Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 10:43 AM
Banned

I can't believe people are in any way, shape, or form bashing Elk for his decision the share his tag with anyone he chooses, and especially a youth hunter!!!

Good on you Elk!

I know where there are a pile of mule deer, they were wiped out pretty bad a few years back but they are rebounding and there are some bucks in the 140-160 range nowadays. If you guys are interested let me know. This might have been my year as I'm a priority 6 but it's usually on P7 before you get the draw.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:58 AM

Is this about the kid, the buck or advertising a good gesture??
Old 06-13-2018, 12:42 PM

Would the people who don't agree with you adding a kid on as a partner have a different opinion if you offered the tag to them or one of their children?
Old 06-13-2018, 12:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hawken View Post
There’s lots of mule deer in the province why not let home put in for his own draw and wait like a lot of us did. I guess I look back when I started hunting over 30 years ago I looked forward to putting in for draws with Dad even though it took awhile to get. If he gets a chance to shoot a deer with someone else’s tag will it be the memory he wants. In a world that youth feel entitled maybe a wait is not a bad idea.
When you started Mule hunting, you could buy a tag over the counter.
But thanks for trying to kill this. My guess is that there would be 20 guys lined up to come watch this happen. Let the joy happen...
Old 06-13-2018, 12:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper View Post
Is this about the kid, the buck or advertising a good gesture??
All of the above!!!!
Old 06-13-2018, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
I can't believe people are in any way, shape, or form bashing Elk for his decision the share his tag with anyone he chooses, and especially a youth hunter!!!
The sad thing is that I can believe it!

The only thing I will say is I hope that Elk and sn2 Jr. have a enjoyable and memorable hunt.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:09 PM

Shame to waste priority on a P6 Or P7.
If the priority is already a P13 then I would research those areas that require the highest priority and fit within the stated travel/distance limitation to maximize the benefit of this extraordinary gesture on behalf of Elk.

Assuming of course that the highest priority requirement areas have shown to produce good deer and not just over subscribed for some unrelated reason..
Old 06-13-2018, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post

Good on you Elk!

I know where there are a pile of mule deer, they were wiped out pretty bad a few years back but they are rebounding and there are some bucks in the 140-160 range nowadays. If you guys are interested let me know. This might have been my year as I'm a priority 6 but it's usually on P7 before you get the draw.
X2. If I never pulled the trigger on another animal it wouldn’t bother me, but I sure enjoy watching my wife and son shoot game.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:43 PM

How is anyone trying to twist this into anything more than a kind gesture?
Get it together people.

Oh no, a new hunter might end up with a great hunt, not having to wait for it.
So, same mind set. It has taken some of us many years to connect on booner deer. Why should a new person get a good one? I know I won't let my kids shoot a monster for their first deer....

Who ever thinks that if a kid gets a trophy for their first animal, it's going to ruin hunting? If you think shooting a world class animal ruins anything for you well, then you have never harvested a BIG deer. Just makes you want it more.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:16 PM

Sad.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:21 PM

As I said in my original post, feel free to shoot me a pm if you'd like. Who knows, there is a good chance I may be able to reciprocate with some intel also depending on what your hunting/fishing tastes lean towards. You never know, we may even end up getting together for a hunt of a different species if the stars align, as one good turn deserves another. I have met some of the best kind of people off AO in just this very way.

Unfortunately, this one has hit the ditch a long time ago. That's a wrap.
Closed Thread