Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-23-2017, 04:22 AM

Default Rem 700 what mag kit to buy?

Im not rich otherwise i would just take it to alberta tactical and get them to do it up as well i would have something worth way more then a rem 700.

So what would you recommend for a long action (30-06) mag kit to put in it, i would love to just put in the bottom metal so i could use the pinch both sides of the mag ones that rem makes on the rifles these days but i dont realy know where to look, it is a wood stock and i can handle inleting it on my own too so thats a big plus.

I would look at trading someone there stock/mag set up if they wanted a BDL stock with a floor plate or a nice 4-16x44 varmint scope with yds dial and mill dots have the box too from Hawke really nice was clover leafing at 250yds with a 260 i had it on and did a 6" group at 500yds with wind gusting
Old 01-23-2017, 07:17 AM

I have a Kwik Klip on a BDL, which with a little bit of minor sanding on the internal part of the stock mag location it fits and functions well. The mag is a steel very robust clip. Some folks don't like the setup but has functioned well for me.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:52 AM

[QUOTE=spinningchain1;3451029]

So what would you recommend for a long action (30-06) mag kit to put in it, i would love to just put in the bottom metal so i could use the pinch both sides of the mag ones that rem makes on the rifles these days /QUOTE]

Pretty sure you cant do that the detachable mag actions from remington are different from the bdl
Old 01-23-2017, 08:08 AM

[QUOTE=marxman;3451151]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinningchain1 View Post

So what would you recommend for a long action (30-06) mag kit to put in it, i would love to just put in the bottom metal so i could use the pinch both sides of the mag ones that rem makes on the rifles these days /QUOTE]

Pretty sure you cant do that the detachable mag actions from remington are different from the bdl

You can use the factory Remington detachable
mag floorplate and magazine components in a rifle that came from the factory without a detachable magazine , but it may take a bit of bedding to get the magazine lips to sit against the receiver feed rails, and still allow the magazine to lock into the floor plate properly. I did this conversion myself, but I used a stock inletted for the factory detachable magazine system . However, since the rifles that came from the factory with detachable magazines do not have feed rails in the receiver, they won't function with a floorplate system, without somehow installing feed rails.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:07 AM

Default ....

I do have a buddy that has a new rem with factory mag i would be using it to compare as i was doing the work on it if i go that route though no where has the rem factory floor plate to take the stock rem mags in stock.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinningchain1 View Post
Im not rich otherwise i would just take it to alberta tactical and get them to do it up as well i would have something worth way more then a rem 700.

So what would you recommend for a long action (30-06) mag kit to put in it, i would love to just put in the bottom metal so i could use the pinch both sides of the mag ones that rem makes on the rifles these days but i dont realy know where to look, it is a wood stock and i can handle inleting it on my own too so thats a big plus.

I would look at trading someone there stock/mag set up if they wanted a BDL stock with a floor plate or a nice 4-16x44 varmint scope with yds dial and mill dots have the box too from Hawke really nice was clover leafing at 250yds with a 260 i had it on and did a 6" group at 500yds with wind gusting
Just buy the Remington detachable mag system from western gun parts or someone like that I had a kwik klip in my sendero it was a cheap pile of junk, I bought the Remington kit and did my own inlet it is easy to do and the quality was well worth it.