Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-26-2021, 02:56 PM

Default Does anyone wear battery operated mitts/gloves??

Like Zip-n-Z in the Battery operated electric socks thread; in my younger days I froze a couple of toes as well as a couple fingers.

There is not a lot of positive information on battery operated hand wear.
- poor battery life
- not enough heat
- whether they are $45 to $300

I am looking for battery mitts/gloves and would like to hear of your experience?

Right now I wear mitts with chemical hand warmers......They don't do it well enough for me.

Thanks in advance?

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.

Last edited by graybeard; 01-26-2021 at 03:04 PM.
Old 01-26-2021, 04:23 PM

Default Activheat.com

I use both the gloves and glove liners from Activheat and have no complaints, I have a couple of the rechargeable batteries for each and that will usually get me through the day. The liners are nice because you can wear them on their own or inside any mitt or glove.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:56 PM

My wife gave me a pair of 'Power in Motion' heated glove liners - and they're terrific! I've used them just as gloves for light duty like walking the dog, but had Coy Coyote - from this forum, make me some elk-hide 'gauntlet' style gloves to wear over them for hunting & serious work. They're made in Calgary by a fellow with a bike shop, who couldn't find a reliable pair of heated gloves for winter bicycling. But they're now mostly purchased by people who work outdoors all day. He has a store-front in Calgarys' Eau Claire Market, and an excellent website (Power in Motion) - but my wife bought mine at our local bike shop in Canmore. Expensive - but IMO, worth the comfort when hunting! I'd like to get some boot warmers as well.