Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-27-2021, 08:55 AM

Default Supposedly Racist Attacks on Canadian Streets. Why is this happening?

Good morning fellas. I woke this morning and read about another racially motivated attack on Canadian streets, this time against a muslim man in Saskatoon. Damn, I just can't remember these things happening in Canada.

Was walking the dog and wondering about the cause of them. I know there are not simplistic answers, yet at the same time, there must be a handful of contributing factors.

Is it the rise of a nationalistic alt-right movement here that caught fumes and fire from Trump's time in office?

Is it people growing frustrated with the woke left?

Is it a reaction from people sick and tired of Trudeau, and other politicians apologizing for what Canada is?

I am disheartened that these things are happening, but have no idea why they are happening.

You guys have any ideas?

Last edited by sns2; 06-27-2021 at 09:06 AM.
Old 06-27-2021, 09:04 AM

To me it is all the younger generation, hate on everything, police, Blacks, Muslims, Indigenous, and then the media is no help what so ever.
Old 06-27-2021, 09:06 AM

Problem is conspiracy sites online spouting blame and pointing false fingers at all sorts of groups.

It’s a sickness people get sucked into.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 06-27-2021, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Good morning fellas. I woke this morning and read about another racially motivated attack on Canadian streets, this time against a muslim man in Saskatoon. Damn, I just can't remember these things happening in Canada.

Was walking the dog and wondering about the cause of them. I know there are not simplistic answers, yet at the same time, there must be a handful of contributing factors.

Is it the rise of a nationalistic alt-right movement here that caught fumes and fire from Trump's time in office?

Is it a reaction from people sick and tired of Trudeau, and other politicians apologizing for what Canada is?

I am disheartened that these things are happening, but have no idea why they are happening.

You guys have any ideas?
Do you have a creditable link to this story? Has this encounter been video taped and do we get to see the whole encounter?
Or is this story just made up by the woke left?
Old 06-27-2021, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Problem is conspiracy sites online spouting blame and pointing false fingers at all sorts of groups.

It’s a sickness people get sucked into.
No worries, Trudeau will save us with Bill C 10. He knows what’s best for us
Old 06-27-2021, 09:11 AM

Society is becoming more political and politics is becoming more polarized. Right and left are moving further from center and the propaganda for each becomes stronger each day in reaction to the other side. On one side, we have those who are afraid of change and are unable to adapt. How many generations came before us who struggled with change? Yet somehow, they adapted. The other side seeks out anything they can to be offended by and to many of them, intent no longer matters. There are no grey areas, it's all "black or white". With the aid of the propaganda machines, society is becoming less understanding of the other and each other. I sit in the middle feeling as though I have no place in these times. The right will accuse me being a lefty and the left will accuse me of being a righty. Tough times these days for a centrist who doesn't want to pick sides.
Old 06-27-2021, 09:19 AM

White people are used to immigrants coming here and making an effort to assimilate. This is no longer happening as immigrants come and bring their cultures with them. This dream of Trudeau's, both of them, is not shared by old school Canadians. We want people to assimilate and for the most part welcome those that do, those that don't get a hard ride. This is ingrained in human nature, right or wrong. I believe that, not so much racism is the reason. People that stick out tend to get wacked by their fellow humans.

Thomas Sowell
Old 06-27-2021, 09:20 AM

I am also shocked to hear about a "racially motivated attack" in Canada.
So shocked in fact, I have a hard time believing it.

Not knowing anything about the story being referenced in this thread, my gut tells me this attack isn't purely racially motivated. I assume the media is playing up the race aspect of this crime.
We don't have people actively attacking people based on their race, but we do have a push by the media to make us think that we have regressed 50 years just out of the blue.
Old 06-27-2021, 09:23 AM

The problem is the Conservatives are busy trying to make ends meet, working hard to support a family ...the liberals are busy trying to live free off the backs of the hard working Conservative. end of story!!
Old 06-27-2021, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver lab View Post
Do you have a creditable link to this story? Has this encounter been video taped and do we get to see the whole encounter?
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...ault-1.6081071
Old 06-27-2021, 09:26 AM

The propaganda machine dividing everyone. Sure seems to be working. Politicians making their decisions base off of the flavour of the day in the media. There are ways of life and religions ect that many people don’t believe in, that’s doesn’t it make it ok to spew hate, and most don't. After 911 it doesn’t make it ok to burn down a mosque, after this resident school disaster doesn’t make it ok to deface a Catholic Church either. The media puts there spin on it and it’s different, some people are confused. Sparkle socks cry’s sometimes sometimes he doesn’t. Politicians grave dancing is as low as it gets.
Old 06-27-2021, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver lab View Post
https://thestarphoenix.com/news/loca...-saskatoon-man
Old 06-27-2021, 09:43 AM

