Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-16-2018, 02:20 PM

Default Pinehurst?

Anyone willing to share gps co-ordiNates for the reef on the north east side of the lake. Kinda between the island and the northeast shoreline.Going to be heading out next weekend for a little fun. I know the general area but not so easy to locate in the Winter. Seems like a weird thing to ask but I lost my gps with 10years of data stored on it and I figured it’s not exactly anyone’s secret spot. I’ve got a new garmen now. Please pm me. BTW I’m still devastated from loosing my garmen, I would have rather had someone steal my truck lol.
Old 02-16-2018, 06:59 PM

Default ???

What kind of truck
Old 02-17-2018, 02:37 PM

I am heading out on Monday would love know how lake access is and if accessible with truck.

The ice was super thick back in January.
Old 02-17-2018, 03:44 PM

Default GPS coordinates

Go onto google earth, zoom into the areas of Pinehurst you're interested in. Place your cursor on those spots of interest & you'll have the GPS coordinates in the bottom right hand corner of your screen. No skill required.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:34 PM

Google earth does help in this situation but a fellow on the forum here helped me out. No gps coordinates but a good starting point. I’ll try and post Friday night and let you know if anyone’s driving out. I’ll be using sleds myself.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:40 PM

Steve, since Monday comes before Friday I guess you will have to tell us if anyone is driving out. Lol
Old 02-19-2018, 08:18 PM

LAKE UPDATE**
- 4x4 is a must for lake travel, deep snow. Bring shovel.
- ice is super thick, extension is required.
- fish were super lethargic and slow fishing. I'd compare it to watching paint dry.

Good Luck to all for the rest of the season.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:20 PM

It's the midwinter blahs in the Lakeland. Time to finesse and cover lots of ground. Short bite at sun up and sundown. That area is notorious for that. Try for perch or whites midday. Or soak big baits for pike but you gotta have faith in your spots they don't move much this time of year.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:14 AM

I’ve got to stop coming on here before bed. “Lakeland midwinter blahs” keept rolling in my head all night lol. We’re fishing Lakeland this weekend for 3 days so I’m really hoping the fish were just hungover and they will up and and at em come Friday morn. BUT I generally don’t do as well mid season here and I guess I’m Not the only one. Some one lift my spirits, post and prove me wrong.
Old 02-20-2018, 10:12 AM

We fished Pinehurst on Sunday for a couple hours with no luck (however there was little effort put in on our part)...definitely need 4x4 and was told by some locals there is a big heave running north south on the west side of islands.
I'll agree with the midwinter Lakeland blues.....fished Ethel and manatoken .....lots on the camera but could literally knock the fish on the head with very little action.
Old 02-20-2018, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
....fished Ethel and manatoken .....lots on the camera but could literally knock the fish on the head with very little action.
Also fished those lakes. Couple small pike from manotoken and couple small jack from ethal but tons of 6” perch at ethal.
Old 02-20-2018, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Also fished those lakes. Couple small pike from manotoken and couple small jack from ethal but tons of 6” perch at ethal.
Yeah small pike at Ethel.. ..lots of small perch on camera.
Manatoken was showing some bigger perch.....id say 12+"....but lathargic. Saw the odd pike roll in but again little interest in coming after anything.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:45 AM

Headed to the elusive Pinehurst this Thursday for 3 days, I hear its been really slow as well. Hoping the slightly warmer weather and sunshine will make a difference.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:00 PM

Was told Sunday that Elinor is biting much better but smaller fish. Kind of wish we would have set up there instead. As nice as that 20lb pike or 10lb walleye would be..... getting skunked when it's -25 is no fun lol.
Old 02-20-2018, 02:56 PM

Pressure system and moon phase has affected the fishing I would guess.

Hopefully March kicks all the fish into a feeding frenzy!

We are going to try Jackson on our next trip.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:44 AM

Sounds like there might be a few A.O members out that way this weekend. I’d be happy to share intel and meet a few of the faces behind the names. Will
Be staying Elinor cabins and fishing fri/sat/sun. Most likely will be fishing Elinor/pinehurst/ and then blackett/kinn/jack as those are the lakes I’m
Most farmiar with. Will be a group of 3. 2 Yamaha sleds and a silver dodge. Come say hi or send me a txt. Adam-7809826085

Oh also has anyone accessed Blackett from the west this yr. basically from Elinor north on the pipeline then east past brown lake. Just wondering if the trail has been cleared as it’s not a well used access. Thanks.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:37 PM

Curious to hear info anyone has pulled a burbot through the ice at pinehurst?

We have yet to catch or see one.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveY66 View Post
Curious to hear info anyone has pulled a burbot through the ice at pinehurst?

We have yet to catch or see one.
We used too catch some many years ago when you were still allowed to fish mud bay. We typically didn't target them but had incidental catches while set up for pike in front of the creek.