Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-28-2021, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetail Junkie View Post
I dont hate people of other races as the wife and I have many friends with different backgrounds however ive never in my life until the last few years had such a distaste for far left leaning liberals.be it coworkers,nieghbors and I hate to say it even some friends I just dont wont to be around them let alone listen to their mental illness.
You can't choose relatives and usually not co workers, but you can choose your friends.
Old 06-28-2021, 11:16 PM

You can’t choose relatives but your sure don’t have to like them!!
Old 06-29-2021, 09:25 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I think a lot of the recent attacks are committed by mentally ill people and junkies; though surely some will be actual racists, but I think many incidents are addicts & lunatics talking smack. Sure, racists exist, but I don’t think it’s in the numbers that some claim. Of course there is also the racism between different non-white groups that never seems to get any coverage or acknowledgement, as well as the racism towards whites from some (CRT advocates for instance). Racism towards whites of course cannot be a thing, at least if you asked the CBC.

Lots of society has now grown up in a world where they’ve been trash talking in video games in their youth, and lots of that practice might rear its head as they age and get a few drinks in them. Racist smack talk certainly, but where they have friends of the same ethnicity of the person they’re ranting against, in which case it’s basically empty rhetoric rather than intent to commit genocide.

I’m sure there’s plenty of real racism, don’t get me wrong and think that I don’t believe it exists, it’s sure as hell out there too. I’m just saying there’s lots of ignorant drunk &/or drugged bravado racist empty rhetoric that muddies the card-carrying white supremacists from the random moron who is having a drunken beef with someone else of different pigmentation after getting kicked out of a bar.

I also think that there is an element of people who are sick of the ‘everything is racist’ rhetoric who then speak up against being subjected to accusations, and now those folks get painted with that very wide brush as well.

Is it on the increase? Real actual racism? Possibly, but it’s also cast in many directions. I’d not be surprised if a lot of the online rhetoric was driven by foreign instigators in the form of paid internet trolls. China, for example, would surely enjoy observing civil unrest and pro-communist ideology growing in the western world.

The recent publicity surrounding the awful neglect (and worse) at the residential schools is certainly angering and deserves investigation, it’s absolutely something to bring to light. Finding the causes of death for each of the children would be a start, for those that can be determined anyways. Is it something that people who had nothing whatsoever to do with should feel guilt about? Nope. Can we all strive do better as humans and friends? Absolutely.
I think very much along the same lines Caber... Too many people on all sides are feeling like every person who has a different view point even in the slightest is simply "against" them, and rather than having civil conversation and maybe learning or teaching something that maybe benefits the understanding and acceptance of a bit of difference, they resort to yelling and stubbornness and all that does is push everyone further apart.

I don't know anybody who changes their mind by being yelled at and condescended towards. That just puts the hair up on ones back and shuts down any chance of effectively demonstrating a different view.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 06-29-2021, 09:30 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post
Done.

To be clear, I think your point on the Edmonton incident is irrelevant but basically correct. You were not correct about the Toronto incident.
You are a good man sir... Whether or not any point of the discussion was conceded is irrelevant. You stand behind what you believe and say and now some people in need are benefitting. Stellar!
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 06-30-2021, 10:35 AM
Suspended User

Default Great examples of racism on this thread

When I read the statements on here I see loads of examples of bigotry. No wonder the problem is growing. Most of you don't even clue into the extremism YOU are displaying. Awesome. Bigotry and racism are definitely being fed by hatred of people who spout this crap, without consequences. Once again the Mods are blindly letting it go.
Old 06-30-2021, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDave View Post
When I read the statements on here I see loads of examples of bigotry. No wonder the problem is growing. Most of you don't even clue into the extremism YOU are displaying. Awesome. Bigotry and racism are definitely being fed by hatred of people who spout this crap, without consequences. Once again the Mods are blindly letting it go.
The one thing that I have noticed, is that certain people try to make pretty much everything appear to be racist or an act of bigotry. I have even taken management courses where we were shown videos , some of which displayed discrimination, and some that didn't, yet some people saw discrimination in every single one of those videos. If you really want to, you can convince yourself that pretty much anything that happens is racist or discriminatory.
Old 06-30-2021, 11:34 AM

Quote:
When I read the statements on here I see loads of examples of bigotry. No wonder the problem is growing.
Most of you don't even clue into the extremism YOU are displaying. Awesome. Bigotry and racism are definitely
being fed by hatred of people who spout this crap, without consequences.
Once again the Mods are blindly letting it go.
Report the post then,
Mods do a lot more than just 'blindly' mod'n just know.
Old 06-30-2021, 12:33 PM

Default We come in 5 colours

That's how God made us so try to get used to it. As far as religion and politics are concerned everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That's why we have elections and secret ballots.

If we keep this up we make this country ungovernable.
Old 06-30-2021, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
That's how God made us so try to get used to it. As far as religion and politics are concerned everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That's why we have elections and secret ballots.

I think that’s the agenda. An agenda only a dictator can fix. Just a hunch. But never before have I heard of a time that Canada is so divided with so little optimism in sight. Maybe when the last Trudeau was PM? I wasn’t alive then.
Old 06-30-2021, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post

Sounds like perfect conditions for Alberta to separate from Canada. The Easterners dislike us already. Now more fuel on the fire.
Old 06-30-2021, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganderblaster View Post
I think that’s the agenda. An agenda only a dictator can fix. Just a hunch. But never before have I heard of a time that Canada is so divided with so little optimism in sight. Maybe when the last Trudeau was PM? I wasn’t alive then.
Exactly, create a situation so dire, that someone can use it as an excuse to assume absolute power. Or that someone can just hand Canada over to the UN, or the globalists, not really any difference.
Old 06-30-2021, 01:32 PM

Default Got a question for u….

Quote:
Do you actually think your constant rant posts like this actually help the situation one little bit?

I have news for you… it don’t. You repeatedly do this so much it may actually cause as much damage to relations as the most vile of posts that you could encounter.

Was your intent to be part of the problem sir? Honest question.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 06-30-2021, 02:16 PM

Quote:
You know Mr Dave, an awful lot of people are trying really hard to have respectful, constructive discussions on topics that relate to native people. Yet, as is your pattern, you come in with accusations that everyone is racist, and mods allow/enable that. Quite frankly, you are full of it, and do your peoples' cause way more harm than good. I will only speak for myself, but I hope you never come on this forum again. All you do is cause trouble. I have no ties to the mods anymore, but I hope they get tired of your schlock and punt you for your saying they wink at racism.
Old 06-30-2021, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
You know Mr Dave, an awful lot of people are trying really hard to have respectful, constructive discussions on topics that relate to native people. Yet, as is your pattern, you come in with accusations that everyone is racist, and mods allow/enable that. Quite frankly, you are full of it, and do your peoples' cause way more harm than good. I will only speak for myself, but I hope you never come on this forum again. All you do is cause trouble. I have no ties to the mods anymore, but I hope they get tired of your schlock and punt you for your saying they wink at racism.
Thank-you...
Old 06-30-2021, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Well said!
Old 06-30-2021, 02:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Bang on! I was wondering if I was the only one seeing it.
Old 06-30-2021, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
Bang on! I was wondering if I was the only one seeing it.
And he isn't the only poster that tries to play the racism card anytime that he doesn't like what is being said. There are a few others that do this on a regular basis.
Old 06-30-2021, 04:04 PM

Quote:
I read a lot of post here, lots of guys I will stop and read. Some guys just get a pass, Mr.D is a strong pass. His post are the kind that will make someone, something they are not.