Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-21-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
These two statements are monumentally false.

First off the Government of Canada goes into debt when the Bank of Canada prints money. This did not start until 1974 when P.E Trudeau sold the Bank of Canada to a private interest. So if the government wants to put an additional 100M into circulation they pay the interest on that 100M, where as before 1974 they never did. Also with fractional reserve banking. The banks can lend out money at 20-1 vs their deposits. They basically have a license to counterfeit money. It's unbelievable and resulting in a declining middle class. It's no surprise though, as Keynes quoted Lenin as saying the best way to destroy capitalism is debauch the currency. In other words inflation hurts the middle class, keeps the poor, poor, and benefits the rich who can buy assets at depleted prices. It's the easiest way to a totalitarian government as it reduces competition.

As for our money being backed by gold. Its the furthest thing from the truth. Our money is backed by nothing. And at any point we could see hyper-inflation which would basically ruin the middle class.
In a hyper inflation environment, like could happen in a few years if Tater Tot keeps going the way he's going, it's better to be in debt, rather than to have savings. This is with the proviso that the debt accumulated was for things that could help one get ahead (such as growing food), or for assets that hold a steady buying power (precious metals, bullets and guns), or things that one can make money with (raising and selling food).

A fellow I know from Argintina saw how things were going and bought all the gold he could buy with all the money he could borrow. He just paid interest on these loans, until the Argintine currency collapsed. Then he paid the load back. He told me that the amount that he borrowed for an oz of gold was the price of a pack of cigarettes the day he paid it back... How far would saving that cash in the bank have helped you??
Old 02-21-2017, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
Did this not also happen when Woodrow Wilson sold money printing to the Federal Reserve? He even said "I am a most unhappy man, I have unwittingly ruined my country". What is ironic is how the private entity is named 'Federal Reserve' in a lame attempt to mislead the masses. Also ironic - Woodrow Wilson was featured on the $100,000 bill.

One needs to look one step further, both here and in US, in both 'sellouts', which group benefited from that? When you get that answer, you know who controls the finances of the world. The same group has profited from both sides of every conflict for well over a century. Tinfoil information, but factual.

The same group would never let a province in Canada make its own decisions.
Yes it did. They had tried two times unsuccessfully to implement a central bank before that. They caused a few bank runs and sold the masses on the notion that a central bank would reduce volatility in the market. (Seems to have worked great....)
Old 02-21-2017, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amosfella View Post
In a hyper inflation environment, like could happen in a few years if Tater Tot keeps going the way he's going, it's better to be in debt, rather than to have savings. This is with the proviso that the debt accumulated was for things that could help one get ahead (such as growing food), or for assets that hold a steady buying power (precious metals, bullets and guns), or things that one can make money with (raising and selling food).

A fellow I know from Argintina saw how things were going and bought all the gold he could buy with all the money he could borrow. He just paid interest on these loans, until the Argintine currency collapsed. Then he paid the load back. He told me that the amount that he borrowed for an oz of gold was the price of a pack of cigarettes the day he paid it back... How far would saving that cash in the bank have helped you??
And this is why we need to establish a tangible currency. Something like a 1 dollar bill is worth so much gold. So its impossible for this to happen.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:43 PM

This thread infuriates me. What a disgrace. Don't like the rest of Canada , lets separate , coming from a guy who voted for the government we have in place...I am confused....
Old 02-21-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
These two statements are monumentally false.

First off the Government of Canada goes into debt when the Bank of Canada prints money. This did not start until 1974 when P.E Trudeau sold the Bank of Canada to a private interest. So if the government wants to put an additional 100M into circulation they pay the interest on that 100M, where as before 1974 they never did. Also with fractional reserve banking. The banks can lend out money at 20-1 vs their deposits. They basically have a license to counterfeit money. It's unbelievable and resulting in a declining middle class. It's no surprise though, as Keynes quoted Lenin as saying the best way to destroy capitalism is debauch the currency. In other words inflation hurts the middle class, keeps the poor, poor, and benefits the rich who can buy assets at depleted prices. It's the easiest way to a totalitarian government as it reduces competition.

