Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-18-2017, 01:41 PM

Default Rcbs chargemaster

So I'm reloading some ammo using my chargemaster and I want to dispenses 56gr of powder. The unit runs until it gets to about 53ish and stops and all I hear is a very faint whine. It's supposed to slow the feed rate until it gets to the set dispense weight. Has anyone had this issue?
Old 02-18-2017, 01:48 PM

Nope.
It should go to about 1/3 to 1/4 of the first speed, then drop down to a sort of jog on jog off stepping mode.

There are no absolutes
Old 02-18-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Nope.
It should go to about 1/3 to 1/4 of the first speed, then drop down to a sort of jog on jog off stepping mode.
The thing is kinda dusty. I'm thinking I got crap in there as it seems laboured at high speed
Old 02-18-2017, 06:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgvande View Post
The thing is kinda dusty. I'm thinking I got crap in there as it seems laboured at high speed
Did you buy it used? I take very good care of mine and it works flawlessly. Either way, I wouldn't be afraid to take it apart and see what ails it.
Old 02-19-2017, 09:17 AM

I took it apart as it is a few years old. I didn't see any issues. I think I may grab the numbers off the motor and see if I can find one. But I just bought a hornady equivalent. They are are on Sale at Natchez right now. 159 bucks US. The chargemaster replacement is still way up there in price. I still can use the Rcbs I have but it was going to be a pain in the but. The scale is fine so I can still use it as a check scale.
I was on the Internet and I did find some instructions on how to speed the chargemaster up and it worked a little better but still was not making weight.
Old 02-19-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgvande View Post
I took it apart as it is a few years old. I didn't see any issues. I think I may grab the numbers off the motor and see if I can find one. But I just bought a hornady equivalent. They are are on Sale at Natchez right now. 159 bucks US. The chargemaster replacement is still way up there in price. I still can use the Rcbs I have but it was going to be a pain in the but. The scale is fine so I can still use it as a check scale.
I was on the Internet and I did find some instructions on how to speed the chargemaster up and it worked a little better but still was not making weight.
Call RCBS and they will take care of you. Best customer service going.

Tags
charge master rcbs