Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-21-2018, 08:50 AM

Default Sako L61R 20 MOA Rail Help!!

Hi All,

I recently received my Sako L61R back from having a new stock made for it. I am now looking to install a 20 MOA rail and scope onto the rifle. I have done some searching on Google for a 20 MOA rail to fit my rifle and haven’t being able to find much. From what I have found, that may be due to Sakos’ tapered dovetail mount system.

I did find one site that said you could use a rail made for a 75/85 series. I compared my L61R to my 85. With the naked eye they look relatively close as far as taper goes. The length seemed to be different, however one rifle is a long action and one is a medium action.

I’m hoping someone on here may have ran into this before and found a solution and can help me in finding a rail for my rifle.

Thanks in advance.

DR
Old 03-21-2018, 06:56 PM

Look up Richard Near in Camrose. He may be able to help. I don't have his number in front of me.
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" 1935-Adolf Hitler
Old 03-22-2018, 10:15 AM

Just got off the phone with him. He had exactly what I was looking for. Hoping to receive it tomorrow.

DR