Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-26-2010, 09:03 PM

Default Sylvan Lake Whitefish report needed Plz!

I am taking my 4 nephews and niece out to Sylvan lake for the first time ice fishing tomorrow and I really want to target some white as I think they would have more fun reeling in a lot of those than just a couple pike.

Does anyone have a good place to and what depth has been working for them? I was thinking about setting up a bunch of rods with wireworms. From what i heard they are fished still and only jigged once every minute or so.

If anyone can give me any tips or tricks for this lake it would be greatly appreacited and make me look like an awesome uncle, ha ha. Thanks!
Old 12-26-2010, 09:19 PM

i was thinking of going tomorrow as well, taking my sister who has never been ice fishing. ive never fished sylvan before, hoping someone posts some info. thanks
Old 12-26-2010, 09:26 PM

i jig every second lol never quit jigging for whites because there attracted my movemnt i havent yet caught a white dead sticking. for wire worm colors i use red and pink or copper in about 15 feet of water. jig near the bottom too.and pike use smelts on a tipup .and places to fish just outside of marina bay is just fine
Old 12-26-2010, 09:52 PM

We were out there today, take Range road 23 north from highway 11A to access the lake. Caught several walleye, pike but no whitefish. Friends next to us 20 yards away limited out on whites. Good luck with minnow jigs, wire worms. 8-10 feet of water, 16-18 inchs of ice.