Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-18-2018, 03:51 PM

Default New barrel by KS Arms

This started out as a butt ugly Sako 75 stainless synthetic rifle in 300 Win Mag with a brake on it that someone did a hack job installing. Since I hate brakes and have no use for a 300 win mag I took the gun to KS Arms in Edmonton. Had a new KS fluted barrel in 340 Weatherby Mag installed. Turn around time was under 2 months and workmanship was excellent. I tweaked the trigger to 2lbs, shortened the stock, added a limbsaver and painted the stock. Took it out this past weekend, and after a few break in shots and cleanings, pulled off this tiny little group with my 5th batch of test loads. All in all I can't say enough about the service and cost from KS Arms.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Last edited by leo; 06-18-2018 at 03:59 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 03:57 PM

Yeah, Karl is an upfront fellow. I love the work they do and the products they sell (I have one of his actions in a custom build). I had the pleasure of shooting with him a few weeks back. I marvelled at the three "made from the ground" up rifles that he had. And the stories he told.

(He's also a very funny guy.)

Last edited by 6MT; 06-18-2018 at 04:05 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:34 PM

Mike and Karl are stand up guys. i had them take a 270ai another smith built me that i was not happy with and turned it into a 270 wby that i couldn't be happier with. I just dropped off an A7 today thats going to become a 264 win mag, in one of their wildcat stocks. Should finish up just over 7 pounds scoped.

I've only heard one story of one of their customers being unhappy with their work and countless guys that have been very happy.

I would not hesitate to take more stuff to them, and will recommend their services to anyone looking to have gunsmith work done
Old 06-18-2018, 06:07 PM

Leo, it couldn't have happened to a better guy!

It is also nice to hear positive stories about local businesses doing outstanding work.

I can see a world of hurt in the next moose that steps into your crosshairs!!!
Old 06-18-2018, 06:15 PM

Both guys are really good craftsmen and also nice guys,

their stuff is top notch as well

Cement Bench
Old 06-18-2018, 08:55 PM

I like my KS Arms 257 wby. Seems like their barrels are fast as I’m getting 3505 with a 110 accubonds with 1gr below max, roughly 100 FPS faster than the Nosler loading manual.