Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-23-2018, 06:02 AM

Default Fishing Regulations

One must be careful which Alberta Fishing Regulations you go by as they're not all the same. For years I went by the "Alberta Fishing Guide. Com" just one click and you have the regs for a lake you're searching for. I thought it was the same as The Alberta Fishing Regs book... I'm not a book person but more of a "one click" type!
But have just learned that one has to go by the book only! As you can see here there is a slight discrepancy. So if you're like me and rely on the Internet for the "one click" experience as I'm sure there are others out there checking on the Alberta Fishing Guide.com beware! Now can you imagine if I'd been caught with 3 pike over 63cm and it's really 0 keep!! WoW! LOL!

AB Fish Regs.jpg

AB Fishingguide.com.jpg
Old 12-23-2018, 06:56 AM

That fishing guide website is private, not government. Use at your own risk.
Old 12-23-2018, 07:08 AM

Alta fishing guide, IFish, and others to name a few are just publications and have nothing to do with official regs. Lots of incorrect info on these sites. If you want regs go to the official site and get them there. This last year especially as even the govt made a mess of the regs and made a pile of changes after a lot of other places had already published there's so even more wrong info than usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker2 View Post
One must be careful which Alberta Fishing Regulations you go by as they're not all the same. For years I went by the "Alberta Fishing Guide. Com" just one click and you have the regs for a lake you're searching for. I thought it was the same as The Alberta Fishing Regs book... I'm not a book person but more of a "one click" type!
But have just learned that one has to go by the book only! As you can see here there is a slight discrepancy. So if you're like me and rely on the Internet for the "one click" experience as I'm sure there are others out there checking on the Alberta Fishing Guide.com beware! Now can you imagine if I'd been caught with 3 pike over 63cm and it's really 0 keep!! WoW! LOL!

Attachment 151572

Attachment 151573