As for our money being backed by gold. Its the furthest thing from the truth. Our money is backed by nothing. And at any point we could see hyper-inflation which would basically ruin the middle class.
It takes a fool to argue with a fool. I made an off the top of my head statement and you bit

Why go back to the gold standard if gold only has a value that someone puts on it? Who decides what gold is worth? Seems simpler to just print more money, but fill your shorts if you think you have the answer.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreya3212 View Post
This thread infuriates me. What a disgrace. Don't like the rest of Canada , lets separate , coming from a guy who voted for the government we have in place...I am confused....
Infuriates me as well.

I think that threads like this may be free speech but give AO the reputation of being a bit of a looney bin.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreya3212 View Post
I have nothing against the rest of Canada. It's my belief the rest of Canada should also become their own entity simply because it's easier to write laws then to re-write them and to start a new currency.

After looking at whats happening, I don't believe that Canada as it stands now can be saved no matter who's in government. At the very least it'll be much harder to implement change under the current system.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
It takes a fool to argue with a fool. I made an off the top of my head statement and you bit

Why go back to the gold standard if gold only has a value that someone puts on it? Who decides what gold is worth? Seems simpler to just print more money, but fill your shorts if you think you have the answer.
Its simple gold is a finite resource, there by making hyper inflation impossible if your currency is backed by a finite resource. If you can't see this in the words of Rug "enjoy the decline". Your kids, and their kids will suffer because of your ignorance.

Last edited by raab; 02-21-2017 at 07:05 PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:01 PM

Does anyone know about this party? http://alberta.independence-movement.org
Old 02-21-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
Not interested in separation. This will have fringe support no doubt. I don't have a vision for this in my Canada or my Alberta. Fill yer boots...
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnsem10 View Post
The entire system of the world and currency is all made up, gold is worthless, just as a $100 bill is worthless, hate to break it to you but the entire thing is made up. If the system ever falls apart who is going to want gold? And for what purpose?
Please send me all your gold and $100.00 bills.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Its simple gold is a finite resource, there by making hyper inflation impossible if your currency is backed by a finite resource. If you can't see this in the words of Rug "enjoy the decline". Your kids, and their kids will suffer because of your ignorance.
not to mention that they would suffer for your ignorance!
Old 02-21-2017, 07:21 PM

Only in favour of it meant liberation from Quebec and they separated.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:25 PM

raab,
Maybe you should buy yourself a couple acres while our money still has some value and then separate yourself from Alberta and Canada and let us know how that works for you
Old 02-21-2017, 07:37 PM

Quote:
not to mention that they would suffer for your ignorance!
LOL, my ignorance. You should research how our monetary system actually works. Once you understand it you'll understand the need get rid of the central bank and our current currency. The easiest way to do this is through separation. The rest of Canada should also separate and we can re-unite under a new reformed monetary system that doesn't take advantage of the poor and middle class and has a flourishing economy coast to coast.

If you enjoy recessions and depressions we should keep going under the current monetary system as the elite use these to gain more resources while the middle class lose. How do they do it? Easy they know when the central bank will expand or contract the money in circulation which leads to an expansion or contraction of the stock markets and business in general. Its honestly the ultimate scheme and for the billions the IMF makes, I'm sure they'd like to keep it that way.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:40 PM

Quote:
raab,
Maybe you should buy yourself a couple acres while our money still has some value and then separate yourself from Alberta and Canada and let us know how that works for you
You should know we have no property rights under current Canadian law. Perhaps that could change...
Old 02-21-2017, 07:57 PM

raab
I think it should be obvious by now that I am not taking you seriously.

I think I will quit my back and forth with you before I say anymore.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:05 PM

Quote:
raab

While you might not take me seriously I believe you should watch this before passing judgement https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuP2hH0Kpro
Old 02-21-2017, 08:20 PM

Quote:
raab

Is anybody taking this seriously????
Old 02-21-2017, 10:00 PM

As a Free Mason and member of the Illuminati I cannot allow this to happen.

The separation of Alberta, having solved the riddle of our global banking choke hold on the countries of the world would destroy our vision of the new world order.

I forbid this conversation to continue !!!!