Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-07-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
The funniest one I hear all the time "where did you shoot your elk" .... as if I'm going to divulge my secrets.
I usually point to my ribs and say " right about here"........
Old 08-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky660 View Post
Lol, we all know someone like that.
No. I'm serious...did he come of the base in Wainwright?
Cause if not...maybe they are twins.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post
No. I'm serious...did he come of the base in Wainwright?
Cause if not...maybe they are twins.
LOl, I didn't think you were serious. This guy lived in Lloydminster at the time and we took him back to Edgerton to hunt around my old stomping ground. Chances are I know the guy you are talking about as I grew up in Edgerton and worked in Wainwright for a number of years before moving to Lloyd.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky660 View Post
LOl, I didn't think you were serious. This guy lived in Lloydminster at the time and we took him back to Edgerton to hunt around my old stomping ground. Chances are I know the guy you are talking about as I grew up in Edgerton and worked in Wainwright for a number of years before moving to Lloyd.
Well I can think of 2.
One drove a silver truck with a rack and usually carried a pump 30-06.
The other drove a dark green..almost black dodge and carried a 30-06 semi.
Both were i n their late 3o's
Both were hunting nuts but also nuts when hunting.
They also hunted together a few times...double trouble.
I used to try to keep a hill between me and them if I saw em.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:22 PM

A Weapons Tech fellow I knew back in the green days; who also grew up in Alberta, stood on his head arguing(circa 1994) there were never whitetails in Alberta. I couldn't help but laugh at him. Even went so far as to call me a liar after I commented on harvesting 2 or 3 whitetails every year since the mid-80s. I still laugh about this guy's argument.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:43 PM

Hey pass me my keys for my trigger lock.... I gave them to you this morning...

Ummmm, no you didn't.... Oh yep I did!!!

Errrrrrr, no ya didnt actually, cuz you picked me up 10 hours ago....and I loaded all my stuff in your truck....

Silence.... Then MGIVER walks out of the bush...Lol...

Well not really, but...we made out ok...took awhile though until Houdini showed up..
Old 08-08-2013, 07:26 AM

In a blind with a new gun one year.....
BOOM -BOOM " F&^%K!!"
BOOM-BOOM " F&&^K!!
Next blind over where my partner was
" Sure is a lot of Ffin' going on over there- I thought we was shooting' ducks"??!!
Cat
Old 08-08-2013, 08:44 AM

Wasn't me and wasn't funny...Brother was hunting with a buddy (In the states) who was showing off the double safety on his pistol and pointed it at himself and pulled the trigger. Brother drove him back to town fast with a gutshot and never spoke to him again.

Driving back to camp after dark guy comes running out of a campsite screaming there is a bear in his campspot. Guy reeked of alcohol but convinced us to go look. Amazingly it was true.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
I usually point to my ribs and say " right about here"........
Or... what my Dad says... You know that cutblock where you turn left at first little gully on the mile 95 road just past the halfway bridge.

Yeah!....

Well nowhere near there!....
Old 08-08-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekred View Post
Or... what my Dad says... You know that cutblock where you turn left at first little gully on the mile 95 road just past the halfway bridge.

Yeah!....

Well nowhere near there!....

Hahaha. I usually tell them I shot it near NunYa creek! As in Nun ya business. lol
Old 08-08-2013, 03:37 PM

Funniest thing I heard when hunting my first season last year was the three clicks of my hammer falling without it being a boom right after. This was during the chase of a doe I had shot a little too far back, and right before I said 'awwwwww shyte, my safety is on.' Not my proudest moment but worked out well for me in the end. Not so much for the doe who managed to run 450 yards on me.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:33 PM

Had a Guy tell me last year on Sept 17 out in 412 that i was poaching and the area didn't Open until the 18 according to his regs and that I best be careful of what i'm doing. I laughed and argued with him for a bit before finally leaving. Had the regs in my truck but not on me to prove to him he was wrong, though some how i think it wouldn't have mattered as i don't believe he understands how to read the regs. He must also think the last day is the 29 Of november haha
Old 08-11-2013, 12:35 PM

I walked into an area before first light just off of Highway 40# and sat watching a bit of a clearing. As the sun was coming up I saw a hunter coming towards me from the far side of the clearing so I flipped my hat around to show the blaze orange and let him know I was there. He came around and sat for a bit with me and we decided we would head back to where I parked my truck and I would drive him back around to his then I was going to go try a few other places. As we were walking back to the 40 there right on the shoulder was 3 white tails. Feeling no need to spook them we just sat and watched. While watching we could see 2 hunters on top of a little hill having a discussion about how fast they could get the deer out of there if they shot it or if it would be better to shoot it and drag directly back into cover before they dressed it. The guy I was with then cleared his throat loudly scared the white tails and the other hunters, so with an, "Oh ****!" they promptly high tailed it out of there.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrushoutdoors View Post
The guy that was bragging that he's killed 70 or 80 bucks over 180"..... Oh wait tht was you winger7mm! Haha
Never remember running into you in the field there bud, Nor have I EVER stated iv killed 70 or 80 bucks, geezus man how old do you think I am? I aint close to 60 FYI