Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-02-2021, 01:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
I NEVER CARED BEFORE ......

I believe more and more people are starting to feel this way.

I never cared if you were “gay” or whatever acronym you chose to call yourself, until you started shoving it down my throat.

I never cared what color you were, until you started blaming me for your problems.

You don’t have the right to enjoy Canadian freedoms if you are trying to take that right away from other Canadians.
This is from Winston Churchill, correct?? Thanks
Old 07-02-2021, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
This is from Winston Churchill, correct?? Thanks
I think Abraham Lincoln said something like the quote in red in your post. Anyone know for sure?
Old 07-02-2021, 08:57 PM

Someone started to burn a totem pole in Victoria today with graffiti that read “one statue - one totem."

The division bells are ringing louder than ever unfortunately.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.che...-832878/%3famp

Last edited by madshawn; 07-02-2021 at 09:10 PM.
Old 07-02-2021, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshawn View Post
Someone started to burn a totem pole in Victoria today with graffiti that read “one statue - one totem."

The division bells are ringing louder than ever unfortunately.
It was only a matter of time before this happened. A totem or a statue, both criminal acts neither is worse than the other.
Old 07-03-2021, 07:00 AM

Certainly not right but getting a taste of their own medicine and the whining starts

Graffiti was also located on the scene which police say speaks to recent events in Victoria where a statue of James Cook was thrown into the Victoria Harbour.

The W̱SÁNEĆ Leadership Council said they were “extremely disappointed to learn of the acts of racist retribution that occurred yesterday on [their] sacred mountain, YOS.”

Chief Don Tom of the W̱SÁNEĆ Leadership Council took a moment Friday to comment on both the totem pole fire and the toppling of the Cook statue.

“While the removal of the James Cook statue reminds the public of our presence, it is a two-edged political tool,” said Chief Tom. On one hand, it pushes the envelope and forces the public to confront the real issues. On the other, it can embolden racists, sway moderates, and put Indigenous people in harm’s way. As a result, the W̱SÁNEĆ Leadership Council does not condone this behaviour.”

Chief Tom also said the burning of the totem pole is a “shocking example of settler cruelty.
Old 07-03-2021, 08:37 AM

Quote:

I never cared if you were “gay” or whatever acronym you chose to call yourself, until you started shoving it down my throat.

I never cared what color you were, until you started blaming me for your problems.

I never cared about your political affiliation, until you started to condemn me for mine.

I never cared where you were from in this great Country, until you began condemning people based on where they were born and the history that makes them who they are.

I have never cared if you were well off or poor, because I’ve been both . . . until you started calling me names for working hard and bettering myself.

I’ve never cared if your beliefs are different than mine - until you said my beliefs are wrong.

I’ve never cared if you don’t like guns, until you tried to take my guns away.

Now . . . I care. I’ve given all the tolerance I have to give.

This is no longer my problem. It’s your problem. You can still fix it. It’s not too late. But it needs to be soon.

I’m a very patient person. But I’m out of patience. And there are literally Tens of Millions of people just like me ~~

who are sick of all your crap!

I’ve always cared about life, and all lives, but now you try to force the notion on me and my other fellow citizens and patriots that certain lives matter more than others. You protest, riot, attack, burn and loot. Your so-called “movement” has become a radical out-of-control bunch of thugs, criminals and anarchists who are destroying our Country.

We have had enough! Canada is the greatest country on Earth, and if you don’t like Canada ~~ then you can leave.

We are done caring about your misguided “feelings”.

You don’t have the right to enjoy Canadian freedoms if you are trying to take that right away from other Canadians.
I agree absolutely now you've made it my business dont cry when I fight back because I'm done bending over for everyone else's rights I have the same rights and I'm going to stand up for them

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 07-03-2021, 09:07 AM

Quote:

I never cared about your political affiliation, until you started to condemn me for mine.

I never cared where you were from in this great Country, until you began condemning people based on where they were born and the history that makes them who they are.

I have never cared if you were well off or poor, because I’ve been both . . . until you started calling me names for working hard and bettering myself.

I’ve never cared if your beliefs are different than mine - until you said my beliefs are wrong.

I’ve never cared if you don’t like guns, until you tried to take my guns away.

Now . . . I care. I’ve given all the tolerance I have to give.

This is no longer my problem. It’s your problem. You can still fix it. It’s not too late. But it needs to be soon.

I’m a very patient person. But I’m out of patience. And there are literally Tens of Millions of people just like me ~~

who are sick of all your crap!

I’ve always cared about life, and all lives, but now you try to force the notion on me and my other fellow citizens and patriots that certain lives matter more than others. You protest, riot, attack, burn and loot. Your so-called “movement” has become a radical out-of-control bunch of thugs, criminals and anarchists who are destroying our Country.

We have had enough! Canada is the greatest country on Earth, and if you don’t like Canada ~~ then you can leave.

