Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2019, 09:55 AM

Thumbs up the 2019 Auction Fundraiser For Ian Skerry is done. Thanks everyone!!

A fellow outdoorsman lost his home and was burned in the fire. He is in the Hospital. We have done these in the past, they have been a lot of fun and very helpful.

Lefty-Canucks' friend Ian Skerry lost his house in the explosion. Ian is a hunter, fisherman, archer, he is one of us.

We will run a 2 day staggered auction. Every 6 hours after the first day during the day another item will be added, until there are no more items donated. We will give each item 48 hours from the time it was listed. All funds will go directly to Lefty Canuck, make the cheques/money order etc payable to Ian Skerry, please.

THE RULES:
*If you are giving an item, make sure it is sent out when the auction ends. Please do not say 'for pick up only' because I am not driving to Calgary or Saskatoon or Grand Cache for a widget I bought. These fundraisers are to help a family, make some new friends, and get to know your neighbors that aren't real close, not just catering to people in the same city or county. Shipping is a form of Paying it Forward. We will try and coordinate AO Pony Express as much as possible too. (The buyer can choose to pay for shipping if he/she wants, just let me know when the auction ends)

*- if you want to donate something please PM me with the description and a picture of the item if applicable, along with the rough value of the item. I will add the items to the auction which keeps everything straight. We have done this lots, it is the easiest way. I will say what the minimum bid increments are for each item.

*When you win an auction, get the money to Lefty-Canuck. The family needs it now, not later down the road when your package arrives.

Canada Post is offering Free shipping Tuesdays, that might help for some items? (thanks Walter!!!)
https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/bus...url|pdn|or|807

If you do not like the rules, do not participate. If you feel the need to fight, PM me, lets not mess up a good fundraiser, PLEASE?

I am not doing inventory on the items. Keep track yourself, please.

These were always for the most part fun, and we like surprise box donations too. Bidding on a surprise box seems to garner almost as good a result as a Mudcake, hey Dave???

First item:

New in box never used, Starting bid $40 and minimum $5 increments, please. I will get it to you. likely on Free Mail Tuesday. Auction ends 10:AM Friday October 4.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....

Last edited by Ken07AOVette; 10-02-2019 at 10:08 AM.