Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-08-2024, 01:35 PM

Default RWS .22 wmr

I'm looking for RWS .22 wmr ammunition. If anyone has any leads on a source I'd appreciate hearing it.
Old 03-09-2024, 02:13 PM

I have some Winchester I would sell but I haven't seen RWS anywhere in the last 2 or 3 years. Not even sure you can currently order it in Canada.
Old 03-09-2024, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
I have some Winchester I would sell but I haven't seen RWS anywhere in the last 2 or 3 years. Not even sure you can currently order it in Canada.
Thank you for the offer but I have a healthy supply of various brands and I’m really just very curious in trying a top shelf shell that is built with hunting in mind. So far l’m having my best results in my Krico with federal 50 grain jacketed hollow points but the RWS SP seems like it was put together as a purpose built accurate hunting round that I’d really like to try out. Unfortunately it seems to be impossible to find.
Old 03-10-2024, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
Thank you for the offer but I have a healthy supply of various brands and I’m really just very curious in trying a top shelf shell that is built with hunting in mind. So far l’m having my best results in my Krico with federal 50 grain jacketed hollow points but the RWS SP seems like it was put together as a purpose built accurate hunting round that I’d really like to try out. Unfortunately it seems to be impossible to find.
The RWS 22 Mag is great ammo. Far more accurate than any others I ever tried, but it is also costs 50% more. For low volume hunting no big deal, but not what I would use it on gophers and the like. Stoeger is the distributor, might want to give them a call and see if they can tell you who might have some or when they expect to see the next batch. RWS is usually pretty good at supplying product.
Old 03-10-2024, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
The RWS 22 Mag is great ammo. Far more accurate than any others I ever tried, but it is also costs 50% more. For low volume hunting no big deal, but not what I would use it on gophers and the like. Stoeger is the distributor, might want to give them a call and see if they can tell you who might have some or when they expect to see the next batch. RWS is usually pretty good at supplying product.
I've noticed the price on ammo listed in the US and it does seem to be on the pricey side for sure, but I'm only looking for a few boxes so I'm not that worried about it. After playing around with a walther .22 it really became obvious that there is a big difference between the more common shells and some of the more expensive brands. I've tried a few of the Eley shells and I've definately noticed a difference. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be that much choice for the .22 wmr. Both of my current 22 wrm are pretty accurate as is, but I suspect that like a .22, high grade ammo may move them to the next level.