Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-21-2015, 06:59 PM

Default Su 16

Anyone on here have or tried the SU16FX or predator they can give some input. I really love the look of it and seem really light. The plastic tho looks a bit toyish. Not sure the how this gun will be in the long term so not sure its worth the 1500 or so price tag.

Any input on how well it shoots, accuracy etc. the net seem to have a mix review on the accuracy.

Pic was from Hunter1602 post, I would really love to hear some input from you if you have some experience with the gun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 965044_10151449189212169_904214166_o.jpg (26.5 KB, 27 views)
Old 08-21-2015, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
Anyone on here have or tried the SU16FX or predator they can give some input. I really love the look of it and seem really light. The plastic tho looks a bit toyish. Not sure the how this gun will be in the long term so not sure its worth the 1500 or so price tag.

Any input on how well it shoots, accuracy etc. the net seem to have a mix review on the accuracy.

Pic was from Hunter1602 post, I would really love to hear some input from you if you have some experience with the gun.

I have the Su-16F model and haven't had any issues with it. I've put roughly 1,000 rounds through the rifle. As far as accuracy goes you'll probably get 2"-2.5" groups at a 100 if you have a good optic. I recommend reloading for this rifle since I was able to get it down to 1"-1.50" groups consistently. It seems to love 50gr vmax with H322 powder.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:13 PM

Default su 16

Thanks for the reply duster,

How do you like the folding stock of the F version, any thoughts of doing the m4 style grip and retractable stock conversion?

If I were to get one it would be the M4 style one. I would love to have a M4 but want non restricted rifles for now so the SU16 FX or predator would be one of the most economic route. Not sure how much weight that would add with that conversion also.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:16 PM

Default su 16

The dude at the Calgary shooting center told me this gun is pretty much just a plinking gun but us Canadians don't have much option for the M4 non restricted style platform aside from this especially for the cost.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
Thanks for the reply duster,

How do you like the folding stock of the F version, any thoughts of doing the m4 style grip and retractable stock conversion?

If I were to get one it would be the M4 style one. I would love to have a M4 but want non restricted rifles for now so the SU16 FX or predator would be one of the most economic route. Not sure how much weight that would add with that conversion also.
I like the folding stock, it's nice to just pop it into your backpack and go. That's why I left the gun stock. The magazines on the other hand kind of suck. Your better off using aftermarket ones. But ya for the price id just go with the F model. Sure the FX is cooler looking and what not but it'll still shoot the same as far as accuracy goes.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:25 PM

Default SU

Thanks for the input. Ya I like the FX because I want to build a light weight CQB combat platform. Im a small guy and a small light weight Cool looking CQB weapon would be my thing.