I see multiple sides to this. The first is that the media tries to make every crime racist if possible, unless of course it is committed against white people . So the number of crimes labeled as racist by the media, is greatly overstated. And of course our government itself is racist, as are our very laws. There is no equality in Canada, there are different laws for different people. And of course this in itself promotes racism, because the citizens feel that they are being discriminated against, and they retaliate in protest. And the truly sad part is that the government desires this, because it pits Canadians against each other, so they don't unite together against the government. And of course this isn't just a Canadian issue, look at the BLM riots in the USA, where black rioters kill black citizens, because they are supposedly protesting discrimination against black people. And we have terrorists and criminals being hailed as heroes by some, because of their race. There are no race riots when the police kill a white criminal .
When it comes right down to it, most of this is a result of the media, who chooses to exploit every opportunity to promote racism and instigate racist attacks, supposedly in retaliation for other racist incidents.
Old 06-27-2021, 09:44 AM

I don’t know the motivation but these attacks on women wearing hijabs by men is pathetic and even more sad is the public who stand and watch offering no help

If someone sees this crap please give these spineless men a beating. I don’t care what you think of the religion it is uncalled for attacking women just because of their faith and they should not be afraid to go about their days

Myself I promise I will do more then watch or video or just call for help. It is wrong and people like who act like this should fear public reaction just as much as the law

Don’t just watch this stuff happen and do nothing it only makes it easier for these actions to continue if they go unchallenged
Old 06-27-2021, 09:51 AM

wish I could state things as clearly as you, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I see multiple sides to this. The first is that the media tries to make every crime racist if possible, unless of course it is committed against white people . So the number of crimes labeled as racist by the media, is greatly overstated. And of course our government itself is racist, as are our very laws. There is no equality in Canada, there are different laws for different people. And of course this in itself promotes racism, because the citizens feel that they are being discriminated against, and they retaliate in protest. And the truly sad part is that the government desires this, because it pits Canadians against each other, so they don't unite together against the government. And of course this isn't just a Canadian issue, look at the BLM riots in the USA, where black rioters kill black citizens, because they are supposedly protesting discrimination against black people. And we have terrorists and criminals being hailed as heroes by some, because of their race. There are no race riots when the police kill a white criminal .
When it comes right down to it, most of this is a result of the media, who chooses to exploit every opportunity to promote racism and instigate racist attacks, supposedly in retaliation for other racist incidents.
Old 06-27-2021, 09:51 AM

It's time to stop identifying people by skin color, race, ethnicity, religion, sex etc. how about anybody living in Canada is a Canadian we need to stop living in the past.

How can I answer the census question: what race are you?
in 1889 my mothers family were Russian and Belgium her mother was from Hungary on my fathers side German, Ukrainian we have no traditions, no lederhosen, my DNA is all over the world map.

I would like identify as a Canadian although that choice is unavailable.
Old 06-27-2021, 09:53 AM

Does seem a bit odd that there's been a rise in these types of assaults lately, and in Saskatoon and London of all places. At a time when our focus hasn't really been on the Muslim world.

I don't condone them but I do wonder how things would unfold if it was myself, in Iran etc, living life as though still in Canada, with other Canadians there, practicing my protestant beliefs, in my new protestant church, while expecting concessions to be made for me, my openly uncovered wife, and my religion. Not sure things would go so well for me as their governing bodies seems to be a little less accommodating on some issues.
Old 06-27-2021, 09:56 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

because there is no immediate harsh accountability for these actions....tenderize the ribs a bit before throwing them in cells but ohhh that would be too harsh on the poor fella who was turning his life around

truly sad.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-27-2021, 10:02 AM

Increased media sensationalism and coverage (possibly driven by foreign actors?)

Increased inter-cultural friction do to changing population dynamics

The rise of "Victimhood Culture"
Old 06-27-2021, 10:06 AM

I read the link to the story and now am even more skeptical.
5:30 in the morning a carload of guys stop to stab this guy and cut off his beard because he's a Muslim?
Sounds a little far fetched.
Old 06-27-2021, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Does seem a bit odd that there's been a rise in these types of assaults lately, and in Saskatoon and London of all places. At a time when our focus hasn't really been on the Muslim world.

