Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-16-2017, 03:10 PM

Question Pigeon Lake Question

Hi,

I'm planning to head to Pigeon this weekend. Did not won the draw on Walleye tags, so have to settle with Class C. Which entrance PP or Mulhurst or other place is best for small Walleyes? Thanks in advance!
Old 02-16-2017, 05:00 PM
Banned

It's kinda a mess to get on the lake. It has been very warm here for the past 2 days
Old 02-16-2017, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophybook View Post
It's kinda a mess to get on the lake. It has been very warm here for the past 2 days
Have people still been driving on? I'm looking to get out to pigeon here soon aswell
Old 02-16-2017, 08:20 PM

I drove on it yesterday across the whole lake from Mulhurst to Grandview and back.Ice is 30 inches thick in all places I drilled.There is a massive ice heave from the north west corner of Mulhurst completely across the lake to Crystal springs /Grandview and there is no crossing it.The floodwater was alot on west side.The east side has more snow and is a little tough to drive in spots but easy enough to navigate around.The fishing is ok at dusk and dawn for wallys and slow during midday but caught the northerns then .The weather was great and thanks to some pointers from a Fantastic forum member we managed to hook up on some nice walleyes-all class A but thats fine with me.Good luck to all heading out this weekend and be safe out there.Ice cleats on the boots will be a good choice.
Old 02-19-2017, 04:58 PM

Default Access to Grandview

Is there an easier way (than driving across the lake) to access the ice east of the ice heave at Grandview? If you use the access at Grandview you are boxed in shallow water because of the ice heaves. I was at Pigeon on Saturday and talked to a few guys and no one had a solution so we fished at the Provincial Campground. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 02-20-2017, 06:55 AM

Any new updates from Saturday or Sunday on Pigeon Lake ice conditions and Ice heave

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 02-20-2017, 09:28 AM
Banned

Seen on the news a white Yukon dropped the front of it at the Ice heave somewhere.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
Any new updates from Saturday or Sunday on Pigeon Lake ice conditions and Ice heave

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Ice is in great condition. Stay away from the heaves but you also have to since they have been pushed up 6-7 feet in most places. Makes traveling far a challenge. Otherwise the ice on Pigeon is better than all the other central likes I've fished this year. Have at it