Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-13-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Hunter Okotoks View Post
Liberals can't help but be liberals; they just can't. That means that there is a complete lack of common sense- such as believing that taking away rights and freedoms from non-criminals will stop criminals from being criminals. It just doesn't work that way. In Europe, men are criminally charged for whistling at women under new misogyny laws, but not one person has been charged in over 5000 cases of female genital mutilation crimes. The liberals sweat the small stuff while massive injustices are ignored out of convenience. I hate to say it, but I don't know if the firearms community will stick together as a group in order to stop government over-reach. If the firearm's owner who has one bolt action rifle and a pump shotgun is willing to accept any new laws that don't affect him because he doesn't own any semi auto shotguns or any rimfires that are capable of holding more than 5 rounds, then firearms owners will lose all of their rights and freedoms and lose their property; it's just a matter of time.
Firearms owners will not stick together, the posts on this forum make that very obvious. Some owners will accept all semi auto centerfires being banned or restricted, because they don't own any. Then when they come for the semi auto rimfires and shotguns, there will be a bit of an outcry, but we will lose them anyways. Them when they come for the pump and lever actions, some people will have already given up, so the outcry will be even smaller. The government will divide and conquer until only the criminals and the police/military have firearms.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
This is the mentality of idiots today,let’s fix things that ain’t broke, why worry about the the real problems ie. opioid crisis? Knives kill more people than guns, let’s ban knives as well! We as society have to put our foot down and stop electing, useless, delusional, incompetent, halfwits! This whole thing is about people jumping on the band wagon, we don’t have leaders, we have mindless sheep, that are incapable of thinking for themselves, sure do miss the glory days of Ralph Klein
Most of the moves made by our leaders are very well thought out. Politicians have their own agenda. They do not do what is good for the economy or the people. They do what is good for their own political careers at the time. Depends on where they are, who they are speaking to and what they " think " those people want to hear. Just the way TURDO said we have to shut down the oil sands when out east and then next week, when in the west said he misspoke.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raw outdoors View Post
The way I look at it witch is probably crazy, let them ban every firearm in Canada for ten years, keep everyone’s turned-in firearms in-cases and stored properly, government sould pay me top dollar for my firearms and accessories for the opertunity to hold them and for reassurance they will return in the same condition after 5 years. I mean every firearm cops, military,security guards they all need to be confiscated.

I will hunt with a archery tackle those five years.

If that was implemented the amount of firearm violence in this country would explode with all the gangs and such morons that will always have firearms. The anti gun people will be begging for anyone to come to there rescue. Maybe we should come to the rescue survival of the fittest.

But if the antis got rid of firearms they would be board and start on something else probably bow and arrows and gasoline vehicles

I don’t know just a goofy idea I had what do you think?

Personally I think we all should have them and be able to do whatever we want with them. I have so much invested it would probably pay for our new house if I was compensated for firearms and accessories. I own black,green,semi,long short, wood , plastic, takedown, scary looking, not scary looking, antique, collectable, concealable, black powder, decorative. I personally like them all because the are amazing inventions from an old single shot brake action all the way up to the newest bull pup semi auto intricit action. I like shooting them cleaning them and teaching others about them. I am a farm kid and always will be. Your not going to change my anti gun control mindset but we all need to try figure out a solution that’s going to prove to the stupids of Canada that taking guns away and restricting them won’t change a thing and possible make things worse.

A high percentage of people don’t own guns so they don’t care ether way unless it’s going to cost them money. So if the government has to pay billions of dallars to gun owners and that money is coming from the tax payer they might go hey I don’t want to pay for that so let’s just not do it and be done with this shananagans.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:58 AM
Banned

Lord ! I dislike those whining , slithering reptile liberals!
Completely out of touch with the real world , reality !
Just imagine IF the death count was as high or even close to fentinall
and alcohol ravage , by firearms what a rage and uproar this country would be in , But no , lets attack gun owners and hunters , THAT in a liberals view is the real scourge that has to be eliminated !
Old 03-13-2018, 01:21 PM

Default You forgot something

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabbo View Post
Most of the moves made by our leaders are very well thought out. Politicians have their own agenda. They do not do what is good for the economy or the people. They do what is good for their own political careers at the time. Depends on where they are, who they are speaking to and what they " think " those people want to hear. Just the way TURDO said we have to shut down the oil sands when out east and then next week, when in the west said he misspoke.
You forgot that they also do things that are good for their bank accounts. My guess is this new legislation has George Soros's money all over it.
Old 03-13-2018, 01:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg View Post
You forgot that they also do things that are good for their bank accounts. My guess is this new legislation has George Soros's money all over it.
Yep. Would also explain the high-emotion outburst at the hint of some dissention. Actually, that level of emotion would actually show signs of desperation. It is an interesting situation.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:27 PM

I believe in powerin numbers. Every one who likes guns should own an AR. Fantastic platform. I think it’s time to start writing letters to your MLA, Goodale, and the turd.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:05 PM
Banned

I'll reply in writing to our elected politicians both liberal and conservative once the liberals have unveiled their proposed changes.
Until then all this is heresay.

