Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-04-2007, 07:39 AM

Default Browny Points how do you earn them?

So we all know that the ellusive browny point is extremly hard to acquire, sometimes taking weeks or even months to pocket even one. They are very mysterious in thier ability to vanish in a blink of an eye, and some even say they are just a myth or legend from days gone by. Well I'm here to tell you they are real and I actaully had one in my hand this last Monday. The day started with one of my boys and I heading south of town where the plan was to tow a large rock up out of a coulee and winch it into the truck. Once it was in the truck the plan was to get it home and place it in the brides back yard with out her knowing. All went well and as planned. When my little bride of many years came home she was so impressed with the new addition to her rock collection she got on the phone to who I suspect were the point police and before long there was a knock at the door and FedEx had a package for me with 1 point inside of it. I hadn't seen a point for so long I was taken aback and quickly stuck it deep in my pocket. As the day wore on I was beginning to feel the burden that comes with the responsability of owning a point. It was like the constant pressure of 10 pound fishline pulling me down.
I had to do something and I had to do it fast before I was taken over by the point. Well I saw an oppertunity later in the day and asked if she [the bride]
was going to wear the shirt she had on when we went out for supper. The look I got coupled with the immediate release of the point weight was almost as good as the feeling you get watching an opening day sunrise. I was back on the turf I was used to, one point down and loving every minute of it.

Old 07-04-2007, 10:03 AM
Gone Hunting

I too have been where you were Grasshopper. I rejoice that you managed to get out from under the terror of trying to hold the point and never knowing when it will be snatched from you.
Well done!! my brother, Well Done!!!
We live to whine another day.

BTW great landscape job. and I know about landscaping.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:11 AM

Nice yard.
Too bad bout them points.
Personally never cherished them, and never really needed em anyways.
Remember, it's easier to beg for forgiveness than to seek approval before hand.

There are no absolutes
Old 07-04-2007, 11:04 AM
Gamehunter

Default Browny point's

:

Last edited by Gamehunter; 07-22-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:59 PM

The thing about brownie points is that they have a VERY short shelf life and now matter how many you gather they wither on the vine as fast as you earn them. My last attempt was a brand new Audi for an anniversary present. Surprise present in front of an entire restuarant, tears, clapping...I was untouchable...by the next Monday all those points were gone and now all I have to show for it is a car payment and my regular rotation of picking up dog crap in the backyard.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:43 PM

It is truely a shame that the points are so fleeting but you also have to remember that the fairer sex doesn't even look at them the same as we do.
For instance - you would think that if one rose is worth one point then a dozen of them would be worth a dozen points - nope - still only one point. To make matters worse you would think that a new house would be worth a gazillion points - nope again - still only one point.

Stock up on all the little things you can - they all count

Gerry
Old 07-04-2007, 06:14 PM

(sound of whip cracking)
Some of you guys need to grow some...
Old 07-05-2007, 07:23 AM

HTML Code:
Some of you guys need to grow some...
In the 29 years I've been with the little bride I've grown em, lost em, misplaced em, found em, damaged em, healed em, lost em again, found em again but one things for certian with out some points you'll never use em.
This was our little patch of dirt 2 years ago.