Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-21-2017, 12:41 PM

Default Southern Reservoir Burbot Spawn

Just curious if anyone knows whether the Burbot have started their spawn in the southern reservoirs?

I visited CVR on Thursday night Feb 16th from 6 until 10pm and only had 1 walleye on. Fished about 10 feet of water. Saw an insane amount of freshwater shrimp on camera and a fair number of little ciscos/tullibees. But nothing else otherwise.

Coords were 50 51.833 N and 112 22.919 W

I'm thinking I was either fishing in the wrong location, wrong time of day or wrong day period. Tips appreciated, no honey holes wanted. If you can share a more general area (eg, southwest corner) I'd appreciate it, but perhaps send a PM instead of posting publicly.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:06 PM

Somewhere around there was my honey hole last year at the end of January. just past the weed bed should be 15-20fow thats where I got them.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancedan View Post
Somewhere around there was my honey hole last year at the end of January. just past the weed bed should be 15-20fow thats where I got them.
Haha, yea. I was actually trying to use info from your thread last year to find the Burbot. Thing is you went in January so I'm thinking their patterns might change in February. Supposedly they come shallower before and during spawn, but I'm still trying to learn and there's lots of conflicting information.

I didn't see any weed bed. Just the occasional random small weed. Did see a beer can though! Guessing I'm probably not deep enough to see the weeds. Gonna try again Friday if I can spare the time.