Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2023, 09:58 PM

Default These are young people to be admired. Some of you grumpy buggers need to read...

Just saw on Twitter that a group of young people are exercising their freedom of speech, and are staging a walkout to bring attention to their cause. My hopes are it doesn't turn into a loud shouting match instigated by those who want to force group think on others, and make these kids look like hate filled bigots.

Worth a read for some o you grumpy old buggers who think all kids are woke.

As a father of a 20 year old who had teachers try and silence his, and some of his classmates' right of center views, I saw this day coming.

I bet it's just the start.

Regardless, as a high school teacher, I admire whenever students rise up for something they passionately believe in.

Politicians should take note of passionate young future voters, as they will be tomorrow’s leaders.

I will be following this story.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited by sns2; 06-14-2023 at 10:03 PM.
Old 06-14-2023, 10:03 PM

Good for them but I can’t stand the Capital letters, maybe the teacher can point that out to them.
Also tired of the trans having to be in the spotlight and having to be the headline of attention.
Old 06-14-2023, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoff View Post
Good for them but I can’t stand the Capital letters, maybe the teacher can point that out to them.
Also tired of the trans having to be in the spotlight and having to be the headline of attention.
It’s a high school somewhere in Ontario.

Bold and All Caps together mean an urgent message in today’s social media world I do believe, so it is by design.
Old 06-14-2023, 10:12 PM

Okiee dookie that’s new for me in this age, still don’t like it, I was told it’s a form of yelling.
Old 06-14-2023, 10:16 PM

It’s everywhere, where I go to highschool here, there is a biological female who identifies as a Fox as well as a Male. She uses the Mens washroom. While yes it’s their right to identify however they want but when they start using the wrong public bathrooms then it’s imposing on other peoples rights.
Good for the students standing up for that crap!
Old 06-14-2023, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoff View Post
Okiee dookie that’s new for me in this age, still don’t like it, I was told it’s a form of yelling.
It is. They are yelling to show emotion behind their cause. That’s how I read it. Should be interesting to see how the school handles it.

That stuff is way beyond my pay grade, and I am glad I am not involved.

I just hope they don’t get discouraged as they enter into the world of citizenship.

As an ex Social teacher, I love seeing kids involved in the marketplace of ideas, regardless my personal view of the cause. That’s here nor there.

Last edited by sns2; 06-14-2023 at 10:31 PM.
Old 06-14-2023, 10:25 PM

Two thumbs up
Old 06-14-2023, 10:44 PM

Cool! I hope it snowballs into an Avalanche! I hope the teachers and woke Idealogues that try to berate and destroy them are crushed and sent packing!
Old 06-14-2023, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Cool! I hope it snowballs into an Avalanche! I hope the teachers and woke Idealogues that try to berate and destroy them are crushed and sent packing!
I get a kick out of the line they don’t hate most teachers. haha. A+ for honesty.
Old 06-15-2023, 06:14 AM

Good for them, for daring ro speak out, it likely won't get anything changed, but at least they tried. The shame is that there are so few young people willing to make themselves heard on this topic, because they are afraid of the backlash, that it will likely bring.
Old 06-15-2023, 06:26 AM

Excellent! Wish there were more of them...
Old 06-15-2023, 06:33 AM

The Shame in this whole idealistic world today is the kids are taking this in their own hands (good on Them ) while the adults and governments that are there to protect them are taking sides because of fear and political agendas .
Everyone needs to stand up ! and why is there no public input into what can be considered appropriate teaching in our schools.
I pay school taxes in 2 cities yet there is no forum for expression of curriculums.
Old 06-15-2023, 06:42 AM

Good for them, and thanks for bringing this forward, as the dad of a 14 year old it is good to see the smart young people speaking up for their rights.

BW
Old 06-15-2023, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetick View Post
The Shame in this whole idealistic world today is the kids are taking this in their own hands (good on Them ) while the adults and governments that are there to protect them are taking sides because of fear and political agendas .
Everyone needs to stand up ! and why is there no public input into what can be considered appropriate teaching in our schools.
I pay school taxes in 2 cities yet there is no forum for expression of curriculums.
The real shame is the fact that so many people are afraid to speak up, for fear of being attacked, and labeled a biggot.
Old 06-15-2023, 07:44 AM

What a breath of fresh air !
Old 06-15-2023, 09:05 AM

Thank God at least the kids are standing up to this garbage

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2023, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Bacon View Post
Thank God at least the kids are standing up to this garbage

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
Must be bigots, homophobes and racist. News the other night, parents protesting this crap at an Ontario school, the outrage was that they were actually protesting at a school.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 06-15-2023, 10:02 AM

Unfortunately these kids are not going to get much support by organizing an event with-in school hours. Kids have been doing all kinds of protests for years and the essence of the cause is lost by those students who just participate to get out of class...

