Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-27-2021, 09:15 PM

just another social media thing.
Old 06-27-2021, 11:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Good morning fellas. I woke this morning and read about another racially motivated attack on Canadian streets, this time against a muslim man in Saskatoon. Damn, I just can't remember these things happening in Canada.
This one shook me because of where it happened.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...nton-1.6081152

I lived around the corner from that park when I was a kid, I played there every day. I learned to fly cast practicing on the grass, and would run drills in the summer to be ready for football. I fell in love with my first girlfriend on a bench in that park and I’d roll a doobie and sit on the swings at night with my buddies. So many good memories and a place you would always feel safe, it should always be.

Watching some of you contort yourselves in an effort explain it away through your polarized political BS is pretty gross.
Old 06-28-2021, 12:29 AM
Banned

I wish that the article had included why the victim was in an East end alley at 5:30 am. It obviously wasn’t where he lives, or visiting friends, otherwise after getting his phone robbed he’d just go back to the residence and contacted police.

Would it be far fetched to think that this may have been gang bangers protecting their turf and sending a message? There are a lot of cities with districts where I wouldn’t want to be in if I had no business being there let alone in a dark alley at 5:30 am. Is the East end a tough part of town?

“Why are you here?.......in our neighbourhood in an alley at 5:30 am?

“We don’t like Muslim....”......or anyone else in our neighbourhood in an alley at 5:30 am who’s not from here.

Is there an article that explains what he was doing there in the first place?
Old 06-28-2021, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I see multiple sides to this. The first is that the media tries to make every crime racist if possible, unless of course it is committed against white people . So the number of crimes labeled as racist by the media, is greatly overstated. And of course our government itself is racist, as are our very laws. There is no equality in Canada, there are different laws for different people. And of course this in itself promotes racism, because the citizens feel that they are being discriminated against, and they retaliate in protest. And the truly sad part is that the government desires this, because it pits Canadians against each other, so they don't unite together against the government. And of course this isn't just a Canadian issue, look at the BLM riots in the USA, where black rioters kill black citizens, because they are supposedly protesting discrimination against black people. And we have terrorists and criminals being hailed as heroes by some, because of their race. There are no race riots when the police kill a white criminal .
When it comes right down to it, most of this is a result of the media, who chooses to exploit every opportunity to promote racism and instigate racist attacks, supposedly in retaliation for other racist incidents.
Excellent post! The only thing missing is the governments pay/fund the media to do it.

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 06-28-2021, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcmm View Post
Excellent post! The only thing missing is the governments pay/fund the media to do it.
Pays the media to post only what they want, and now actually passes laws to regulate what individuals can post on social media, as well as what the media can post.
Old 06-28-2021, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
“We don’t like Muslim....”......or anyone else in our neighbourhood in an alley at 5:30 am who’s not from here.

Is there an article that explains what he was doing there in the first place?
According to the news the man was in the alley behind his own house. But that's the media so they must be lying. And he's an attention-seeking Muslim so he's lying too. They're making it all up just like the shooting at the mosque and vehicle attack in Quebec and the assaults in Calgary and Edmonton. Midgetwaiter has it right I think.
Old 06-28-2021, 08:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonob1 View Post
Funniest post of the week.
So, out of the approximate 2000 hate crimes reported to police in Canada per year, it is estimated that less than 5% actually file reports. I know, math is hard...

Jim
Old 06-28-2021, 09:50 AM

Now I am not stating that this is what happened in Saskatoon.
But there are a number of gangs on both the East and West sides of that city engaging in the drug trade, prostitution, and other criminal activities.
There are certain areas in that city where it is unsafe to walk around by yourself - even in broad daylight.
If you happen to be walking in a back alley alone in one of "their" areas or blocks you can expect some trouble - at any time of day.

