Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-14-2018, 11:17 AM

Default Seek outside vs stone glacier

I have been fortunate enough to become a NWT resident and i am planning a ram hunt in the coming years in the Mackenzie mountains. I have narrowed my pack choices down to these two brands leaning towards the stone glacier sky 7900.

Before i drop a grand (thanks for the ****ty dollar trudeau) just curious if anyone has had any issues with either brand or has something enlightening to tell me about.

Lee
Old 11-14-2018, 11:52 AM

Nothing enlightening here. But my next pack is definitely a stone glacier. Just gotta re-mortgage and sell some stuff first.
Old 11-14-2018, 11:58 AM

Default sky archer

hi
I have an older sky archer 5900. I think it is 6200 now. Rifle sling spotting scope bag and dry bag is all you should need. Have done many multi day sheep hunts as well as many single day hunts. It is very versatile and rock solid! Carried 100lb. load last year and pack felt rigid and secure. as comfortable as 100lbs could be.
Good luck with your choice and enjoy your northern hunting!
Old 11-14-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
Nothing enlightening here. But my next pack is definitely a stone glacier. Just gotta re-mortgage and sell some stuff first.
I know. Taking all my gifts this year as cash so that i can buy a good bag. Bought a Badlands ox and it is way to heavy to pack around for 10 days
Old 11-14-2018, 03:12 PM

I've been using a early SO Evolution for a number of years and don't see myself making any changes until I wear the pack out. Then it will be a new Revolution 6300. Very comfortable packs under load and the waterproof XPac fabric is something I've really grown to appreciate.

I have no long-term feedback on SG packs, having only handled or tried them on briefly.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:56 PM

I bought a stone glacier pack 3 years ago - best pack I have ever owned. You cannot go wrong. Well worth the price when compared to others I tried in the same price range.

Good luck
Old 11-14-2018, 09:51 PM

Purchased the Stone Glacier Sky Talus 6900 this year. This pack is well made and is as comfortable as a pack can be with 90 + lbs in it. The customer service is amazing as well! I have owned the Outdoorsmans pack, Kifaru (older model), Mystery Ranch and a number of others. Most of these are very good packs IMO but the best fit for me has been the Stone Glacier. Fit and finish is impressive.