Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 11-05-2014, 11:24 PM

Default Any Coyote Buyer or Skinner West of Edmonton?

A friend of mine is in need of someone to either buy his coyotes in the round, or do custom skinning. I process my own, but don't have the time to do anyone else's hides...thus the request. He's in Spruce Grove, so someone in the Spruce Grove - Stony Plain area would be ideal. If you know of someone, shoot me a PM, please.

triggerpress
Old 11-06-2014, 08:19 AM

I'd love to have someone put mine up as well. I could catch a lot more if I had the time instead of skinning and fleshing them.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:28 AM

Check the Hutterite colony's there's usually some one that will put them up and some even have fur buyers license. There's also a fellow out of Westlock that teaches the trappers course for ATA that buys whole or custom skins
Old 11-06-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerpress View Post
A friend of mine is in need of someone to either buy his coyotes in the round, or do custom skinning. I process my own, but don't have the time to do anyone else's hides...thus the request. He's in Spruce Grove, so someone in the Spruce Grove - Stony Plain area would be ideal. If you know of someone, shoot me a PM, please.

triggerpress
I know a guy on the morinville colony I could get you his info if you want.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose maniac View Post
I know a guy on the morinville colony I could get you his info if you want.
If you are thinking of Jackie Wurz, I talked to him last season and he told me that he didn't have time to put anyone's furs up for them and he stopped doing it. He might buy whole dogs though, I didn't ask him that.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
If you are thinking of Jackie Wurz, I talked to him last season and he told me that he didn't have time to put anyone's furs up for them and he stopped doing it. He might buy whole dogs though, I didn't ask him that.
Jackie does 3000-5000 beaver a year already, pretty sure he won't do others coyotes as well but you never know. He is amazing seen him skin,flesh and board a beaver in 10 min. That's nailing every 3/4" too. The guy is a master! They don't get any better.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
I guess it depends how well you know him dave
Old 11-07-2014, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerpress View Post

triggerpress
I had some done by a fellow name Josh and he did a great job. He is a hutterite west of Edmonton and no such thing as too many. 780-242-6368
Old 11-07-2014, 10:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose maniac View Post
I guess it depends how well you know him dave
Yeah, that could be. That day he wasn't at all interested in taking on new customers though. He was nice enough to have a look at my coyote pelts and give me some advice though. He seems like a pretty good guy.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by husky hunter View Post
I had some done by a fellow name Josh and he did a great job. He is a hutterite west of Edmonton and no such thing as too many. 780-242-6368
PS Jackie is his uncle....they are all good fur handlers.........