Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-11-2019, 10:01 AM

Default Source for Remington 870 ext mag tube

I’m looking for a source for 870 extended mag tube and flashlite attachment , anyone seen anything in Canada. And no not western gun parts
Thx
Old 06-12-2019, 07:28 AM

For 870 stuff, I turn to Casey @ Tactical Ordnance in Bradford, Ontario. In fact, lots of people do...not just me. lol Casey's shop is only 15 minutes up the road, but he's well known for his expertise/parts/service on 870s. Google Tactical Ordnance~lots to read.

I'd try Casey for both the mag extension and light request, but I'd suggest you decide how you want to mount the light first. A SureFire forend (NOT cheap) would be about the best, but I recently bought a small ($55) picatinny rail thing from S&J Hardware for my Mossberg 500. I already had a small/cheap, pistol-style light that mounts to a rail...so this bracket completed it for me. I'm also down to 1 x 870, and it's the youth 20ga Express my kids use for clays/grouse. No tactical requirement. lol

Anyhow, S&J make all kinds of good quality pump shotgun accessories...including mag extensions I believe, but my go-to is Casey for sure. I think he can even make custom-length ones, but it's been a while since I've been on his site. I'm in his shop a couple of times a year.