Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2023, 09:17 AM

Default Trump’s back door strategy

Looking down at all his screw ups and legal woes he is clearly looking at a long term plan.

If he can delay the potential convictions until after the next election… technically he can’t pardon himself… however he can take a short medical leave… defer the presidency to his VP… then have the VP who is acting as president to pardon him. Then recover and re-assume the presidency with no chance of ever being convicted of anything pertaining to his business, his support of Jan 6 or his gross miss handling of secret documents.

His only hurdle is getting elected. I can see a path to him beating Biden… however it will be tough. Polarized politics in the US has widened.

He would strategically have been better off… supporting a more moderate Republican presidential nominee and then once the Republicans won to pardon Trump and take that noise off the table.

Some will scream it’s unfair that some are above the law however the US just needs to calm down.

Next is countries should try and find the best to run the country. It’s almost like a case of hot potato. No one wants the job and the potato gets tossed to someone shady. It’s a weird world of politics.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 06-11-2023, 10:03 AM

Doesn't matter who gets elected President, the US is screwed, you're just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 06-11-2023, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
Doesn't matter who gets elected President, the US is screwed, you're just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Grizz
That's a very good way of putting it.

Trump should borrow some smoke and mirrors from Trudeau. He seems to have lots to spare.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2023, 10:20 AM

His last VP didn’t perform, why would his next. Once convicted, he’ll loose his lifetime security. Visions of Hussein being dragged from his hole, under the gallows pole.
Old 06-11-2023, 10:38 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Trump is a huge waste of rations....but the chem trail folks need a leader

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-11-2023, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
And the woke need a leader as well, which is why Biden is there.
Old 06-11-2023, 10:50 AM

Ya when it comes to Trump…one day I kinda like the guy, then there’s a whole bunch of days that I just gotta shake my head at what he does or says…I guess I sit about 20% like..80% dislike..
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 06-11-2023, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Looking down at all his screw ups and legal woes he is clearly looking at a long term plan.

If he can delay the potential convictions until after the next election… technically he can’t pardon himself… however he can take a short medical leave… defer the presidency to his VP… then have the VP who is acting as president to pardon him. Then recover and re-assume the presidency with no chance of ever being convicted of anything pertaining to his business, his support of Jan 6 or his gross miss handling of secret documents.

His only hurdle is getting elected. I can see a path to him beating Biden… however it will be tough. Polarized politics in the US has widened.

He would strategically have been better off… supporting a more moderate Republican presidential nominee and then once the Republicans won to pardon Trump and take that noise off the table.

Some will scream it’s unfair that some are above the law however the US just needs to calm down.

Next is countries should try and find the best to run the country. It’s almost like a case of hot potato. No one wants the job and the potato gets tossed to someone shady. It’s a weird world of politics.
Quit worrying about it.
Old 06-11-2023, 12:20 PM

I bet Desantis has a good chance at winning
Old 06-11-2023, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
He does have his groupies. Seems odd but yet here they are
Old 06-11-2023, 09:13 PM

Started out really rooting for Trump....2016.....but now I really wish he would just go away.

Having said that, he is a victim here, and it really is unfortunate. Everyone of them has been guilty of something that would land 'Harvey Milquetoast' in jail

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 06-11-2023, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Someone has to be a glue sniffer.... uummm ... I mean hair sniffer, for the left.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 06-11-2023, 09:48 PM

Biden won’t be on the ticket in 24. I suspect Hillary will make another run possibly with Michelle Obama. Biden will be lucky if he finishes his term.

Trumps MAGA base isn’t enough to get him back in the White House It wasn’t last time and it has shrunk since then. It could get him the nomination but that’s it. His only hope is DeSantis as his VP and I doubt DeSantis will do that.

Kari Lake might carry him through but they are too much alike to work well together

Last edited by jungleboy; 06-11-2023 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-11-2023, 10:54 PM

Quote:

The TDS is strong in this one.

And one more, who will be along shortly, I'm sure.

Trump won't be a finalist next go around, you guys can relax.
Old 06-12-2023, 12:04 AM

Quote:

You seem to start all these threads about world event ,yet did you ever figure out you battery .
Old 06-12-2023, 01:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
The TDS is strong in this one.
You see it too… Pretty funny how TDS keeps showing up with a certain few. It never gets old

3….2..1.. another will chime in early in the AM.
Old 06-12-2023, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
Started out really rooting for Trump....2016.....but now I really wish he would just go away.

