Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-14-2018, 08:53 AM

I bought mine on Amazon based on the reviews

https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...=1S2SPS1MMJ9S9
Old 06-18-2018, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
All the cams that have been stolen over the past couple years is astronomically amazing.
Lots of trees in the forest, I wonder how many are hanging on the original with dead batteries because they are lost not stolen. Also had several go missing only to find them within 20 ft usually if one starts looking. Bears claimed a couple and elk mess with them quite regular.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:51 PM

Default Stolen Cams

I haven't lost a cam yet but I have seen a few people on my cams on crown land that walked by and didn't see it. Some places I am amazed that a person would be hiking/bushwacking there. I have now put my phone number inside the cover. I figure that if there is ever a misunderstanding on why the cam is there or if someone finds it on the ground etc a simple phone call might help me get it back.
I also take a gps coordinate when I place the cams, for that next trip back and my memory isn't the best.
kidd.
Old 06-22-2018, 03:40 PM

Sucks to have your camera stolen for sure. I lost one too, although it may have been a bear.

I’m actually surprised we’re still allowed to use them anyways. I mean, how are they really any different than using a drone? Especially the cell phone models...

Best thing that could happen is if the Goobermant bans them for everyone. Well, except treaty card holders, they should still be allowed their use...
Old 06-22-2018, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
Sucks to have your camera stolen for sure. I lost one too, although it may have been a bear.

I’m actually surprised we’re still allowed to use them anyways. I mean, how are they really any different than using a drone? Especially the cell phone models...

Best thing that could happen is if the Goobermant bans them for everyone. Well, except treaty card holders, they should still be allowed their use...
drones can be used real time to scout vast areas

treaty cards should be abolished as well.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:00 PM

Default Camofire Trailcams

I got a couple off of Camofire's trailcam Tuesday...they were refurbished Stealthcams but they seem to work fine. Worth checking out, even with the exchange and shipping, they were only $60 a camera. PX12's off the top of my head.