Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-11-2011, 01:30 PM

Default Z7 Xtreme vs. Bowtech Invasion

Iam looking for a new bow and have narrowed it to either a Mathews Z7 Xtreme, or a Bowtech Invasion. I like the short ATA of the Xtreme, but I like the speed of the Invasion. Both are smooth, and both have similar brace heights. Which would you choose?
Old 04-11-2011, 03:25 PM

If you are looking for a short ata bow that shoots awesome you should check out the PSE XForce vendatta xs good speed short ata. Overall great bow to shoot. But if you are stuck on mathews or bowtech I would say go with the bowtech. Mathews is over priced garbage they just have a bigger budget for promoting their crap. If you want stats pound for pound and grain for grain you will get better performance out of the bowtech and you won't be paying as much. If you want a good price for the bowtech contact Martin tinny at swamp donkey outdoors (780-720-8357) he will not steer you wrong
Old 04-11-2011, 09:40 PM

If you are around Calgary you could go into Jimbows and shoot both bows and see which you like better. I'm pretty sure he has the Z7 Xtreme. I shot the Invasion there and didn't mind it. It's a nice short bow that has a very smooth draw. I could feel a little vibration on the shot and the bottom kicked out a little but that can be fixed with a good stab. I have never shot the Xtreme so couldn't give you a good comparison. You're better off shooting them for yourself anyway.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:39 AM

It all comes down to what you prefer. After shooting both the Z7 Xtreme and the Invasion, I have my own opinions. Overall, I like a little longer ATA than even the Invasion but I did like how this bow shot. A little "hump" in the draw cycle with a solid back wall, it feels like you can hold the Invasion, full draw, all day.

The Mathews was heavy in the hand with the weight too far forward. This bow is advertised at 3.98 pounds but without string stop and harmonic dampener,... I don't know anyone that would shoot this bow without them. My scale reads 4lbs 7 3/4 ounces for the bare bow. This isn't a ton, but feels heavy in such a compact bow. The draw, though smooth, seemed more than 70 lbs, where the Bowtech felt like less than 70. Unlike the Invasion, the back wall of the Z7 isn't so nice and I felt the string "wanting to go". Mathews has improved the grip,... my hand likes the Invasion.

Just a few points. Again, shoot them both. You decide.

http://www.ferniergc.com/
Old 05-08-2011, 04:15 AM

Default Both are great rigs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolete View Post
Iam looking for a new bow and have narrowed it to either a Mathews Z7 Xtreme, or a Bowtech Invasion. I like the short ATA of the Xtreme, but I like the speed of the Invasion. Both are smooth, and both have similar brace heights. Which would you choose?
Hi buddy, I would shoot them side by side and decide.

Here is more info (side by side comparison):
http://compoundbowchoice.com/tools/c...12&m1=188&v1=0

Hope you will find it useful.

Dave
Old 05-13-2011, 10:50 PM

Just picked up the Invasion and I am very happy with it. After two evenings shooting with it I an solid out to 70 yards. I am really impressed at how quiet, stable, and consistant it shoots for me.70lbs, 28 1/2" going 310 with my hunting set up. Couldn't be happier.