Having said that, he is a victim here, and it really is unfortunate. Everyone of them has been guilty of something that would land 'Harvey Milquetoast' in jail
Victim

This guy is as crooked as they come....victim

Ohhh they are picking on me as he plays it out gathering followers for his campaign but might hit a few road blocks along the way so play the victim card

Old 06-12-2023, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
You see it too… Pretty funny how TDS keeps showing up with a certain few. It never gets old

3….2..1.. another will chime in early in the AM.
How did you know that would happen? It’s as if you could see into the future. Lol
Old 06-12-2023, 09:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder76 View Post
How did you know that would happen? It’s as if you could see into the future. Lol
The one above you is as predictable as the wind in SW Alberta. He likes to blow
Old 06-12-2023, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
The one above you is as predictable as the wind in SW Alberta. He likes to blow
There is a strong southerly blowing today...go figure eh.

Old 06-12-2023, 03:11 PM

Go Trump!!!!!
Old 06-12-2023, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Get with the program. It's called atmospheric geo-engineering and its as real as the nose on your face. Many research papers and involvement by University's and the Armed Forces world wide. Remember Vietnam and aerial spraying to cause heavy rain to flood the Viet Cong tunnels. I was also involved one summer job during my University days.
Old 06-12-2023, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traderal View Post
Get with the program. It's called atmospheric geo-engineering and its as real as the nose on your face. Many research papers and involvement by University's and the Armed Forces world wide. Remember Vietnam and aerial spraying to cause heavy rain to flood the Viet Cong tunnels. I was also involved one summer job during my University days.

I was referring to the chemtrail conspiracy theory the belief that long-lasting condensation trails are "chemtrails" consisting of chemical or biological agents left in the sky by high-flying aircraft, sprayed for nefarious purposes undisclosed to the general public and how Trump followers fall into this category….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 06-12-2023, 05:28 PM

Quote:
I was referring to the chemtrail conspiracy theory the belief that long-lasting condensation trails are "chemtrails" consisting of chemical or biological agents left in the sky by high-flying aircraft, sprayed for nefarious purposes undisclosed to the general public and how Trump followers fall into this category….

How so?
Old 06-12-2023, 05:38 PM

Quote:

Trump followers are simply people who are not satisfied with the current government and its state of affairs.
Pretty low shot. Not cool.
Old 06-12-2023, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Trump followers are simply people who are not satisfied with the current government and its state of affairs.
X2

I bet he'd quiet down in person. They all do.

Looper
Old 06-12-2023, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looper View Post
X2

I bet he'd quiet down in person. They all do.

Looper

Nope, got an opinion as many do in which I enjoy the back and forth.

Whether it’s on this site or anywhere else.

Reality is you, me or anyone else discussing this from whatever perspective will never influence Trump or any other politician.

Old 06-12-2023, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post

Are they?
I have talked to many who were well informed on Trumps past and present and actually seem reasonable with there explanation then there are those that I get a blank stare and a few stutters then some random babble.

Ohhh well all good in the hood.

Old 06-12-2023, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Nope, got an opinion as many do in which I enjoy the back and forth.

Whether it’s on this site or anywhere else.

Reality is you, me or anyone else discussing this from whatever perspective will never influence Trump or any other politician.

You weren't discussing any perspectives. You were slagging Trump supporters. Nice try though.

Looper
Old 06-12-2023, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAlberta View Post
His last VP didn’t perform, why would his next. Once convicted, he’ll loose his lifetime security. Visions of Hussein being dragged from his hole, under the gallows pole.

If he gets convicted and goes to jail, without his lifetime security he'll really need to come up with a "back door strategy". lol

Trump will always Trump away, that's just the way it goes. Being that I'm not a US citizen and can't vote (although my Grandfather was from Pennsylvania oil country), who cares? As a Canadian, being a fervent Trump supporter makes as much sense as supporting Winston Churchill. It's not like either one of them will be showing up for dinner or asking me over for a beer. I guess some people just need a "team" to cheer for.
Closed Thread