Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

View Poll Results: Should handgun hunting be permitted?
yes, unrestricted. 120 51.50%
yes, but with special testing requirements. 51 21.89%
yes, but only for grouse. 1 0.43%
yes, but within it's own season. 14 6.01%
yes, but within the primitive season 9 3.86%
yes, but only for grouse. 0 0%
no. never. 35 15.02%
undecided. 11 4.72%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billie View Post
I know that many will act responsibly.

There will also be those that don’t.

I have heard the volley of lead in the distance and I know that a herd of elk in running flat out. Like the BOOM-BOOM…BOOM-BOOM-BOOM…BOOM…BOOM (Yes 7) shots from 300yds behind me at a herd I was closing on at 600yds ( I’m not against the distance if it was a single clean shot, and no, nothing died). Now we want to put handguns in these same hands.

To me, there’s a need to continually promote clean legal kills (ethical if I may) through the hunting regulations. So why should we allow handguns to hunt given this typical scenario above? (Then add the ones that can’t control the muzzle of a 3’ gun so now they wave around a short barrel). I don’t care about the talented gun owners, no problem there, but why do the talented gun owners HAVE to hunt with their handguns? Yeah, yeah, because I want to, got it, the government has its boot on my throat, got it, etc, got it, but you bring the others with you whether you like it or not. Do your rifles not work well enough?

I am not against getting rid of all the restrictions to handgun use by lawful owners of handguns. An ATT doesn’t make much sense to me. I just don’t see the gain against the restriction of “not allowing handgun hunting” except for the ones who WANT to use handguns.

No, I do not own handguns. No, they do not scare me. Yes, I’ve handled and fired many. Yes, I have taken and passed my restricted qualification. No, I doubt I would handgun hunt, as I don’t see the need. Yes, I feel the same about morons buying ANY weapon and using it if they do not have the talent do so.

And HNStuff, great post until you threw in the anti-gunner insults. Sorry, but I was expecting more.

Their was no choice for me in the poll, was there an "Undecided"?

Let's take your comments and put them towards something more common, like driving.

Your opinion above puts everyone afoot.

This world has its fair share of losers and screw-up and chimps and retards and Liberals and communists and lazy, stinking welfare bums. It's also has tons of nice people, respectful people with a hard work ethic and an aspiration for being better every day.

Why someone would want to limit MY rights or wants because of the actions of others is completely illogical. There is no defence. It is anti-freedom lunacy at its peak.

You say you dont own or want to hunt with a handgun. Fine. You are allowed to make that choice. But if you have no money in the game, what is your goal? To make it more difficult for those of us who would be interested in handgun hunting?

If so, you are open to criticism. I see no insults in anything I have posted. If you were offended, since you mentioned it, you must have taken it to heart.

If you are against freedom, you are a communist. That's pretty well standard across the world. And it applies here.

This is beyond firearms. Firearms are but one great example of the ignorant, limiting the abilities of the knowing and free. The government is currently "righting" the many "wrongs" done to Canada by past liberals.

Anti-gunners certainly have their right to their opinion.

I also have the right to expose them for what they are and cram their liberal ideology down their throat and make them choke on it.

Lots of them are choking right now. Lots.

Although I get along with most here, I am hardly here looking for friends. I am a concerned sportsman and Canadian. I am a rabid freedom nut. I am against government restricting us in our every day lives. We don't need more rules and regulations, we need less. We also need to properly enforce the laws we do have.

So when I see those that have no money in the game, yet they take a stance one way or the other, I have to question their motive.....

So, I am questioning your motives. So far, it is based on your past experiences with unknown people during an unknown event. Pretty weak.

Most troubling, your initial reaction is to question "why" someone wants to do something.........