Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 11-09-2014, 06:51 PM
Banned

Default Stupid is Thinking You Are Smart Little Critter! I Win!

It amazes me how so many lessons in trapping mirror the same in people.

All us trappers know how smart our prey can be OR STUPID THEY ARE!! Same with people.

You think you set the perfect trap with bait in place and the little bugger strips you of the bate leaving you wondering what you did wrong.

I've learned a little trick when you come across a critter or person who thinks they are smarter than you are......you set a false trap!

I nearby placed trap with an easily achieved bate to give the little critter confidence, and a similarily not so easily achieved bate nails him every time!

Same with people. Give them an easy, confidence building thing in life and then a similar goal with your real agenda, and they will take it everytime!

Happy trapping the stupid ones who think they are smarter than you!
Old 11-09-2014, 07:20 PM
Banned

Nice sentiment. Nice first post.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:08 PM

Smile

Well, his stay was a short one!

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!

Old 11-10-2014, 08:21 PM
Banned

I miss him already. his 2nd post must have been even classier and more compassionate then his first.
I sometimes feel sorry for the people who have to moderate the AO forums.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:54 PM

Well for the most part this forum is pretty helpful and everyone gets along. Some different opinions are usually sorted out. Why guys want to stir things up is beyond me. The tips and tricks are so valuable most folks are pretty helpful. I enjoy the stories and the pics. Great forum. Good group of trappers. My friend turned me on to this site and now I am so addicted. I check it most days. Thanks guys
Old 11-10-2014, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill9044 View Post
Well for the most part this forum is pretty helpful and everyone gets along. Some different opinions are usually sorted out. Why guys want to stir things up is beyond me. The tips and tricks are so valuable most folks are pretty helpful. I enjoy the stories and the pics. Great forum. Good group of trappers. My friend turned me on to this site and now I am so addicted. I check it most days. Thanks guys
x2 on that one
Old 11-11-2014, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill9044 View Post
Oops. My bad.