We are done caring about your misguided “feelings”.

100% Agree
Old 07-03-2021, 11:46 AM

To all people responsible for toppling statutes, if you want to act like an idiot.....you shall be treated like an idiot. I have zero support and sympathy for you losers....
Old 07-03-2021, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankbait View Post
Cowessess First Nation Chief Cadmus Delorme on The National last night, when CBC host Ian Hanomansing asked what his message is to Canadians:

"From a First Nation perspective, I love living in Canada. I went to university, I grew up on Cowessess, I have the best job I think I ever wanted, being chief. It's not an easy task. But there is an accidental racism and ignorance in this country when it comes to history. You know, Indigenous people - and I'm speaking from Cowessess perspective - we don't want to live in our current state. We want to be part of the economy. We want to be part of the growth... the social lives.
Sometimes in this country, being Indigenous, it's as if you gotta prove yourself a little more. You're so used seeing maybe, someone asking for change and being Indigenous... you know, there's a story behind every one, of the history that we inherited. So my comment to everybody listening is, from Cowessess, we're not asking for pity. We're asking for understanding. We're asking that you stand beside us, that as we are gaining our control again - as Indigenous people - in our Treaty relationship, that we have better understanding. That our kids going to school understand the impact that residential school made, but also even pre... what great economy Indigenous people had prior to Treaty. This country would be so much more well-off, when Indigenous ideology and understanding is welcomed in, and not just brought in on certain days of the year.

(On the debate over whether to cancel Canada Day)
I would never tell somebody what to and what not to celebrate. You know, in 2021, we all inherited this. Nobody today created residential schools. Nobody today created the Indian Act. Nobody today created the Sixties Scoop. But we all inherited this. And if we want to say we're proud Canadians, then we will accept the beautiful country we have today, and we will accept what we all inherited. And what I would challenge is: Everybody on Canada Day in this country, if you say you're a proud Canadian, read the Truth and Reconciliation 'Calls to Action.' Over 100,000 residential school survivors told their story - including my parents - and they created the Truth and Reconciliation 'Calls to Action.' Bring that into your personal life, your social life, your business life. And read the Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls 'Calls to Action.' There's 231 Calls to Action. If we can all own those a little bit in this country, in one generation we would overcome so many challenges today, that our next generation won't inherit this. We will
make them more as Dreamers."
Well spoken, there is going to have to be give and take on both sides if this is ever going to get better. Hopefully we can all learn to play nice in the sand box and quit jumping up and down and crying and whining because so far all that seems to be accomplishing is creating a greater divide and at the rate it is going will result in more vandalism and cause even more racism on both sides. I have a crazy idea lets all try to remember that short of our politicians we have what should be the greatest country in the world and ALL of us are so busy bickering with each other and allowing the thieving politicians to fulfill their self-absorbed agenda.
Old 07-03-2021, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Yup our local LEO’s do a stellar job and are busy keeping our communities safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Cat, from what I have noticed the ones that usually b^&#h and whine the most wouldn't have the parts to do the job so they do what they do best by bit%*ing and whining and perpetuating the problem.
Old 07-03-2021, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So what value is a police force that refuses to do their job?
Apparently from. The news feed my wife read, there were police cars vandalized and Winnipeg police officers assaulted trying stop this despicable act .
Cat
Old 07-03-2021, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Apparently from. The news feed my wife read, there were police cars vandalized and Winnipeg police officers assaulted trying stop this despicable act .
Cat
So armed police officers with tasers and pepper spray at their disposal are not be able to handle these idiots? I read the reports, and it sounds like they didn't make much of an effort.
Old 07-03-2021, 01:42 PM

Quote:
So armed police officers with tasers and pepper spray at their disposal are not be able to handle these idiots?
Not if they got swarmed and jumped from behind that is for sure
Cat
Old 07-03-2021, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Not if they got swarmed and jumped from behind that is for sure
Cat
Reading the article, it sounds like there were told not to try too hard, so they didn't upset the criminals. Authorities basically told these animals that they are free to do as they please, without fear of the police using force to stop them. No mention of any injuries to police, and some of what was referred to as assaults was being spit on. And only one person arrested.

https://winnipegsun.com/news/local-n...protest-at-leg
Old 07-03-2021, 01:58 PM

Couple of roads named after Indian chiefs that not angels. Maybe those roads should have a title change.
Old 07-03-2021, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Reading the article, it sounds like there were told not to try too hard, so they didn't upset the criminals. No mention of any injuries to police, and some of what was referred to as assaults was being spit on. And only one person arrested.

https://winnipegsun.com/news/local-n...protest-at-leg
Unless a person was there I doubt very much if anything one to reality would be accurate.
I do know that I have been swarmed as a bouncer and things do not turn out well for the outnumbered in those situations .
Cat
Old 07-03-2021, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Unless a person was there I doubt very much if anything one to reality would be accurate.
I do know that I have been swarmed as a bouncer and things do not turn out well for the outnumbered in those situations .
Cat
Right from the police chief, from the link that I posted.

