM

Quote:
My mom was complaining about this the other day. Won't ship to her post office address but will to the hospital where she works.
We have a Box number and half the stuff won’t ship here. We put our house address on and it will ship. But being in a small town, they just deliver it to the post office anyways. Or they try the house, we’re not home, they drop it at the post office and they just know who’s who and put a parcel card in our box. They also told us to just use the post office address as your home address.
Old 12-18-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
We have a Box number and half the stuff won’t ship here. We put our house address on and it will ship. But being in a small town, they just deliver it to the post office anyways. Or they try the house, we’re not home, they drop it at the post office and they just know who’s who and put a parcel card in our box. They also told us to just use the post office address as your home address.
But they wouldn't deliver to the post office address is the ironic part.
Old 12-18-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
If you live in a small town use the post office street address I lived in Lashburn for a while worked for me.
Old 12-18-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Just read the original title and post and you will be fine.
Ordering online for Christmas. THE gong show.

I have no so called "gong" show...I ordered and it arrived...yup over packaged and have had all the issues you say but lemons make nice tea....xmas frustrations?

'Tis the season....Yahoooo!

Old 12-18-2019, 03:09 PM

Quote:
yup where there is a will there is a way...

Old 12-18-2019, 04:30 PM

We've ordered quite a number of packages from Amazon over the past few months (Prime Membership). By far the worst for losing packages is Canada Post. Out of 6 orders they were supposed to deliver, only 3 showed up. I'm pretty sure it's human error via Community Mail Box outlets. But still....
Old 12-18-2019, 04:54 PM

We do our Christmas shopping all year. We were finished getting all the gifts by Sept this year. Really nice knowing everything will be where it needs to be and no winter rush...man I hate going shopping this time of year.
Old 12-19-2019, 06:38 AM

Ordered a remote start antenna and key off ebay for my brothers superduty. Not Christmas related, but bad time to order it seems. First time ordering off ebay in a couple years. Tracked the package the other day and noticed it had multiple "dangerous goods inspections". Thought that was odd, but obviously the delay in getting the package.

Haven't had an issue with amazon yet, but honestly don't order enough stuff off there to really notice I guess.
Old 12-19-2019, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Seems you have a lot of issues!
Old 12-19-2019, 07:42 AM

Have Used Amazon prime lots over last couple of years, and consider them absolutely reliable and consistent in service. Never had 1 problem with extra ordinary late.

We live in small town Alberta (with a PO Box mail) but winter in Arizona. Summer delivery usually 1 week through Canada Post, winter is 1, 2, or 3 days, usually two. Yes they do overpackage but never damaged goods.

Alway order goods shipped by amazon and even better if supplied and shipped by Amazon.

But mail orders through other sources and especially USA are not very predicable.
And Would not trust delivery by Christmas if shopping in December
Old 12-19-2019, 08:40 AM

I must be lucky even with Canada post....heck I ordered new quad tires and when they got in the lady even helped load them in my truck...I asked if she could install them too...got a smile