Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2024, 10:11 AM

Question BC Road Trip stop idea suggestions?

Early this summer my wife and I are going to do a road trip to Vancouver from Calgary. We have a friend coming in from oversees and is flying into YVR Vancouver Airport.

The idea is that we pick her up in Vancouver and then tour around for a while. Originally we were going to head to the Island and visit some friends out that way, but with my work situation it may be best that we stay on the mainland. The idea is that we scoot out to YVR over 2 days from Calgary, and then take our time driving back to Calgary, perhaps stopping at Whistler, Vernon, Nakusp, and then back to Calgary.

We will have at least 7 days to travel back to Calgary from YVR. We will have camping gear, and have our black lab dog with us, so dog friendly stops would be best.

This is my rough thought for an itinerary.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/pCYprUtbsJf7Bh3S7

Along the way, any suggestions on places to check out? Will have a 4x4 truck and looking to camp along the way for the most part.

I’ve driven the Coquihalla highway years ago from Calgary to the Island, but it was a mad dash to the island. Other than that haven’t spent much time at all in the BC interior. Normally I fly out to the Island or Vancouver for work, so looking for some neat opportunities out of this trip.

Campground suggestions, crown land suggestions, swimming holes, all that sort of stuff would be appreciated!

Tags
camping, nakusp, vancouver, whistler