Quote:
When asked why police didn’t step in to stop the vandalism, Smyth said, “It’s a delicate situation. You certainly don’t want to incite the crowd. It’s a judgment call based on what’s happening. There was no violence going on towards other people.”
Basically they are telling these criminals that they can do all of the damage they want, as long as they don't attack other people. Now that the criminals know that, there will probably be more of this criminal activity.
Old 07-03-2021, 02:08 PM

Meanwhile our history is being toppled, government stands useless. Government decides to increase gay pride week to month to ALL Summer. I don’t make this garbage up. It’s true, happening everyday. Confidence in government is waning fast. Better get all your gov bonds cashed and invested elsewhere. Have a feeling this is going to topple soon. Confidence is leaving 🇨🇦.

https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-he...de-season.html
Old 07-03-2021, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Right from the police chief, from the link that I posted.

Basically they are telling these criminals that they can do all of the damage they want, as long as they don't attack other people. Now that the criminals know that, there will probably be more of this criminal activity.
"Assaulted and spit on" is NOT " assaulted by being spit on"
I can only imagine what your response would be if they had waded in with pepper spray and batons and what some would call peaceful protestors being injured
Cat
Old 07-03-2021, 02:17 PM

Quote:
"Assaulted and spit on" is NOT " assaulted by being spit on"
I can only imagine what your response would be if they had waded in with pepper spray and batons and what some would call peaceful protestors being injured
Cat
If the police surrounded the statues and these animals attacked them ,to get to the statues, they would not be peaceful protestors, would they? At that point, batons, pepper spray and tasers would be very appropriate for the officers to defend themselves. By being there and doing nothing, the police showed that they they aren't willing to use force, and that will be taken advantage of by future criminals.

You can show strength or weakness, each will have a far different impact on future situations like this.

I can only imagine how the officers felt, stand there and be spit on, but you aren't allowed to do your job.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 07-03-2021 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-03-2021, 03:00 PM

We now know where law stops 🛑. That is the point where vigilante can start.......
Old 07-03-2021, 03:07 PM

If your destroying public property, I see nothing wrong with wrong with using force. The police should be using tear gas, tasers and batons for crowd control and if that does not work then use their guns. If white people were destroying native statues the rcmp would be all over us. Of course I would never stoop that low. The people that are destroying are history are true low life's....
Old 07-03-2021, 03:26 PM

Looks like BLM has just rebranded into ECM and moved across the boarder. Funny how that goes when there is an election looming. Shalom...

"I came to Ottawa with the firm belief that the only people in this country who should have guns are police officers and soldiers."

— Allan Rock, Canada's Minister of Justice
Maclean's "Taking aim on guns", 1994 April 25, Vol.107 Issue 17, page 12.

"... protection of life is NOT a legitimate use for a firearm in this country sir! Not! That is expressly ruled out!".

— Justice Minister Allan Rock
Old 07-03-2021, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanCretien View Post
Looks like BLM has just rebranded into ECM
You got me and Google asking what is ECM? Thanks.
Old 07-03-2021, 07:24 PM

I can't be the only one that sees how this is mirroring the past rowdiness of our neighbours to the south, when it came to all of their rallies and protests regarding racism against African Americans.

My first impression is that these protestors are wannabe's, looking for a reason to get into the action the Americans had in months and years past.

I don't condone vandalism to anything, whether it be totem poles, churches, statues, or anything else. But I understand why the police simply maintained a presence. Imagine the escalation of press... "Man killed by police for pushing on statue"...
Old 07-03-2021, 10:09 PM
Banned

It's pretty silly and ignorant to think what is happening here as far as protests is mimicking the US.

If you were to simply listen to what is happening in our country and the resurgence of reconciliation you can see it has nothing to do what happened south of the border.

People see and hear what they wish.

More good is happening beyond the headlines if people chose to look.
Old 07-03-2021, 10:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
I agree absolutely now you've made it my business dont cry when I fight back because I'm done bending over for everyone else's rights I have the same rights and I'm going to stand up for them
What exactly are you bending over for?

And what rights do you have that are being infringed on?

How is this indigenous movement actually affecting your bottom line?

Genuine question.
Old 07-03-2021, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Hmmm. Brand new member joins an outdoor forum to talk politics and social issues.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk
Haha...it maybe called an outdoorsman forum but it far from that.
Old 07-04-2021, 05:55 AM

I’d like to see some water canons in action at the next illegal event.
6pm news live stream.
Old 07-04-2021, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen moa View Post
I’d like to see some water canons in action at the next illegal event.
6pm news live stream.
This would be better