I would hope that someday teachers would actually explain to their students that walking out of class does nothing to support their cause.
Old 06-15-2023, 10:31 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

If your gonna win an audience you lost some at grumpy buggers.....

Hope the students have their say but do it respectful it will carry more weight.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-15-2023, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270hunter View Post
It’s everywhere, where I go to highschool here, there is a biological female who identifies as a Fox as well as a Male. She uses the Mens washroom. While yes it’s their right to identify however they want but when they start using the wrong public bathrooms then it’s imposing on other peoples rights.
Good for the students standing up for that crap!
We have friends with a high school kids… Have you ever heard of FURRIES.? Those are the kids who think they are cats, foxes, wolves or some other fur bearing animals. They move around on all 4 and act like cats foxes etc… they dress in furry clothes and have furry fluffy tails… Now here is the kicker: the schools installed a litter boxes in the public toilettes for this kids to pee and poop into…. I thought that my buddies were pulling my leg… Nope, it’s for bloody real!
If I dress up like Napoleon Bonaparte and take a **** on White Ave into the planter- I will probably be send to the nut house where I belong…
Old 06-15-2023, 11:32 AM

I heard this also! No animals aloud in school! So kick them out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
We have friends with a high school kids… Have you ever heard of FURRIES.? Those are the kids who think they are cats, foxes, wolves or some other fur bearing animals. They move around on all 4 and act like cats foxes etc… they dress in furry clothes and have furry fluffy tails… Now here is the kicker: the schools installed a litter boxes in the public toilettes for this kids to pee and poop into…. I thought that my buddies were pulling my leg… Nope, it’s for bloody real!
If I dress up like Napoleon Bonaparte and take a **** on White Ave into the planter- I will probably be send to the nut house where I belong…
Old 06-15-2023, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Yep this is very true. It’s happening in Calgary and I’m sure elsewhere
Old 06-15-2023, 12:48 PM

Its good someone else thinks like I do, I really don't care what anybody else does or how they live just don't push it on everybody else, do we need a rainbow flag everywhere.

People would take the alphabet crowd more seriously if they weren't begging for attention and dressing up.
Old 06-15-2023, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Thats a real thing south of Calgary. In highschool a few years ago there was a young vegetarian lesbian that pretended she is a wolf. Most teachers really out there teaching about things they really had no clue about. Excuse always was Edmonton decides what we teach but you can yell they love all this flaky hippie dippie stuff. I wish I would have homeschooled.
Old 06-15-2023, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
If your gonna win an audience you lost some at grumpy buggers.....

Hope the students have their say but do it respectful it will carry more weight.
The amount of people that consistently deride young people on this site is deserving of the terminology.

One mod thought the thread would be shut down in a hurry. Maybe you are right, the grumpies got scared away.
Old 06-15-2023, 02:08 PM

Things are so much simpler in many Euro countries, where man and women (and I guess foxes and whatever) use the same washrooms with no signs on doors. Never understood why it isn’t like that everywhere.
Old 06-15-2023, 04:18 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
The amount of people that consistently deride young people on this site is deserving of the terminology.

One mod thought the thread would be shut down in a hurry. Maybe you are right, the grumpies got scared away.

Nope, they are out back right now a little busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-15-2023, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Things are so much simpler in many Euro countries, where man and women (and I guess foxes and whatever) use the same washrooms with no signs on doors. Never understood why it isn’t like that everywhere.
The new No Frills at Londonderry Mall only has 1 washroom for all.
Old 06-15-2023, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by altex View Post
The new No Frills at Londonderry Mall only has 1 washroom for all.
Please keep it to teenagers exercising their rights of freedom of speech and assembly.
Old 06-15-2023, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 270hunter View Post
Yep this is very true. It’s happening in Calgary and I’m sure elsewhere
The originator, Joe Rogan, recanted this BS sandbox story in Nov. 2022. Now the kids are just trolling us.
Unless you have actual, verified proof, please let this fake news story die.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/...furries-gender

OT- How did the kids make out with the protest? Did they gain any positive results and media attention? Or were they vilified as racists, bigots, transphobes, homophobes, etc. as per the usual MO of the well meaning progressives.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg warning-grumpy-old-man.jpg (45.0 KB, 5 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell

Last edited by urban rednek; 06-15-2023 at 08:03 PM. Reason: my sign, in keeping with the title
Closed Thread