Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-13-2021, 03:23 PM

Default Undersubscribed changes??

Am I reading it correctly--the draw results are tomorrow morning AND at the same time undersubscribed is also announced AND one is able to get an undersubscribed license. If that is true it is quite a change from past years where there was a week or two to prepare. BEL
Old 07-13-2021, 03:31 PM

Good catch! I would have been screwed....along with most others that were looking to get one...

I owe you a beer!

Old 07-13-2021, 09:30 PM

To purchase is it similar to normal draws - go in, put in the draw code and add to my cart? Reading the above it sounds more like I need to call or access a completely different part of the app/site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-13-2021, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_charlie View Post
To purchase is it similar to normal draws - go in, put in the draw code and add to my cart? Reading the above it sounds more like I need to call or access a completely different part of the app/site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just go on AlbertaRELM and purchase undersubscribed tags. Choose which one you want and add to cart.
Old 07-14-2021, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
Just go on AlbertaRELM and purchase undersubscribed tags. Choose which one you want and add to cart.
Yeah, that worked well for another government department when they opened up reserve.albertaparks.ca this year..... I tried on opening day and there was only 6500 people ahead of me and a 4 hour wait time.

This morning *may* be a gong show....

J.
Old 07-14-2021, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrayford View Post
Yeah, that worked well for another government department when they opened up reserve.albertaparks.ca this year..... I tried on opening day and there was only 6500 people ahead of me and a 4 hour wait time.

This morning *may* be a gong show....

J.
I was thinking the same thing when I first heard the draw results and undersubscribed tag purchases were going to be available at the same time this year. I figured the government would have learned their lesson on past crashes/overloads/backlogs but that doesn't seem to be the case.....
Fingers crossed that they've addressed past issues and this morning goes smoothly for hunters.
Old 07-14-2021, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7magtime View Post
I was thinking the same thing when I first heard the draw results and undersubscribed tag purchases were going to be available at the same time this year. I figured the government would have learned their lesson on past crashes/overloads/backlogs but that doesn't seem to be the case.....
Fingers crossed that they've addressed past issues and this morning goes smoothly for hunters.

draw results are already available on the app so there wont be that many people checking their results online
Old 07-14-2021, 10:15 PM

They said same thing last year, but it was not at the same time. Not available now either, right?
The change is the draw result for mully as late as antelope, that is new
Old 07-14-2021, 11:54 PM

^ Undersubscribed tags are available to buy since this morning. I picked up a moose tag myself.
Old 07-15-2021, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
^ Undersubscribed tags are available to buy since this morning. I picked up a moose tag myself.
Yup. I grabbed a 530 antlered moose tag myself as did quite a few friends. I’d say most people didn’t know the undersubscribed dates changed this year to open on the same day as the draw date. Usually, within 10 minutes every undersubscribed tag up here is gone but there were still ones available yesterday at 7pm.
Old 07-15-2021, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
Doesn't work on the app.
Old 07-15-2021, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
Yup. I grabbed a 530 antlered moose tag myself as did quite a few friends. I’d say most people didn’t know the undersubscribed dates changed this year to open on the same day as the draw date. Usually, within 10 minutes every undersubscribed tag up here is gone but there were still ones available yesterday at 7pm.
Perhaps. I grabbed one in 520 (November). These usually stick around for a day or two. There were still some left today last I checked.

The zone (rather the boundary of it) is only half an hour or so from me, but I never hunted there much. Will be a new one for me. I have been looking at those undersubscribed 520 tags a few years now. By the time I made up my mind last year, they were gone, lol. Will be competing with the native guys and wolves. Shouldn’t be too bad though (hopefully).
Old 07-15-2021, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC1 View Post
Doesn't work on the app.
You can’t purchase it in the app itself. In the app, you tap on that menu in the upper left corner and select “Purchase Online”. It will take you to this screen:

Click “Purchase License” under Hunting, Sportfishing, etc. It will take to the AlbertaRELM website in your browser, where you will have to log in and navigate to the “Purchase” -> “Hunting Licenses” in the menu (upper left corner):

Buy the license. You will need a blank tag in order to make the purchase.

You can also go straight to RELM website without the app.
Old 07-19-2021, 11:00 PM

Here's something I came across when I purchased my undersubscribed today.

Our farm is in 106 and I was surprised to see that Antlerless WT was undersubscribed in 106. I selected the license and it wanted me to enter 2 tag numbers. I tried entering only 1, but it insisted that I enter 2. I called the 1-800 #, and the lady on the line was as confused as I was. There seemed to be no harm or foul so I entered both tags and it said I only had 1 license in my cart. I bought the license and it gave me 2 tag #s on 1 license.

I can only think that because the official reg booklet isn't out yet, and with the new study on CWD that 106 might be becoming an "All Deer Head Submission"

Thoughts?
Old 07-20-2021, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pynchie View Post
Here's something I came across when I purchased my undersubscribed today.

Our farm is in 106 and I was surprised to see that Antlerless WT was undersubscribed in 106. I selected the license and it wanted me to enter 2 tag numbers. I tried entering only 1, but it insisted that I enter 2. I called the 1-800 #, and the lady on the line was as confused as I was. There seemed to be no harm or foul so I entered both tags and it said I only had 1 license in my cart. I bought the license and it gave me 2 tag #s on 1 license.

I can only think that because the official reg booklet isn't out yet, and with the new study on CWD that 106 might be becoming an "All Deer Head Submission"

Thoughts?
Some licenses come with two tags...