Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-08-2016, 08:06 PM

Default 303 brit poblem

have no4 mk1 make in uk with forestock on 2 stage trigger does not funtion with it off and trigger guard installed to the best i can determine the hieght
of the trigger guard at the front where action screw goes it functions the ribs on tigger have not been touched what is problem maybe cat can help me out or others to thanks for your help
Old 07-08-2016, 08:19 PM

Huh?
Old 07-08-2016, 08:23 PM
Banned

Proper punctuation, spelling might help us help you out.

Last edited by lilsundance; 07-08-2016 at 10:06 PM.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas heart shot View Post
have no4 mk1 make in uk with forestock on 2 stage trigger does not funtion with it off and trigger guard installed to the best i can determine the hieght
of the trigger guard at the front where action screw goes it functions the ribs on tigger have not been touched what is problem maybe cat can help me out or others to thanks for your help
It’s a customized 303 it has a set trigger?

Maybe some pictures could help?
Old 07-08-2016, 09:04 PM
Banned

Only grasping at straws from what was posted.

But I do like
Old 07-08-2016, 09:13 PM

Sounds t me like you need a washer under the front guard screws
The wood may be punky and the frame not sitting properly and engages the sear too far?
Cat
Old 07-09-2016, 07:04 AM

Perhaps you are missing the steel pillar/sleeve that is supposed to space the front of the trigger guard away from the receiver? An yes...a pic would greatly help out as suggested..
Old 07-11-2016, 03:07 PM

thanks for your reply Cat and others too.Pillar is there.Tried washer did not help.Gun has been bedded will remove all bedding and maybe that will fix problem.The wood is good
Old 07-11-2016, 03:21 PM

Check out the rear of the forstock near the wrist. If the receiver is sitting too high off the wood from where it would of been prior to bedding then that could be a issue since the trigger is independent from the receiver.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgvande View Post
Check out the rear of the forstock near the wrist. If the receiver is sitting too high off the wood from where it would of been prior to bedding then that could be a issue since the trigger is independent from the receiver.
There is a right and a wrong way to bed a full stocked Enfield, the proper way is called center bedding .
I suspect that the bedding may in fact be the issue, because unless a person is familiar with center bedding, they are likely going to mess stuff up on a full stocked No.4!
Cat
Old 07-11-2016, 07:00 PM

I removed all bedding trigger still not working.It looks like the trigger guard inletting is not deep enough because the rear of trigger guard with forestock removed goes higher than the screw hole in wrist with fore stock on the front of guard has to be lifted to put rear screw in.I hope this makes sense
Old 07-11-2016, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas heart shot View Post
I removed all bedding trigger still not working.It looks like the trigger guard inletting is not deep enough because the rear of trigger guard with forestock removed goes higher than the screw hole in wrist with fore stock on the front of guard has to be lifted to put rear screw in.I hope this makes sense
Can you take a picture of the problem area please?
Cat
Old 07-12-2016, 08:57 AM

Welcome to the wonderful world of stocking an enfield. Not a one day project. Ensure your trigger guard is straight as you could of bent it. Check on a flat surface. Pm me your email. I have some literature that will be helpful.
Old 07-12-2016, 05:00 PM

found the problem trigger rib first stage to high.I found website and it suggested filling down just tad and try it works prefect now average trigger pull 10 times first stage 3 lbs 4 oz second stage 5 lbs 2 oz.Thanks for every ones help.The website was accurizing the lee.cc
Old 07-12-2016, 05:20 PM

A three pound first stage??
That's pretty danged heavy.
Cat