Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-09-2020, 11:01 PM

This article seems to contradict the original link I read, the original noted a witness describing the "as soon as she went to detain him, he kind of like uppercutted her", where the article I've linked mentions a male officer. Perhaps the error is an assumption of the author, considering they weren't quoting anyone?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...?ocid=msedgntp
Old 07-09-2020, 11:48 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Yes the eye witness says she....another article says he.....eitherway a brutal assault on a RCMP officer happened by a scum bag.....hope tuff guy gets a haul in the big house with some seriously hardened scum bags....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-10-2020, 12:12 AM
Banned

I wonder what would happen to a guy that happened to have a rifle in his truck and shot him as he was beating the Officer with the baton?

I’m not big on bravado but with my background I don’t think that i’d Be able to just stand there and watch without intervening one way or the other. I don’t think that i’d Be able to just do nothing. If I did and the Officer were killed it would haunt me forever and it’d be hard to live with myself.
Old 07-10-2020, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
I wonder what would happen to a guy that happened to have a rifle in his truck and shot him as he was beating the Officer with the baton?

I’m not big on bravado but with my background I don’t think that i’d Be able to just stand there and watch without intervening one way or the other. I don’t think that i’d Be able to just do nothing. If I did and the Officer were killed it would haunt me forever and it’d be hard to live with myself.
No kidding hey Dave?

They appreciate help. I would help as long as I am able.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 07-10-2020, 02:31 AM

Quote:

I once pulled over and ran to assist an officer to subdue a combative suspect. I pulled over, ran to them and asked the officer if I could help before I jumped in; he was down with it. They were wrestling in the middle of a 4 lane street just down the hill from SAIT (10th St, prior to bike lanes)

With an armed suspect such as in the example that changes things, but then again in my usual ride there's never a shortage of pipes & wrenches and such.

If the bad guy had a firearm that would sure change things, but short of that I think I'd assist as I've run towards danger previously more than a few times.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 07-10-2020 at 02:47 AM.
Old 07-10-2020, 05:46 AM

I wonder if it had been a White Male....I bet the media would have cared, especially IF he was a gunowner.
Old 07-10-2020, 05:55 AM

Quote:

Yup.....or the old ford would have had a serious dent in the front end....

Old 07-10-2020, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
You have to wonder how accurate the reporting is when the article features a photo of toy handcuffs. You can clearly see the release lever on left side of the cuffs.
Those are obviously Assault Handcuffs, the most dangerous kinds. Probably out of the reporters sex toy stash.

Grizz
Old 07-10-2020, 06:12 AM

Default 44-year-old man arrested after RCMP officer beat with own baton in Cold Lake, Alta.

This guy was also arrested in November for leaving the scene of an accident and then again in February for theft from a liquor store and now this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-10-2020, 06:29 AM

Would it be Sexist to point out it was woman.

Grizz
Old 07-10-2020, 06:40 AM

If it was a smaller woman officer, then this is a good reason why there should be stricter physical qualifications for police officers. Dropping the physical standards to become more inclusive not only puts the officers at risk, but the public as well. And it is also likely more tempting for a suspect to resist, if the officer is smaller, and not as physically imposing.
Old 07-10-2020, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
Can you confirm the name/post link/PM/etc ?
If this is his name, he is no FN/native.
According to the news...
https://edmontonjournal.com/news/cri...-95344bd813be/

There are some bad hombres up in that neck of the woods.

Last edited by Penner; 07-10-2020 at 07:21 AM.
Old 07-10-2020, 07:16 AM

How come the PM or Greta has not commented on this case. Another case were the criminal didn’t listen and got the upper hand. Just a glimpse into the world that police have to deal with and shows why they some times have to use violence to gain control of a situation. If this guy faced both or probably one of the big RCMP officers from the chief Allen arrest the beating more then likely would have been on the looser criminal. But then the phones would have been out and the cops would be the bad guy.
Old 07-10-2020, 07:21 AM

From Nov 15, 2019
https://www.lakelandtoday.ca/bonnyvi...rcmp-2-1911886

A trail left by the suspect of a single-vehicle collision led Bonnyville RCMP to the culprit.

Travis Slipchuk, 44, was arrested and charged by RCMP following a single-vehicle collision on Nov. 11 where he fled the scene on foot.

It was 1:12 a.m. when police were dispatched.

Officers followed the footprints left in the snow by Slipchuk to a nearby residence, and after obtaining a warrant, entered the house to make their arrest.

Slipchuk is currently facing charges of operation of a motor vehicle while prohibited, six counts of failing to comply with a probation order, unauthorized possession of a firearm or prohibited weapon, weapons possession contrary to an order or fail to surrender authorization, failing to remain at the scene of a collision, operating a motor vehicle without certificate of registration, and transporting liquor in an open container.

From Feb 14, 2020
https://www.lakelandtoday.ca/bonnyvi...to-atv-2094098

Caught on video

A Bonnyville liquor store contacted RCMP on Feb. 10 following a theft.

Police attended and identified the suspect through video footage as 44-year-old Travis Slipchuk.

He was located and arrested for theft. Slipchuk was also wanted on warrants and breaches at the time.

Slipchuk has been remanded and will remain in jail until his next court appearance on March 5.
Old 07-10-2020, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Those are obviously Assault Handcuffs, the most dangerous kinds. Probably out of the reporters sex toy stash.

Grizz
I think those ones come with fun fur attached or so Im told anyways.....

We used to call those Canadian Cuffs because the criminals could release themselves when ever they wanted to.......

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 07-10-2020, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penner View Post
According to the news...
https://edmontonjournal.com/news/cri...-95344bd813be/

There are some bad hombres up in that neck of the woods.
This article sure sounds different than the first one. I wish the news were held to higher standards. Get the sex of the officer right. How hard is that to do with a little digging?
Old 07-10-2020, 09:08 AM

Coverage at 4:18 showing the idiot being pursued.

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/video?binId=1.2122241
Old 07-10-2020, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Would it be Sexist to point out it was woman.

Grizz
no it would be deemed idiotic...this was a horrible assualt on a police officer by a waste of skin...look at his track record....not a law abiding citizen by any means....

Old 07-10-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guysmiley View Post
This article sure sounds different than the first one. I wish the news were held to higher standards. Get the sex of the officer right. How hard is that to do with a little digging?
all in a rush to beat the other yet they put crap out which lowers their level of integrity....I would sooner be a little late to the show but be accurate then completely out to lunch.....at the end of the day hope the best for the officer and well we will wait and see what this scum bag gets....

Old 07-10-2020, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
A childhood friends Dad was a Calgary Police officer back in the early '60's and he noted that the toughest fight he ever had was with a one-armed indigenous fellow, its hard when you've trained to grab a limb that isn't there!
He won all of his fights without backup, single-handedly.