I'm very concerned regarding the emotional stupidity of our elected liberal party.

I will not react to fake news and heresay.

Old 03-14-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357Maximum View Post
I'll reply in writing to our elected politicians both liberal and conservative once the liberals have unveiled their proposed changes.

I'm very concerned regarding the emotional stupidity of our elected liberal party.

Act now!..... Not acting now and waiting till the bill is public is not wise. In fact, at that point, it may be too late.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:42 AM

Default A good read

https://calibremag.ca/why-guns-are-p...-a-case-study/

An good read for anyone interested.

This was particularly interesting;

"And who, or what is to blame for this situation? Recent headlines proclaiming that so-called “crime guns” are now being sourced domestically. Shoddily run polls indicating that over 80% of Canadians support a new gun ban. A national media machine that is so entrenched in their vilification of the firearm that they suffer lapses of critical thought when such headlines and polls are announced. Cowardly politicians that prefer to toe the party line rather than vote according to their conscience or their constituency.

And us. Yes, us.

Because we don’t push back. There’s two million of us in this country. That’s over 5% of the total population. That makes us one of the largest voting blocks in the country. And we do not speak up. We do not demand action from media outlets repeating questionable poll results. We do not publicly and vehemently boycott companies that denigrate our hobby and our possessions. We do not email, call, and build relationships with our elected officials. We allow ourselves and our possessions to be thrown left and right by political parties looking to curry favour with groups far smaller than our own… because they know we won’t unify and cooperate, that we won’t take control of the rhetoric, that we won’t produce consequences for our mistreatment at their hands. They know all we’ll do is launch a personal slacktivist campaign in our preferred echo chamber, be it reddit, Canadian Gun Nutz, Gun Owners of Canada or any number of Facebook pages, and we’ll preach to our choir. Or maybe we’ll hit the occasional CTV poll of the day. “I’m helping.” But we won’t put up any real fight.

And it is time for that to stop. It is time for all of us to take responsibility for ourselves tell these politicians, media outlets, and companies that we will not stand for it any more. Because if we do not stand up and make ourselves heard we will be the last generation of Canadians to own firearms."
Old 03-15-2018, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
If you think that once firearms are banned, that they would ever be legalized again, you are dreaming. As far as the government compensating firearms owns with replacent cost if firearms are banned, good luck with that. They might be okay when some people turn in firearms worth a thousand dollars or less, but some of us have firearms/ammunition that total well into six figures. I don't see the government handing over six figures in compensation.
The first step for a tyrannical gov't to implement is to disarm the public, history has proven this time & time again( google -Josey The Outlaw) on Y-tube/--- hence - no resistance. I thought those bastards were elected buy the people( in our present case/ not very bright ones) FOR-the people. This never ends, once elected, they always seem to think that YOUR-there to serve them & they'll tell you how things will be done/ whether you like it or not. There needs to be public consultation reg: major changes , such as firearm laws--not just politician input---- very disturbing.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357Maximum View Post

The gun bill is here now............
Not fake news and heresy.............
Old 03-21-2018, 12:37 PM

Heresy or hearsay?
Old 03-21-2018, 02:08 PM

Ahhh not again.....
Better get writing letters and making phone calls..
Old 03-21-2018, 02:16 PM

Conservative Gov't for 2019....
Old 03-22-2018, 03:02 PM

By the look of it, in a private transaction, if you don't call in and get a reference number for a sale, that could be grounds to revoke your PAL, which in turn results in forfeiture of all of your firearms to the gov't.
So, seeing as they laid off a lot of the people in Miramichi after turfing the registry, have they made provision to restaff it? How many staff are there now, how many have to be hired to administer this alone. So, for example, next year at the Calgary gun show---how many people will have to wait til Monday to get the reference number to be able to make the sale and to be able to pickup their purchase? Or Tuesday or Wednesday or Thursday or Friday? or the next week? And, then pay freight to have it shipped to them, because either they or the dealer, lives in a different town or province. Then translate that to gun shows across Canada year round. If you advertise a gun for sale online, or bought one, there is a record you sold or bought one, no reference number? You are up the creek come PAL renewal if they check that, and you get to lose the rest of your guns. Unlikely they will spend that much time and energy on it, but......
That is all the same procedure as the registry was.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:22 PM

It’s going to cost just as much as an actual registry. The liberals are scum.