Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-28-2012, 07:38 PM

Default Anyone in need?

Getting all the open water gear ready for the season and have too many trout rods. So I have decided to put together a little package for someone that might not normally get the chance to buy their own. So if you know of someone that could use a hand up. A child or just someone that could use a hand up please let me know. I will provide a rod and reel, net, and a box of lures and such consisting of some of my own and some generously donated by BBJ Fishing Adventures. Will toss in a box of flies as well. So again please let me know if you have a deserving party in mind.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 03-28-2012, 07:55 PM
Banned

great idea J, very kind of you & BBJ . hope the tackle gets to a kid/ person that will use and appreciate your kindness. well done. think I will see what I can do in the too much stuff department myself.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:56 PM

Very nice Jt!

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 03-28-2012, 07:58 PM

Great idea, hope it goes to a good youngster or someone that can really use a leg up.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Banned

Good on ya! Good to help people out.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:21 PM

Nice gesture Jeff and BBJ.

Hopefully it gets a youngster hooked on the sport.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:29 PM

May Karma reward you kindly!

Cheers.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:04 PM

paying it forward great way to start the season.

Last edited by crosman177; 03-28-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:11 PM

Thumbs up

Nicely done, Jeff & John!
Old 03-28-2012, 09:12 PM

class act, good on you!
Old 03-28-2012, 09:19 PM

Good Job you are a class act.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:20 PM

This is a great idea.

I was gifted a large fly tying set by an elderly friend before he passed on. I will tell you this box of flying tying equipment has gotten me hooked on fly fishing. Now I haven't caught a fish on a fly yet, but I can't wait till it happens this season (bought my reel two days ago ).

I know from my personal experience these pay-it-forward tactics truly work, and great on you guys for doing this.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:33 AM

I will also add to this by offering up a 12 foot fibreglass boat. Transom needs a little work but it is a good little boat. I will not give this to just anyone As the orginal title states SOMEONE IN NEED.

Andy
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 03-31-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts1 View Post
Getting all the open water gear ready for the season and have too many trout rods. So I have decided to put together a little package for someone that might not normally get the chance to buy their own. So if you know of someone that could use a hand up. A child or just someone that could use a hand up please let me know. I will provide a rod and reel, net, and a box of lures and such consisting of some of my own and some generously donated by BBJ Fishing Adventures. Will toss in a box of flies as well. So again please let me know if you have a deserving party in mind.

p.m. sent.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:45 AM

Good stuff guys!
Old 03-31-2012, 09:52 AM

Orv we will need to get together. I am off next week and will provide you with some gear for your friend. But as well I recieved a pm that tuched my heart. So gprime I will be giving you a full set up for your suggestion. I am sure it will put a smile on his face. I received more pm's but only have so much gear. So if I did not mention you I am sry. But have an idea brewing that I think my fellow anglers can help out with. Stay tuned.

Old 03-31-2012, 09:54 AM

He doesn't come on here so it's ok JTS But, he could really use it. He was here this morning talking about going fishing and wishing he could get some gear. Poor guy. I wish I could help him out more but, this gift will really lift his spirits
Old 03-31-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprime27 View Post
He doesn't come on here so it's ok JTS But, he could really use it. He was here this morning talking about going fishing and wishing he could get some gear. Poor guy. I wish I could help him out more but, this gift will really lift his spirits

I'm gonna buy him his license tomorrow
Old 03-31-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Orv we will need to get together. I am off next week and will provide you with some gear for your friend. But as well I recieved a pm that tuched my heart. So gprime I will be giving you a full set up for your suggestion. I am sure it will put a smile on his face. I received more pm's but only have so much gear. So if I did not mention you I am sry. But have an idea brewing that I think my fellow anglers can help out with. Stay tuned.
thanks jeff! i am sure he will be thrilled as well.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:24 AM

Default much appreciated!

Thank you so much DAD!!!!! Papa Orv sure does know how to take care of his kids!!!! Big thanks to you as well Jeff! I know exactly who is going to receive your gift! He will be absolutely thrilled!!! Much to my daughters dismay and her lack of interest in fishing, my soon to be son in law went fishing with us once and was immediately hooked! This young man is all too familiar with giving but not so much with receiving. This generous gift will most definately be appreciated!! And now he can keep his little meat hooks out of my tackle!!! Roach no longer has to do inventory control!!!
Old 03-31-2012, 03:39 PM

True spirit of sportsmen shining through. Well done guys for taking generosity to a new level.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:41 PM
Banned

Awesome gesture, giving can truly be rewarding, perhaps theres a way to put together a few starter kits for some deserving people both young and old, errrrr not so young, i know i have a few things i would love to see someone enjoying and putting to use, that swap meet idea from another thread could possibly provide an opportunity for those interested to put some kits together, however i'm not sure how to organise such an event, sounds like a job for chubbs...haha sorry chubbs...haha
Old 03-31-2012, 06:42 PM

JTS - this is yet another example how we come together - or go solo - to help people out on this site. Generosity is always repaid with good karma... trout season is creeping up on us... this years about to explode
Old 03-31-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconWilly View Post
Awesome gesture, giving can truly be rewarding, perhaps theres a way to put together a few starter kits for some deserving people both young and old, errrrr not so young, i know i have a few things i would love to see someone enjoying and putting to use, that swap meet idea from another thread could possibly provide an opportunity for those interested to put some kits together, however i'm not sure how to organise such an event, sounds like a job for chubbs...haha sorry chubbs...haha

First, good on everyone who is offering a helping hand to fellow fisherman, especially the young fisherman.

Second, ReconWilly I have thought about starting a Tackle Bank for young needy anglers. People and Tackle companies could donate to one location for appropriate distribution. It would be a powerful tool to connect with young needy fisherman. A big brother fisherman organization could also be included to give young fisherman instrution on the water.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
First, good on everyone who is offering a helping hand to fellow fisherman, especially the young fisherman.

Second, ReconWilly I have thought about starting a Tackle Bank for young needy anglers. People and Tackle companies could donate to one location for appropriate distribution. It would be a powerful tool to connect with young needy fisherman. A big brother fisherman organization could also be included to give young fisherman instrution on the water.

Just what I was thinking. Would be into this 100%.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Just what I was thinking. Would be into this 100%.
Good on you, Get er done you'll get alot of support from members here
Old 03-31-2012, 09:55 PM

Theres a few people im willing to help out

# 1 Kids
# 2 Single familys where mom is the one supporting it
# 3 Seniors and the Elderly .

Chubdarter if you need anything let me know . Heck Even to get a group of kids out day fishing with there mom or Grandpa or something Id do that to just name the day and time Ill be there .
Old 03-31-2012, 09:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
You're a good man Chubb, never cease to amaze.

I'd definitely be into something like that as well.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:21 AM
Banned

Quote:

Count me in chubbs!! just let me know how i can help, and a sincere apology for the diserving nomination, it seems you'd be a good fit to take the lead and i would humbly follow you to such an end.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:56 AM

Good to see! This is exactly how we get more people into fishing/outdoor sports.