Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-18-2018, 06:15 PM

If a person knows they're going to tie one on, take a cab where you're going so you don't have the temptation to drive nor the worry about leaving your wheels somewhere that its likely to be broken into or stolen.

On those odd occasions where you're being spontaneous and bump into some friends and have a few, call one of the designated driving services.

Some people here seem to not know what spontaneity is, one can mix it with responsibility.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
If a person knows they're going to tie one on, take a cab where you're going so you don't have the temptation to drive nor the worry about leaving your wheels somewhere that its likely to be broken into or stolen.

On those odd occasions where you're being spontaneous and bump into some friends and have a few, call one of the designated driving services.

Some people here seem to not know what spontaneity is, one can mix it with responsibility.
Sorry Caber....But sometimes " **** happens"....

I would love to plan ahead every day of my life but as they say.."curveball"...
Old 06-18-2018, 08:09 PM

I was agreeing with you! Just noting to the prohibitionists that once in a while a fellow might have a few wobbly pops that he had not planned ahead for, and that one can institute plan B when that happens.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot Rite View Post
I might add that it was on a street in a residential area and not in a parking lot. I was actually parked in front of some houses.

Bobby
So they have a 2 hr parking bylaw in a residential area?
If so, did you know that? I assume they would have it signed up.
If so, is your issue with 2 tickets ? I would be pee'd getting 2 but wouldn't expect any sympathy getting 1.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Guy View Post
So they have a 2 hr parking bylaw in a residential area?
If so, did you know that? I assume they would have it signed up.
If so, is your issue with 2 tickets ? I would be pee'd getting 2 but wouldn't expect any sympathy getting 1.
I knew there was a 2 hr. limit but I didn't want to drive drinking and kinda over slept the next morning. I can understand one but two in 2.5 hours. If I park here I'm screwed and if I drive i'm more screwed.
Protested it yesterday at city hall and filled out my grievance so a letter will be forthcoming as far as the outcome.

Bobby
Old 06-19-2018, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot Rite View Post
I knew there was a 2 hr. limit but I didn't want to drive drinking and kinda over slept the next morning. I can understand one but two in 2.5 hours. If I park here I'm screwed and if I drive i'm more screwed.
Protested it yesterday at city hall and filled out my grievance so a letter will be forthcoming as far as the outcome.

Bobby
I hope they tear up the tickets, but even if they don't, kudos to you for doing the right thing.

EDIT to add: Maybe MADD should pay your ticket? I'm only partially joking..
Old 06-19-2018, 09:05 AM

I flat out filled out that grievance report at city hall yesterday and why I contested it and I wrote that I had too much to drink. Its not that much money but just trying to do the responsible thing.

Bobby