Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-08-2010, 10:27 PM

Default Finally caught something on the NSR

So, after lurking on here for quite a while and fishing on the NSR for most of the summer, I finally caught something tonight! I could see fish jumping all evening but then switched to a slip bobber rig and caught 4 nice Goldeye. The best part is that this spot is only a 15 minute walk from my house. I'll take some pictures for next time, I was too excited to be catching fish to bother with my phone camera.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:32 AM

Congrats!

The NSR can definitely be a little tricky when you're first getting started on it, but once you get it even a little figured out it really is a great fishery. And now that you've managed to get yourself into some fish you'll be out there even more than you were before.

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 08-09-2010, 06:59 AM

COngrats man! I have only fished the NSR a couple times, and unfortunately I have never had much luck. Glad to see your catching some golds! =)
Old 08-09-2010, 07:05 AM

I'm already out there more than I should be. But thats ok, in a month when school starts I'll be inside for pretty much 8 months!

Now if I could just figure out how to catch some pike and walleye before the end of August.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLINE View Post
I'm already out there more than I should be. But thats ok, in a month when school starts I'll be inside for pretty much 8 months!

Now if I could just figure out how to catch some pike and walleye before the end of August.
Catching them is easy...it's finding them that's the tough part.

What part of town are you in?

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 08-09-2010, 05:45 PM

I live downtown, but I have wheels so I can go just about anywhere. I know that the catching is the easy part, I just haven't found the right spot. I know that there are some good looking places around downtown but getting down to the river is usually my problem.

I usually go fishing on the river a couple nights a week and at least once during the weekend. I don't think there's a better excuse to get outside than fishing!