Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-20-2024, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Why do people keep referencing bible? I don’t get it. I mean, sure, we all believe whatever it is we do and that’s fine, but that’s not how it works, neither should it.
May be just to trace the historical events that nobody remembered anymore….Just my guess…That actually isn’t a bad book at all….
Old 03-20-2024, 01:41 PM

Default So many things I could say

Quote:
Why do people keep referencing bible? I don’t get it. I mean, sure, we all believe whatever it is we do and that’s fine, but that’s not how it works, neither should it.
How do you separate God,the Jews and Jerusalem? You can't but the world and The Anti-Christ will try. They will hate you [Christians] because they hated me first. {Christ} This is why the world is so Anti-Israel ....they hate God.
Old 03-20-2024, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Maybe a bit of lite reading "Revelations" will answer your questions. You might want to read it more then once.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 03-20-2024, 04:41 PM

Quote:
If you realized how miraculous the recreation of Israel in our lifetime truly is, you would be more interested.

You know I think you are a great guy, so know that I am not being preachy nor derogatory. For one who really truly is a follower of the God of the Bible, it impacts your worldview to a very real extent, such that it becomes the focal lense through which one views many significant world events, including Israel’s current state of affairs.

It’s more accurate than Fox or CNN

So in certain things it’s kinda impossible to switch your worldview off for a soundbyte, surface level discussion of a really tragic and important event ( Oct 7th ).

There are lots of us on the forum, so in a Biblically loaded optic like this one, Israel’s right to exist as a nation, and defend her sovereignty, it’s not all surprising that someone would add a scripture reference to quantify their beliefs.

Googling them and reading them in context may prove an interesting way to gain an understanding of where guys are coming from.

Have a good one!

Last edited by sns2; 03-20-2024 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-20-2024, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
If you realized how miraculous the recreation of Israel in our lifetime truly is, you would be more interested.

You know I think you are a great guy, so know that I am not being preachy nor derogatory. For one who really truly is a follower of the God of the Bible, it impacts your worldview to a very real extent, such that it becomes the focal lense through which one views many significant world events, including Israel’s current state of affairs.

It’s more accurate than Fox or CNN

So in certain things it’s kinda impossible to switch your worldview off for a soundbyte, surface level discussion of a really tragic and important event ( Oct 7th ).

There are lots of us on the forum, so in a Biblically loaded optic like this one, Israel’s right to exist as a nation, and defend her sovereignty, it’s not all surprising that someone would add a scripture reference to quantify their beliefs.

Googling them and reading them in context may prove an interesting way to gain an understanding of where guys are coming from.

Have a good one!

So you are looking at this from a Christian viewpoint, there are at least as many Moslems with a different perspective who are willing to use violence to further theirs. That's a problem.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 03-20-2024, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
So you are looking at this from a Christian viewpoint, there are at least as many Moslems with a different perspective who are willing to use violence to further theirs. That's a problem.
Would it help if I converted to Islam?
Old 03-20-2024, 06:42 PM

Well boys. This right here is why we have this rule on AO. Whenever “religion” enters the conversation the dumpster fire begins.

- Any topics/posts or discussion that includes race, ethnic groups, religion or sexual orientation are NOT acceptable and can result in a loss of message board privileges not excluding permanently. This is NOT the forum for such discussions.
Old 03-20-2024, 07:00 PM

I am not religious, I look at the facts, that being that Hamas raped and murdered women and children and kidnapped people from Israel. To me, that gives Israel
the right to hunt down Hamas, and free any hostages still alive. Gaza elected Hamas to represent them, so any collateral damage from hunting down Hamas, is a result of Gaza choosing Hamas to represent them.
Old 03-20-2024, 07:46 PM

It must be truly the most miserable way to live on both sides hating the other and both sides wanting to exterminate the other. No end to this because the children grow up in this. Been going on for thousands of years and no end in site.
I'm on side with Israel because Hama's attacked them but you can't kill your way to peace.
I pity both sides.
As a xxxxxtian I dont feel any need to occupy or even visit the area. Its not worth it.

Last edited by W921; 03-20-2024 at 08:04 PM.
Old 03-20-2024, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Would it help if I converted to Islam?
Would you have the dedication it takes ? It's a full time job.

Old 03-20-2024, 09:46 PM

Enough already. I'm starting to feel icky. Time for you boys to step off the soapbox.
Old 03-20-2024, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
It must be truly the most miserable way to live on both sides hating the other and both sides wanting to exterminate the other. No end to this because the children grow up in this. Been going on for thousands of years and no end in site.
I'm on side with Israel because Hama's attacked them but you can't kill your way to peace.
I pity both sides.
As a xxxxxtian I dont feel any need to occupy or even visit the area. Its not worth it.
I don’t believe the Israelis hate the Palestinians. They have good relations with Egypt for example whom they had to fight with in the past. Israel has attempted many times to end the fight with Palestine. It is Palestine that is filled with hate and needs to be eradicated.

EDIT: Sorry, maybe Palestine should be replaced with HAMAS above.
Old 03-31-2024, 03:34 PM

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/pr...surface-794469

Looks like Hamas is trying to stir stuff up in Jordan.

Can’t see it going well for them.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 03-31-2024, 03:40 PM

Palestinians are rabble rousers!! Doesn't matter where they go they raise hell! If they don't have somebody to fight with they fight each other!!!

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video...vxs.mp4?tag=12
Old 03-31-2024, 03:47 PM

When will the deniers in the western world realize that there's only way the Palestinians want this to end?
Old 03-31-2024, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
When will the deniers in the western world realize that there's only way the Palestinians want this to end?
About the same time they figure out a carbon tax won't work.

Old 03-31-2024, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
Not that are agree with them but really when you look at the cluster “ insert word of choice” the history of that area has is it really a surprise

There is going to be issues between the Palestinians and Israeli people in that area as long as the two exist.
Old 03-31-2024, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/pr...surface-794469

Looks like Hamas is trying to stir stuff up in Jordan.

Can’t see it going well for them.
The king of Jordan will kick their arses just like before. He wouldn’t take chance of losing his monarchy. The military is just watching them closely and getting ready to spill blood.
Old 03-31-2024, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
The king of Jordan will kick their arses just like before. He wouldn’t take chance of losing his monarchy. The military is just watching them closely and getting ready to spill blood.
The Muslim brotherhood is bad news wherever it surfaces. the Egyptians did likewise when they tried to flex their muscles and banned the party.

Old 03-31-2024, 09:22 PM

They know way better than we do here in the west what Muslims brotherhood is all about. Jordan won’t go without a fight and I hope it will be bloody!
Old 03-31-2024, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I am not religious, I look at the facts, that being that Hamas raped and murdered women and children and kidnapped people from Israel. To me, that gives Israel
the right to hunt down Hamas, and free any hostages still alive. Gaza elected Hamas to represent them, so any collateral damage from hunting down Hamas, is a result of Gaza choosing Hamas to represent them.
Totally agree!
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 04-01-2024, 04:58 PM

As of today, 600 IDF soldiers lost their lives. Some of them who were killed on October 7 attack, their bodies have been abducted by the terrorists….