Last edited by Buckhead; 06-28-2021 at 09:59 AM.
Old 06-28-2021, 09:54 AM

Pretty simple in today's woke world:

Minority steals a wallet from a white person = Robbery

White person steals a wallet from a minority = Hate Crime.
Old 06-28-2021, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McCracken View Post
Pretty simple in today's woke world:

Minority steals a wallet from a white person = Robbery

White person steals a wallet from a minority = Hate Crime.
And if a white person goes crazy and drives into or shoots a group of people, of any race other than his own, it's an act of terrorism, but if a minority purposely drives a vehicle into a crowd of people , or shoots multiple people, it's a mental illness caused by our oppressive society, even if he is carrying the ISIS flag and screaming death to the infidels, or something similar.
Most of what is reported, may have actually happened, but it often happened differently than reported, or for reasons other than reported.
The media should stick to reporting events, and let the public decide how to interpret those events. But of course that doesn't suit either the media agenda, or the political agenda.
Old 06-28-2021, 10:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
, but if a minority purposely drives a vehicle into a crowd of people , or shoots multiple people, it's a mental illness caused by our oppressive society, even if he is carrying the ISIS flag and screaming death to the infidels, or something similar.
If you can show me an example of this happening in Canada I will donate $100 to the charity of your choice immediately.

If you can’t I suggest you admit to exaggerating and think about that for a while.
Old 06-28-2021, 10:54 AM

I think a lot of the recent attacks are committed by mentally ill people and junkies; though surely some will be actual racists, but I think many incidents are addicts & lunatics talking smack. Sure, racists exist, but I don’t think it’s in the numbers that some claim. Of course there is also the racism between different non-white groups that never seems to get any coverage or acknowledgement, as well as the racism towards whites from some (CRT advocates for instance). Racism towards whites of course cannot be a thing, at least if you asked the CBC.

Lots of society has now grown up in a world where they’ve been trash talking in video games in their youth, and lots of that practice might rear its head as they age and get a few drinks in them. Racist smack talk certainly, but where they have friends of the same ethnicity of the person they’re ranting against, in which case it’s basically empty rhetoric rather than intent to commit genocide.

I’m sure there’s plenty of real racism, don’t get me wrong and think that I don’t believe it exists, it’s sure as hell out there too. I’m just saying there’s lots of ignorant drunk &/or drugged bravado racist empty rhetoric that muddies the card-carrying white supremacists from the random moron who is having a drunken beef with someone else of different pigmentation after getting kicked out of a bar.

I also think that there is an element of people who are sick of the ‘everything is racist’ rhetoric who then speak up against being subjected to accusations, and now those folks get painted with that very wide brush as well.

Is it on the increase? Real actual racism? Possibly, but it’s also cast in many directions. I’d not be surprised if a lot of the online rhetoric was driven by foreign instigators in the form of paid internet trolls. China, for example, would surely enjoy observing civil unrest and pro-communist ideology growing in the western world.

The recent publicity surrounding the awful neglect (and worse) at the residential schools is certainly angering and deserves investigation, it’s absolutely something to bring to light. Finding the causes of death for each of the children would be a start, for those that can be determined anyways. Is it something that people who had nothing whatsoever to do with should feel guilt about? Nope. Can we all strive do better as humans and friends? Absolutely.
Old 06-28-2021, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post
If you can show me an example of this happening in Canada I will donate $100 to the charity of your choice immediately.

If you can’t I suggest you admit to exaggerating and think about that for a while.
Trudeau refused to call the Toronto van attack , during which a Muslim killed 10 people and injured 16 others an act of terrorism yet he was quick to label the London attack which killed some Muslims, an act of terrorism. And no terrorism charges in the Edmonton vehicle assault, where an ISIS flag was found in the vehicle.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 06-28-2021 at 11:02 AM.
Old 06-28-2021, 10:58 AM

Quote:

I think this very thing happened in Edmonton only a few years back!

There are also many other links, ranging from Islamic vitims to Gay Pride parade victims.
Cat
Old 06-28-2021, 11:00 AM

Quote:

Short memory? Google ‘Edmonton van attack” and pick your favorite article.
Old 06-28-2021, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Short memory? Google ‘Edmonton van attack” and pick your favorite article.
The ISIS flag found in the vehicle was mentioned in several articles, yet no terrorism charges or labeling this as an act of terrorism by our PM, or by most media sources, even though the RCMP referred to it as an act of terrorism.
Old 06-28-2021, 11:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Trudeau refused to call the Toronto van attack , during which a Muslim killed 10 people and injured 16 others an act of terrorism
The perpetrator of that attack was pretty clear about why he did it, there was nothing to do with religion. Just because a person is of Persian decent it doesn't make them a Muslim any more that my German background would make me a Lutheran.

Quote:
And no terrorism charges in the Edmonton vehicle assault, where an ISIS flag was found in the vehicle.
No charges but it was investigated as such. If the crown doesn't find enough evidence to support the charge then they don't do it. That's how our system works.

