Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-16-2018, 09:22 PM

Default Northern Sask Circuit

Looking at all the possibilities of fishing the northern half of Saskatchewan. Almost endless, would take two lifetimes to explore it all.

Have done keeley, canoe and tobin. Looking for a more remote and off the beaten path adventure. Looking at going about 150km north of la loche or somewhere around La Ronge. Seen lac la plonge mentioned.

Seems most lakes have a bear camp and after bear season the cabins are for rent to fishermen. Any well run little gems out there? Fishing will be productive most places I imagine. Hesitant to leave a truck out of site on the main road and random camp up there. Any suggestions?
Old 02-17-2018, 08:10 AM

Head up the Hansen lake road I’m pretty sure it’s called u can get a map An there’s like fifty plus lakes to fish some are remote hike ins some can use boat ect
Old 02-17-2018, 08:12 AM

tinkers cabin on little peter pond lake, besnard lake
Old 02-17-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreys 21234 View Post
Head up the Hansen lake road I’m pretty sure it’s called u can get a map An there’s like fifty plus lakes to fish some are remote hike ins some can use boat ect
I have fished up there it is great. Deschambault lake Is huge and was good walleye burbot and pike. Limestone was another good one. The lake we mainly were at was Devils Lake but you need a snowmobile and someone to show you how to get there. I stayed at Deschambault Lake Resort and they were great people.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:50 AM

Yea I havnt had a chance to get up that way fishing heard Jan lake is awsome fishing also went with a budddy last spring to fish the river systems that run threw lake nisku An hill diver soon as u dropped crank bait off edge of boat would be trolling for five minits an we would have fish on got our limit in two hours an think catch an released another twenty by mid day