Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-20-2011, 05:17 PM

Default Hunting Mules

Hi

I am going on a mule hunt. This year I got the draw from a mule buck and doe. The area is mostly farm land and I am planning on hunting from a ground blind using a rifle. I need some help on choosing a scent eliminator. I am also wondering if a doe scent will bring in mule bucks? What doe scent is good for mule bucks? Also should I be rattling or using some other call? I need some advise on what my hunting strategy should be. I already have permission from farmers. Thanks

p.s. I will be hunting during rut season.

Last edited by joe.marcus; 10-20-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:28 PM

Are you bow hunting or rifle?
Talk to CO in that area and ask which farmers are have issues with them(mulies) ..then go get a county Map and go ask permission and if they have any mulies they would like thinned ,be courteous even when you get the wrong door and thank them for their time..if they are friendly then they will show you what farmers have issues and where you can hunt etc

Good luck

Food for Thought
David
Old 10-20-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe.marcus View Post
Hi

I am going on a mule hunt in Alberta. This year I got the draw from a mule buck and doe. The area is mostly farm land and I am planning on hunting from a ground blind. I need some help on choosing a scent eliminator. I am also wondering if a doe scent will bring in mule bucks? What doe scent is good for mule bucks? Also should I be rattling or using some other call? I need some advise on what my hunting strategy should be. Thanks

It all depends on where you are hunting. You might not even need to call or rattle or any of that stuff depending on the lay of the land, especially if you are rifle hunting.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe.marcus View Post
Hi

I am going on a mule hunt in Alberta. This year I got the draw from a mule buck and doe. The area is mostly farm land and I am planning on hunting from a ground blind. I need some help on choosing a scent eliminator. I am also wondering if a doe scent will bring in mule bucks? What doe scent is good for mule bucks? Also should I be rattling or using some other call? I need some advise on what my hunting strategy should be. Thanks

Were are you from??? Have you even hunted??? Sorry this post does not seem rite.

Tags
hunting, mule