I don't condone them but I do wonder how things would unfold if it was myself, in Iran etc, living life as though still in Canada, with other Canadians there, practicing my protestant beliefs, in my new protestant church, while expecting concessions to be made for me, my openly uncovered wife, and my religion. Not sure things would go so well for me as their governing bodies seems to be a little less accommodating on some issues.
I get what you are saying but in the end you have to break it down to it is wrong to treat another human being that way especially if they have done nothing to deserve it

To me it’s not a matter of race or religion it is a matter of how you treat others
Old 06-27-2021, 10:09 AM

Default if you think bill C-10 is bad

Wait till you see bill C-36 $20,000 payements to informers and $50,000 fines and imprisonment for the accused guilty or not.East Germany style politics are not dead yet.
Old 06-27-2021, 10:14 AM

Default Bill C-36

https://parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en/43.../first-reading
Old 06-27-2021, 10:19 AM

If we are bringing up racism I wonder who his attackers were? What is their culture and what are their origins? I didn’t see any mention in the news about the culture or nationality of the attackers. If you read the article and assumed because it’s hate motivated it must be one type of people? Is that not racism?

Last edited by ganderblaster; 06-27-2021 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-27-2021, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer2 View Post
Wait till you see bill C-36 $20,000 payements to informers and $50,000 fines and imprisonment for the accused guilty or not.East Germany style politics are not dead yet.
$20k payment is to the victim of the hate speech. Where do you get informer payments??? Please show me what I am missing.

Complaint substantiated — section 13
53.*1 If at the conclusion of an inquiry the member or panel conducting the inquiry finds that a complaint relating to a discriminatory practice described in section 13 is substantiated, the member or panel may make one or more of only the following orders against the person found to be engaging or to have engaged in the discriminatory practice:
(a) an order to cease the discriminatory practice and take measures, in consultation with the Commission on the general purposes of the measures, to redress the practice or to prevent the same or a similar practice from recurring;
(b) an order to pay compensation of not more than $20,000 to any victim personally identified in the communication that constituted the discriminatory practice, for any pain and suffering that the victim experienced as a result of that discriminatory practice, so long as that person created or developed, in whole or in part, the hate speech indicated in the complaint;
(c) an order to pay a penalty of not more than $50,000 to the Receiver General if the member or panel considers it appropriate having regard to the nature, circumstances, extent and gravity of the discriminatory practice, the wilfulness or intent of the person who is engaging or has engaged in the discriminatory practice, any prior discriminatory practices that the person has engaged in and the person’s ability to pay the penalty.
Old 06-27-2021, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
I read the link to the story and now am even more skeptical.
5:30 in the morning a carload of guys stop to stab this guy and cut off his beard because he's a Muslim?
Sounds a little far fetched.
I didn’t want to say anything from fear of the woke left. But I agree!! It even said he knew one of them (unless I read that wrong).
I can’t get over the 5:30am....
Old 06-27-2021, 10:32 AM

Default Rebel News

https://youtu.be/m2qjfOfIjnI
Old 06-27-2021, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
This is bang on!!! I grew up non predgudice and non racist. But since Trudeau started catering to special interest groups, I can't help but feel hatred towards them. They want equality then they should have to follow all the same rules and pay all the same taxes I do.
Old 06-27-2021, 10:48 AM

I certainly do not condone racial violence... especially on women but this is nothing compared to the dumps they came from. Media just has to pump it and pump it...lots of white people pushed down or beat up behind bars everyday but they don't get any ink . It's like were the bad guys in our own country and are censored and must tip toe around.
It's no secret who is getting shot and who is doing the shooting in Canada. That kind of violent behavour does not go over very good with most Canadians.
Old 06-27-2021, 10:48 AM

[QUOTE=sns2;4388483]Good morning fellas. I woke this morning and read about another racially motivated attack on Canadian streets, this time against a muslim man in Saskatoon. Damn, I just can't remember these things happening in Canada.

PLEASE, dont Drag Trump into the fire of race and discrimination that your dealing with and will continue to endure with the Liberal Prime Minister ruling your overburdened society. All of most of our race related hate and division was the product of Obama.
as Cement made comments earlier, that i totally agree with. Were all on a slippery slope and it seems no matter what is said and or done the wedge goes deeper and divides further.
All I can do is others maintain, Treat people fairly, take kindness on those that deserve and give people a fair shake.
But that does not make me forget how my life was and how my struggles were. I DO NOT owe anyone else for what others have done or did.