You need to take a look at the information that's available, it's not hard to find.

Last edited by midgetwaiter; 06-28-2021 at 11:23 AM.
Old 06-28-2021, 11:26 AM

Quote:
The perpetrator of that attack was pretty clear about why he did it, there was nothing to do with religion. Just because a person is of Persian decent it doesn't make them a Muslim any more that my German background would make me a Lutheran.

No charges but it was investigated as such. If the crown didn't find enough evidence to support the charge then they don't do it. That's how our system works.

You need to take a look at the information that's available, it's not hard to find.
My statements were concerning the media and our government, and I was correct, as multiple other posters have pointed out.. But thank you, for winning a bet for me. Someone that knows you sent me a text convinced that you would own up to your bet and pay off, because you were wrong, they even suggested a charity to me, but I was sure that you would not admit your mistake, and I was right.
Old 06-28-2021, 11:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
My statements were concerning the media and our government, and I was correct, as multiple other posters have pointed out.. But thank you, for winning a bet for me. Someone that knows you sent me a text convinced that you would own up to your bet and pay off, because you were wrong, they even suggested a charity to me, but I was sure that you would not admit your mistake, and I was right.
IMO there’s reasonable space to disagree on the Edmonton incident but I suppose that’s on me for not making my position clear.

What charity would you like?
Old 06-28-2021, 11:44 AM

Quote:
IMO there’s reasonable space to disagree on the Edmonton incident but I suppose that’s on me for not making my position clear.

What charity would you like?
The charity suggested was the Hope Mission, water for the homeless. I am sure they would appreciate it in this heat.
Old 06-28-2021, 11:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
The charity suggested was the Hope Mission, water for the homeless. I am sure they would appreciate it in this heat.
Done.

To be clear, I think your point on the Edmonton incident is irrelevant but basically correct. You were not correct about the Toronto incident.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hope.jpg (56.0 KB, 46 views)
Old 06-28-2021, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Done.

To be clear, I think your point on the Edmonton incident is irrelevant but basically correct. You were not correct about the Toronto incident.
My respect pal, my respect! Not many people will put the money where their mouth is.
Old 06-28-2021, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Done.

I only needed one example, and I am hopeful that some people will enjoy some relief as a result of your donation.
Old 06-28-2021, 12:38 PM

Default Thumbs up!

Quote:
Done.
^^ *Like & Thx for being true to word!*
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hope.jpg (56.0 KB, 18 views)
Old 06-28-2021, 12:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
I only needed one example, and I am hopeful that some people will enjoy some relief as a result of your donation.
Would be nice if you could admit you were wrong about the Toronto incident though wouldn’t it? I tripped up on word choice and took my lumps. You posted unsubstantiated BS but aren’t acknowledging it.
Old 06-28-2021, 01:22 PM

Midgetwaiter is a class act. End of story.
Old 06-28-2021, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
There is no such thing as a "credible news" source any more. All news has an agenda either left or right.

CBC is at the top of that dung heap with biased reporting and should be defunded.
Old 06-28-2021, 02:08 PM

Who cares. Yes there are racist jerks in Canada like everywhere else in the world, that doesn't mean that everyone is a racist. This is an absolute nothing story, and should never have gotten the national news coverage that it already has. Just media outlets and social media users trying to outdo each other with their "wokeness" and "social justice" awareness.

No different that most large corporations doing all that they can to cash-in using terms like "Social Capital", "Community", "Solidarity", "Values" etc.

Being bombarded like this on a constant basis does nothing to prevent racism and promote equality and inclusiveness. If anything it does the exact opposite. People become so accustomed to hearing about certain topics that they become numb and the message is totally lost on them. A new version of Crying Wolf if you will.

But hey, it certainly takes the heat off of corrupt politicians and greedy corporations
Old 06-28-2021, 03:57 PM

Things will only get worse as the media and government keep promoting the racist agenda, and keep turning more people against each other. And with the new liberal censorship bills, they likely will make certain that the media is limited as to what they can report in the future, making things even worse. After the bills get passed, they may not even allow the race or religion of the offenders to be released, and possibly even the names if it gives away their race or religion.
Old 06-28-2021, 08:25 PM

I dont hate people of other races as the wife and I have many friends with different backgrounds however ive never in my life until the last few years had such a distaste for far left leaning liberals.be it coworkers,nieghbors and I hate to say it even some friends I just dont wont to be around them let alone listen to their mental illness.