Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-06-2018, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by propliner View Post
Everyone's getting wound up like a cheap watch because Traveller is trying to dissect the hangfire/out-of-battery scenario. It's a great mystery and the theories are interesting. Keep it to the pure science of the gun and ammo and don't get wound up about anything else. That's what the thread is about... trying to solve the mystery of the fired case and how it might have happened. Considering how many gun experts there are, it's surprising that the mystery still remains. It goes to show that this is an extremely rare occurrence that happened at a most unfortunate time.
Yes.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:45 AM

Agree 100% with Cheyenne. This Traveler person appears to have only one agenda and that agenda has nothing to do with finding the truth, it's to DISPROVE the Stanley case and it's for a " minority " bunch. No one other post except negative supposition and his theory. Wounder who he really works for. After March 19th we probably will never hear from him again
Old 03-07-2018, 07:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhunter51 View Post
Agree 100% with Cheyenne. This Traveler person appears to have only one agenda and that agenda has nothing to do with finding the truth, it's to DISPROVE the Stanley case and it's for a " minority " bunch. No one other post except negative supposition and his theory. Wounder who he really works for. After March 19th we probably will never hear from him again
Yup.

Has a lot to say about disproving the theory, but has yet to touch on another thread.

I might also add, the attempts are weak at best.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:54 AM

Default Send it to the new myth busters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhunter51 View Post
Very fishy indeed.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:34 PM

Here’s my 2 bits for what it’s worth.
Gerald sees the nare to do’s enter his property, he grabs his “noise maker” loads a couple maybe 3 rounds in it, and cooks off what he figures is 3 shots, remember in his eyes the suv is now heading for, or has ran over his wife who is on the riding lawn mower, both anger, and fear, all fueled by adrenaline is running rampant through him. So maybe only 2 shots went off, maybe he loaded 3 rounds instead of 2, maybe he had a dud stuck in the pipe, who knows I sure as heck wasn’t there. Remember this is my theory, right wrong or in different.
So he thinks he clears the handgun, or maybe the last round failed to fire, and maybe he concludes the hand gun is empty, and in the heat of the moment he didn’t cycle the action. Maybe he cycled the action but the now previously thought to have been fired hang fire or dud fails to eject. Remember it’s go time in his mind his wife just might have been driven over. He runs to the suv that has (4?) occupants, he reaches in to yank the keys. Isn’t it plausible that someone in the vehicle made a grab for the hand gun, could that person have moved the slide out of battery? Remember Gerald is adrenaline charged, and is running on pure instinct. While he’s reaching for the ignition keys he’s not even aware of where the hand gun is, or if someone is touching it, because he’s suffering major tunnel vision from the aroused state he’s in. The person who grabbed the hand gun maybe taking it out of battery, trying to save their own skin, and finally the hang fire cooks off.

Again this is my supposition on the events in question, and again I wasn’t there, as everybody else on here probably wasn’t.

See there’s the doubt cast on the Crown’s case, there’s so much doubt, the Jury couldn’t find guilt in the 2nd degree murder charge.

There are no absolutes

Last edited by Dick284; 03-07-2018 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:46 PM

Dick, I think you are very close to the correct theory but I certainly also was not there. One think also that may have come into play to highten an already crazy scene is the fact there was also a rifle ( fire arm ) INSIDE the SUV that was being handled by "someone " inside the car, even if it was broken from a previous attempted theft of a farmers truck.. Was it maybe also being pointed in a threatening motion, all this going on while some think he should have been counting his shots. Yah right.